Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 534971 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #7400 on: August 12, 2020, 11:25:40 AM »
it is really hard to build a coherent moral framework when looking back decades ago at policy decisions, counter-factuals are useful for this I think. I consider them quite a bit. I don't see segregation of CCC work camps as some sort of crushing indictment of the New Deal, but I will let others make up their own minds.

I definitely think that the way that generational wealth was stolen through housing policies was a huge problem that we are still mired in, but it hardly seems fair to attack the New Deal over that, and I think it is almost always done in bad faith.

Rural electrification and essentially eliminating old age poverty are towering achievements! No apologies needed!

I am extremely skeptical Biden is on the verge of anything even on the scale of a relatively minor program like the creation of the FDIC which was an enormous success.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: August 12, 2020, 11:29:38 AM »
There has been a ton of human trafficking awareness on social media over the last month.  We've all seen the memes, articles, etc.  It's looking like for those who hold human trafficking as a top issue in this election, Kamala is their horse to help with the fight.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/08/10/kamala-harris-progressive-pioneer-san-francisco-da-column/3334668001/

Sen. Harris’ progressive approach did not end with marijuana prosecutions or lack thereof. She co-founded the Coalition to End the Exploitation of Kids. She then spearheaded a task force combating the human trafficking of girls. Upon her invitation, I went to the task force meetings to speak on behalf of one of my juvenile clients. My client, a beautiful teenage girl, had aspirations of joining the military. She was selling her body to earn money when her life was cut short; she was found dead in a San Francisco dumpster.

Harris and I talked about my client and the exploitation of young girls happening on a constant basis. Unlike her predecessors, she did something about it. She stopped prosecuting young girls for prostitution — acknowledging that they were victims who needed treatment for trauma and not criminals who needed to be incarcerated.

https://sf-hrc.org//sites/default/files/Documents/Policy_Division/SFCAHT/TraffickingServiceDirectory_2010_Final_1_.pdf
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: August 12, 2020, 11:34:11 AM »
it is really hard to build a coherent moral framework when looking back decades ago at policy decisions, counter-factuals are useful for this I think. I consider them quite a bit. I don't see segregation of CCC work camps as some sort of crushing indictment of the New Deal, but I will let others make up their own minds.

I definitely think that the way that generational wealth was stolen through housing policies was a huge problem that we are still mired in, but it hardly seems fair to attack the New Deal over that, and I think it is almost always done in bad faith.

Rural electrification and essentially eliminating old age poverty are towering achievements! No apologies needed!

I am extremely skeptical Biden is on the verge of anything even on the scale of a relatively minor program like the creation of the FDIC which was an enormous success.

I know, I know

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: August 12, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »
There has been a ton of human trafficking awareness on social media over the last month.  We've all seen the memes, articles, etc.  It's looking like for those who hold human trafficking as a top issue in this election, Kamala is their horse to help with the fight.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2020/08/10/kamala-harris-progressive-pioneer-san-francisco-da-column/3334668001/

Sen. Harris’ progressive approach did not end with marijuana prosecutions or lack thereof. She co-founded the Coalition to End the Exploitation of Kids. She then spearheaded a task force combating the human trafficking of girls. Upon her invitation, I went to the task force meetings to speak on behalf of one of my juvenile clients. My client, a beautiful teenage girl, had aspirations of joining the military. She was selling her body to earn money when her life was cut short; she was found dead in a San Francisco dumpster.

Harris and I talked about my client and the exploitation of young girls happening on a constant basis. Unlike her predecessors, she did something about it. She stopped prosecuting young girls for prostitution — acknowledging that they were victims who needed treatment for trauma and not criminals who needed to be incarcerated.

https://sf-hrc.org//sites/default/files/Documents/Policy_Division/SFCAHT/TraffickingServiceDirectory_2010_Final_1_.pdf

guarantee the q folks will say that makes her the perfect person to cover it up

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: August 12, 2020, 11:40:02 AM »
I think history has shown that FDR didn't give two shits about non whites and the new deal should be looked at through that spectrum. Any benefits derived by women and minorities from the new deal weren't intentional, other than the largely toothless fair employment act. That being said it was ambitious and progressive  and there seems to be no way that Biden and Harris are willing to stick their necks out that far. I think the 2024 equivalency would be sweeping social and criminal justice reforms that would probably also entail the relatively dismantling of the military complex as well to pay for the needed reforms.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: August 12, 2020, 11:42:50 AM »

guarantee the q folks will say that makes her the perfect person to cover it up

Yes, those human trafficking people are Qs who think it's liberals who are doing the trafficking, they won't be backing Harris, the same way they don't work with agencies like the NCMEC in their quest to prevent human trafficking.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: August 12, 2020, 11:51:15 AM »
FDR will forever carry the cross of shame for the largest singular incarceration of American Citizens without cause-crime-charge in the nations history. 

Then after incarcerating them in substandard conditions,  he had the audacity to accept their enlistment in our Armed Forces to go and fight the enemy that he, by his actions, claimed that they were.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: August 12, 2020, 12:06:38 PM »
FDR will forever carry the cross of shame for the largest singular incarceration of American Citizens without cause-crime-charge in the nations history. 

Then after incarcerating them in substandard conditions,  he had the audacity to accept their enlistment in our Armed Forces to go and fight the enemy that he, by his actions, claimed that they were.

Yeah, it's too bad that Americans have allowed the cheeto to repeat history, like 10 fold.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: August 12, 2020, 12:15:25 PM »

Yeah, it's too bad that Americans have allowed the cheeto to repeat history, like 10 fold.

The people you are referencing are not American citizens and have broken Federal Law.   In many cases, they are felons who have violated a multitude of Federal laws and are engaged in criminal enterprise.

Your party has repeatedly squelched any and all attempts to reform immigration, and then toss out the strawmen every time someone criticizes their insane immigration proposals. 

Your take is to essentially tell the people who have immigrated the right way to go eff themselves and laugh in their face.   In addition, the leaders of your party:  Pelosi, Biden, Schumer have done a complete 180 on immigration since 2017 all in the name of pandering and political power and nothing more.

Your hero immigrated her from Somalia, has allegedly engaged in multiple activities that would make her ineligible to even hold an elected position on the national level in the United States, and yet she still sits in a seat of power in Washington DC.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: August 12, 2020, 12:30:32 PM »
If the entire trump family backs this woman, how can she be so bad?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7410 on: August 12, 2020, 01:23:40 PM »

The people you are referencing are not American citizens and have broken Federal Law.   In many cases, they are felons who have violated a multitude of Federal laws and are engaged in criminal enterprise.

Your party has repeatedly squelched any and all attempts to reform immigration, and then toss out the strawmen every time someone criticizes their insane immigration proposals. 

Your take is to essentially tell the people who have immigrated the right way to go eff themselves and laugh in their face.   In addition, the leaders of your party:  Pelosi, Biden, Schumer have done a complete 180 on immigration since 2017 all in the name of pandering and political power and nothing more.

Your hero immigrated her from Somalia, has allegedly engaged in multiple activities that would make her ineligible to even hold an elected position on the national level in the United States, and yet she still sits in a seat of power in Washington DC.

The people I'm referencing would be American citizens if the process on becoming a citizen were the same as it was in the 1920's and 30's. The train of thought in closing up legal pathways to citizenship are exactly the same thoughts that led to internment camps. You yourself said "In many cases, they...are engaged in criminal enterprise." This is absolutely false, the same as thinking all Japanese Americans were spies who would share info with Japan.

Sidenote when you say things like that it's tough not to believe you when you try to claim that you're not a racist.

You can get all the way the eff outta here with that whataboutism with the democrats. I blast them every time I talk about immigration. The failures of the Clinton and Obama administrations doesn't erase the fact that cheeto amplified their bigotry and xenophobia.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 01:28:26 PM by MakeItRain »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: August 12, 2020, 01:26:20 PM »
It's fascinating that dax has never said anything negative about a non-Bush republican president (bush's were mean to trump, so open season)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: August 12, 2020, 02:07:13 PM »
Is there any pick that Biden could have made that dax wouldn't have "lol'd"?  Doug Jones, maybe?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: August 12, 2020, 02:08:12 PM »
Is there any pick that Biden could have made that dax wouldn't have "lol'd"?  Doug Jones, maybe?

wrong Jones

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: August 12, 2020, 02:52:52 PM »

wrong Jones

:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: August 13, 2020, 09:24:24 AM »
Another good one by, SK. Sorry... this guy is just a huge dork!

https://twitter.com/queeninyeiiow/status/1293565696941719552?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: August 13, 2020, 09:50:01 AM »

The people I'm referencing would be American citizens if the process on becoming a citizen were the same as it was in the 1920's and 30's. The train of thought in closing up legal pathways to citizenship are exactly the same thoughts that led to internment camps. You yourself said "In many cases, they...are engaged in criminal enterprise." This is absolutely false, the same as thinking all Japanese Americans were spies who would share info with Japan.

Sidenote when you say things like that it's tough not to believe you when you try to claim that you're not a racist.

You can get all the way the eff outta here with that whataboutism with the democrats. I blast them every time I talk about immigration. The failures of the Clinton and Obama administrations doesn't erase the fact that cheeto amplified their bigotry and xenophobia.

I don't give a eff if you blast Democrats or not, that's utterly irrelevant.

It's not the 1920's anymore.   

You of course didn't even touch what I said about immigration reform because you can't and you won't admit that your party will fight to the death to prevent Trump or any Republican President from having a win on immigration.   While at the same time your party leadership, having done a complete 180 on immigration continues to try and float insane immigration ideas and then has a total meltdown every time their insanity is called out.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: August 13, 2020, 10:15:13 AM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: August 13, 2020, 11:17:35 PM »

You of course didn't even touch what I said about immigration reform because you can't and you won't admit that your party will fight to the death to prevent Trump or any Republican President from having a win on immigration.   While at the same time your party leadership, having done a complete 180 on immigration continues to try and float insane immigration ideas and then has a total meltdown every time their insanity is called out.

Confused old man is confused

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: August 13, 2020, 11:19:25 PM »

This one is much more mockable. How in the hell are you going to praise the same person you think unjustly locked up your friend for 7 years?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: August 14, 2020, 07:40:51 AM »

Confused old man is confused
The usual tap out

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: August 15, 2020, 02:19:00 PM »
Probably should be cross posted.

It's going to be the worst of all worlds with President Harris.

Insane social policies and a corporate/big bank boot licker

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/11/joe-biden-vp-pick-wall-street-executives-are-happy-about-kamala-harris.html

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: August 15, 2020, 02:31:05 PM »
Insane social policies and a corporate/big bank boot licker

If true, there’s appeal to me in this.  The corporate bootlicking would temper down well-intentioned but insane social policies into something practical.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: August 15, 2020, 04:10:57 PM »
It’s going to suck absolute ass for small business. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: August 15, 2020, 04:11:49 PM »