Author Topic: 2018 Spring football  (Read 25426 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Spring football
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2018, 10:45:47 AM »
Waters was a worse runner than Skylar

How contrarian of you. Tell me how good then Skyler is at finding a pylon, first down marker, or lowering is soon to be shredded shoulder. At least Waters didn't lay down like a cowering dog 2 yards short of the first down like all the goddamn time.

holy crap.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2018, 11:43:01 AM »
waters fell over if you looked at him funny.  i liked waters fine, but he was a below average runner. 

thompson's runs against oklahoma state end this dispute.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2018, 10:35:03 PM »
Got the funny police up in here again. 

He's old.  This is what happens to old people.  Maybe he's sick, maybe not, but mixing up Taylor for a guy who isn't even on the team anymore is a classic old person move. 

If you can't chuckle at that shared human experience, then i don't know.  We have different senses of humor i guess.

It's insane he's still our coach.

i get where you're coming from, but still don't agree that it's ok. laughing at elders isn't really shared among all people, it's definitely more of an american thing. like you wouldn't ever laugh at a crippled person for walking funny.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2018, 10:43:16 PM »
Making fun of old people is one of the things I love most about american culture.  You gotta bring it even if you are 95 in this country or you will get destroyed.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2018, 10:45:25 PM »
i know a guy who moved here from minnesota and his name is wally.  wally pronounces “lenexa” as “lenexia”.  cracks me up every time

:lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2018, 11:14:15 PM »
funny story - Mo Latimore repeatedly would call Vai Lutui "Mario" unironically when he was at k-state because, ya know, Mario Fatafehi

Fun Fact - Mo Latimore is a dick and once called a player trying out for a NFL roster spot and told him he had no shot and to give it up, openly mocked him on speaker phone with current players(at the time) on the phone. The player ended up playing in the NFL for a couple of years.

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2018, 08:19:09 AM »
https://twitter.com/DScottFritchen/status/984768005887483907

Trying not to get my hopes up too much (I know it's spring and every team thinks this is "the year"), but the more I hear about the offense opening up, the more excited I get.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2018, 08:23:42 AM »
funny story - Mo Latimore repeatedly would call Vai Lutui "Mario" unironically when he was at k-state because, ya know, Mario Fatafehi

Fun Fact - Mo Latimore is a dick and once called a player trying out for a NFL roster spot and told him he had no shot and to give it up, openly mocked him on speaker phone with current players(at the time) on the phone. The player ended up playing in the NFL for a couple of years.

Mo sounds like a master motivator. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2018, 08:47:51 AM »

Trying not to get my hopes up too much (I know it's spring and every team thinks this is "the year"), but the more I hear about the offense opening up, the more excited I get.
I still can't believe Fritch blocked me for making fun of Riley. Sober fritch is such a bitch.  :frown:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2018, 09:05:29 AM »

This excites me  :drool:

@kso_FAN think we might see some GT counter stuff that OU does?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2018, 09:30:13 AM »
we already run the that stuff but without the sweep wrinkle and our dudes aren't as fast.

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2018, 09:33:20 AM »

I don't know why it annoyed me so much more than normal. Maybe because I thought we had more weapons than we usually do, but QB draw every other play was especially painful to watch last year. Small sample size, but the two plays we ran right after the rain delay against TCU were a pretty good representation of how mailed in our offense looked. Delton kept it up the middle, then rolled to his right and chucked it out of bounds. The game was still within reach, at least on the scoreboard, and the coaches basically got a free halftime and did NOTHING with it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2018, 09:41:24 AM »
we already run the that stuff but without the sweep wrinkle and our dudes aren't as fast.
Harris and/or Warmack are perfect for that role, you cretin.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2018, 10:28:59 AM »

By GT counter I'm assuming you mean pulling the guard and tackle, traditional counter trey blocking stuff. We don't use it a ton, but it is something we already use some. In fact, much of the time you see what most people consider a zone read look in the backfield for us, its often a counter trey and automatic give to the back. Often it ends up looking like and off tackle sweep play if you aren't watching the pulling linemen.

Also, I'm sure many of your read this, but this piece by Ian Boyd of footballstudyhall.com is one of the best articles I've ever read breaking down much of what we've done during Snyder 2.0.

https://twitter.com/Ian_A_Boyd/status/984057410582171648

My assumption is that a lot of these concepts will remain, but there will be tweaks with Dimel gone and new coordinator's in place. However, I think many of the "plus one" concepts in place come down from Snyder and its just the coordinators job to figure out how that will happen.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2018, 12:11:33 PM »
K-State offense.....pizazz

Fritch is such a wordsmith.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2018, 12:26:23 PM »
We have young studs coordinating this year.  Prepare yo self’s.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2018, 10:06:29 AM »

I don't know why it annoyed me so much more than normal. Maybe because I thought we had more weapons than we usually do, but QB draw every other play was especially painful to watch last year. Small sample size, but the two plays we ran right after the rain delay against TCU were a pretty good representation of how mailed in our offense looked. Delton kept it up the middle, then rolled to his right and chucked it out of bounds. The game was still within reach, at least on the scoreboard, and the coaches basically got a free halftime and did NOTHING with it.

I wanted to fight all of the coaches during that game, complete cowardice.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2018, 10:22:37 AM »

By GT counter I'm assuming you mean pulling the guard and tackle, traditional counter trey blocking stuff. We don't use it a ton, but it is something we already use some. In fact, much of the time you see what most people consider a zone read look in the backfield for us, its often a counter trey and automatic give to the back. Often it ends up looking like and off tackle sweep play if you aren't watching the pulling linemen.

Also, I'm sure many of your read this, but this piece by Ian Boyd of footballstudyhall.com is one of the best articles I've ever read breaking down much of what we've done during Snyder 2.0.

https://twitter.com/Ian_A_Boyd/status/984057410582171648

My assumption is that a lot of these concepts will remain, but there will be tweaks with Dimel gone and new coordinator's in place. However, I think many of the "plus one" concepts in place come down from Snyder and its just the coordinators job to figure out how that will happen.

Great article, although I take exception to blaming Sisco's high school injury to what happened to him in '17, that's ridiculous given what happened in '16.

Offline CD

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2018, 02:50:57 PM »
Walter Neil Jr getting a lot of praise from Snyder today. I think its going to be Duke and AJ Parker on the outside with Neil playing the nickle.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »
LHC Bill Snyder said "Mike McCoy is a very talented player, very physical player, very undisciplined player – two out of three doesn't work. When he gets the third order of business in place, he'll be a very fine player."

Giving up on plays or something I guess

The Big Train

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2018, 07:53:32 AM »
So what should I look for today at the spring game?

The Big Train

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2018, 09:37:00 AM »
So what should I look for today at the spring game?

Did they lock the doors to the Ice Family Basketball Center?

Offline SteelCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2018, 11:33:17 AM »
New player on the roster.  Jeremy Collier - Senior Punter.   May have a chance to play.

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2018, 01:42:17 PM »
Delton can pass, Taylor and Weber look good. D looks small.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk