Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 547191 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #6650 on: March 10, 2020, 01:41:18 PM »
It's really not that crazy for children to aspire to do what their parents did whether its politics, professional athletics, company ownership, military service, etc.  That one of those children within the last 100+ years was sufficiently successful and well known to get elected president like his dad doesn't strike me as odd at all.  At least no moreso than a father & son both being in like the MLB or NFL hall of fame.

Well at least we can agree that we live in a meritocracy and the sons, daughters, wives, husbands and in laws of our politicians just happen to be the most qualified just like the best athletes in the world.
It’s just that their parents worked hard to provide a better life for their children.  Would hate to remove that incentive.
:adios:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: March 10, 2020, 01:43:59 PM »
It's really not that crazy for children to aspire to do what their parents did whether its politics, professional athletics, company ownership, military service, etc.  That one of those children within the last 100+ years was sufficiently successful and well known to get elected president like his dad doesn't strike me as odd at all.  At least no moreso than a father & son both being in like the MLB or NFL hall of fame.

Well at least we can agree that we live in a meritocracy and the sons, daughters, wives, husbands and in laws of our politicians just happen to be the most qualified just like the best athletes in the world.
It’s just that their parents worked hard to provide a better life for their children.  Would hate to remove that incentive.

the Trumps and Bushes didn't just work hard, they worked the hardest! Admirable

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: March 10, 2020, 01:45:42 PM »
If you can’t guarantee your failson a 6 figure no show job then why would anyone make the sacrifice to run for public office?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: March 10, 2020, 01:53:05 PM »
America recently elected the son of an ex-president to be president, and almost elected the wife of an ex-president to be president. And a big chunk of it is into the royal family scene. That’s rough ridin' crazy if anyone cares at all about perks given to the 2020 finalists and their offspring.

Obviously no one cares. KW is too rough ridin' stupid to realize that the guy we have in office now has taken nepotism for idiot offspring to a new level. RATM is right that Biden voters absolutely care more about giving favors to your dumb rough ridin' kids, but Trump normalized this for ever and ever. Hunter getting money for crap jobs pales in comparison to the trump spawn getting security clearances and traveling the world getting paid to embarrass the country every time they open their mouths. It is hilarious that any republican, with a straight face, would mention nepotism as an issue.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: March 10, 2020, 02:03:57 PM »
Frankly, I never got the hysteria over Jared’s security clearance and I don’t see how that compares in any way to Hunter Biden. Jared went to work for his father-in-law, who happens to be POTUS. By all accounts, Jared is actually working at his job, including trying to broker an immigration deal and developing what has been widely regarded as the most serious plan for Mideast peace we’ve seen to date. Are you really suggesting that a president should never be permitted to allow intelligent family members to participate in an administration?

Even if you do think that, how on earth is that comparable to the Hunter Biden situation, who collected a fat paycheck to do jack crap because his daddy was veep? Is there something I’m missing here? Is Jared corruptly leveraging his security clearance for financial gain?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: March 10, 2020, 02:06:43 PM »
Is Jared corruptly leveraging his security clearance for financial gain?

I mean...most likely

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: March 10, 2020, 02:09:12 PM »
Almost certainly. I think there may even be proof of it. Too many scandals to remember exactly.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: March 10, 2020, 02:09:47 PM »
There is zero possibility that that trump could independently get a security clearance, so obviously people that vote for him won't care that admin officials can't get one either.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: March 10, 2020, 02:10:46 PM »
Frankly, I never got the hysteria over Jared’s security clearance and I don’t see how that compares in any way to Hunter Biden. Jared went to work for his father-in-law, who happens to be POTUS. By all accounts, Jared is actually working at his job, including trying to broker an immigration deal and developing what has been widely regarded as the most serious plan for Mideast peace we’ve seen to date. Are you really suggesting that a president should never be permitted to allow intelligent family members to participate in an administration?

Even if you do think that, how on earth is that comparable to the Hunter Biden situation, who collected a fat paycheck to do jack crap because his daddy was veep? Is there something I’m missing here? Is Jared corruptly leveraging his security clearance for financial gain?

The difference is that the unqualified kid getting the job from the US government takes taxpayer money and puts American lives at unnecessary risk, while the unqualified kid on the board of a foreign energy company doesn't cost us anything or put anyone at risk.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: March 10, 2020, 02:14:27 PM »
By all accounts, Jared is actually working at his job, including trying to broker an immigration deal and developing what has been widely regarded as the most serious plan for Mideast peace we’ve seen to date.

Lmao come on man.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6660 on: March 10, 2020, 02:16:36 PM »
By all accounts, Jared is actually working at his job, including trying to broker an immigration deal and developing what has been widely regarded as the most serious plan for Mideast peace we’ve seen to date.

Lmao come on man.

Is KSUW talking about the Israel/Palestine deal that didn't involve Palestine?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: March 10, 2020, 02:17:59 PM »
Camp David accords? Absolute rough ridin' garbage compared to Jared’s Israel plan that only Israel and the US have agreed to.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: March 10, 2020, 02:25:05 PM »
If you can’t guarantee your failson a 6 figure no show job then why would anyone make the sacrifice to run for public office?

Lol at sacrifice.  Yes, personal interest/gain is why almost all run for and try to stay in public office.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: March 10, 2020, 02:26:41 PM »
Camp David accords? Absolute rough ridin' garbage compared to Jared’s Israel plan that only Israel and the US have agreed to.

it took some real bi-partisan work to get the US and Israel to agree on ways to be awful to palestine

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: March 10, 2020, 02:32:56 PM »

The difference is that the unqualified kid getting the job from the US government takes taxpayer money and puts American lives at unnecessary risk, while the unqualified kid on the board of a foreign energy company doesn't cost us anything or put anyone at risk.

They receive no salary.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: March 10, 2020, 02:37:32 PM »
And Trump donates his $400k or whatever it is.  Doesn't stop him from costing taxpayers millions on golfing trips.  Salaries are the least expensive parts of these positions.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: March 10, 2020, 02:40:16 PM »
It seems like we won’t be hearing more about the historic and widely praised Middle East peace plan and that is too bad.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: March 10, 2020, 02:45:12 PM »
Whatever you think of the work, whining that a security clearance is on par with Joe and Hunter’s grift was not a solid effort by liberal goEMAW.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: March 10, 2020, 02:48:27 PM »
We'll be hearing a lot more about Trump's kids from Bloomberg and anti-Trump conservatives soon enough.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: March 10, 2020, 02:52:40 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: March 10, 2020, 02:53:48 PM »
Whatever you think of the work, whining that a security clearance is on par with Joe and Hunter’s grift was not a solid effort by liberal goEMAW.

I am seeing that Hunter Biden's grift will be a pretty big issue for trumpers and I am very much here for it.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: March 10, 2020, 02:54:45 PM »
This is awkward to watch

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1237462855034843136?s=20

did he threaten to take it outside there at the end? good gravy

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: March 10, 2020, 02:56:25 PM »
Trump is going to be 1000X more of a douche bag than that guy on a debate stage. Biden might charge after him IRL, with cameras rolling.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: March 10, 2020, 02:58:19 PM »
Trump is going to be 1000X more of a douche bag than that guy on a debate stage. Biden might charge after him IRL, with cameras rolling.

as I said....I am here for it. 

Can you imagine biden charging trump as trump tries to get away but his painful bones spurs kick in?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: March 10, 2020, 02:59:14 PM »
 :lol: