Author Topic: Korean Peace Process  (Read 57252 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Korean Peace Process
« Reply #375 on: June 12, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »
tom cotton makes a strong argument, any nukeless country should start development asap.

https://twitter.com/eschor/status/1006522861627101184

maybe we can just start a pre-emptive war with every non-nuclear country to prevent them from getting nukes.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 12, 2018, 02:13:56 PM »
I honestly didn't expect the summit to be this entertaining.

For a while, it was just KJU, Trump, and their interpreters in a room. No one outside of those four has a clue about what they said to each other.

:lol:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 12, 2018, 02:15:19 PM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 12, 2018, 02:20:01 PM »
i would think that any nukeless country already had plenty of incentive to get nukes. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #380 on: June 12, 2018, 02:24:14 PM »
I'm glad we opened a dialogue with NK. 

It's laughable that the great deal-making president gave up war games for absolutely nothing.  If dax was pissed at the Iran deal, I can't wait to see his outrage about a deal in which we received literally nothing in return.
to be fair, if we get "absolutely nothing" out of this, then i doubt we give up the exercises.

How dare you call into to question the likelihood their nevertrump fan fiction will come true.  :shakesfist:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 12, 2018, 02:25:27 PM »
i would think that any nukeless country already had plenty of incentive to get nukes.

Libya or Iraq is a way better example than N. Korea anyway.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 12, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »
pre-summit status quo?  i'm not sure i understand your question.

You thought it was better when Trump was calling KJU names and there was seemingly legit talk about a first strike by the US?

i did not think it was wise to insult and provoke kju.  i think it would have been better to stop doing that rather than stop doing that and also stage summit theatre.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 12, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »
I'm glad we opened a dialogue with NK. 

It's laughable that the great deal-making president gave up war games for absolutely nothing.  If dax was pissed at the Iran deal, I can't wait to see his outrage about a deal in which we received literally nothing in return.
to be fair, if we get "absolutely nothing" out of this, then i doubt we give up the exercises.

How dare you call into to question the likelihood their nevertrump fan fiction will come true.  :shakesfist:

Pence's press secretary is a strange source for nevertrump fan fic

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 12, 2018, 02:35:18 PM »
maybe we can just start a pre-emptive war with every non-nuclear country to prevent them from getting nukes.

north korea isn't going to denuclearize, but there's a chance trump can convince 'pubs they don't need to worry about north korea having nukes after all, which would be a significant accomplishment.

engaging with your strawmen is very nearly as tedious as engaging with wackycat's strawmen.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 12, 2018, 02:38:19 PM »

Libya or Iraq is a way better example than N. Korea anyway.

for a while, we tried to pull the wool over all their eyes with talk of incentivizing desirable behavior.  fortunately that sort of foolishness is in the past.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 12, 2018, 02:45:43 PM »

north korea isn't going to denuclearize, but there's a chance trump can convince 'pubs they don't need to worry about north korea having nukes after all, which would be a significant accomplishment.

engaging with your strawmen is very nearly as tedious as engaging with wackycat's strawmen.

I was referring to Tom Cotton who already wants to start a 3-4 front war against our enemies. you seemed to endorse his logic.  I like that quote a lot better about not caring as much about a nuclear n korea?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 12, 2018, 03:04:16 PM »
tom cotton doesn't post here, which is where i must have gotten confused.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 12, 2018, 03:05:33 PM »
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/694516002
This article says Congressional Leftocrats are critical of Trump making peace; he gave up too much or didn't press on human  rights or was too respectful of Kim.
Duuuur stupid bastards.  He got the start of a deal to rid the world of nukes and take away the toys of a deminted fat boy.   I say if he had to kiss Kim's butt to get a deal that is okay.  Coolnothings Obama looked good, but did nothing but drive us closer to Nuclear war with NK.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 12, 2018, 03:15:56 PM »
tom cotton makes a strong argument, any nukeless country should start development asap.

Better yet, get them to cease all pursuit of WMD's, have them actively fighting entities like Al Qaeda and then go in and overthrow their government leaving the country in ruins.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2018, 03:19:58 PM »
pre-summit status quo?  i'm not sure i understand your question.

You thought it was better when Trump was calling KJU names and there was seemingly legit talk about a first strike by the US?

Do you see us being more likely or less likely to be right back to that 6 months from now?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2018, 03:59:42 PM »
tom cotton doesn't post here, which is where i must have gotten confused.

I get that I could be more clear, but you said that and then posted a big cotton quote. Sorry, I didn't remember the post from a month ago where you said something else.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2018, 04:09:07 PM »
i don't expect you to remember my previous posts.  i do expect that if the two of us are engaged in a conversation, your arguments will be directed at what you think i am saying or what you think i think.  if you want to address cotton's statement directly you could insert a little clarifier like "maybe cotton..."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2018, 04:49:30 PM »

Better yet, get them to cease all pursuit of WMD's, have them actively fighting entities like Al Qaeda and then go in and overthrow their government leaving the country in ruins.

I agree Libya was bad.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2018, 04:54:05 PM »
i don't expect you to remember my previous posts.  i do expect that if the two of us are engaged in a conversation, your arguments will be directed at what you think i am saying or what you think i think.  if you want to address cotton's statement directly you could insert a little clarifier like "maybe cotton..."

Your quote made me think you agreed with tom cotton. the context of cotton's world view was what I was referencing (which you seemed to endorse?!). But I didn't re-read the whole thread or print out your posts and put a cork board together so I guess I missed the subtle point you were making that was different (maybe?).

Your posting on here is now largely inscrutable for me, but you are constantly getting mad when no I can't figure out wtf you are talking about. A good combo, very enjoyable for me.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 12, 2018, 05:01:20 PM »
i would have thought it was obvious that my commentary above cotton's statement was ironic.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2018, 05:12:57 PM »
Poe's Law snares us all at some point in time.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2018, 05:34:42 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 12, 2018, 06:04:15 PM »
Why is it hard to understand that the concept of being "Libya'd" or "Iraq'd" or "Syria'd" by the United States and its partners is a very real thing? 

What does the most technologically advanced military in the world, with decades worth experience in war or preparation for war on the Korean Peninsula stand to gain by yet another drill during these times?

Nothing.