Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 545854 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #5900 on: February 26, 2020, 08:24:29 AM »
I’ve enjoyed these last two debates. I can see why some Dems would be turned off by all the infighting or how herp derp Pubs want to just believe disagreement = dumpster fire, but I appreciate the efforts at this stage to differentiate the candidates and the developed talking points.
I think it's fair for 'pubs to believe disagreement = dumpster fire, especially after the last election and the dems rolling out the same cast of characters.  :th_twocents:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: February 26, 2020, 08:25:24 AM »
I’ve enjoyed these last two debates. I can see why some Dems would be turned off by all the infighting or how herp derp Pubs want to just believe disagreement = dumpster fire, but I appreciate the efforts at this stage to differentiate the candidates and the developed talking points.
I think it's fair for 'pubs to believe disagreement = dumpster fire, especially after the last election and the dems rolling out the same cast of characters.  :th_twocents:

The only character from last election is Bernie

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: February 26, 2020, 08:26:33 AM »
And he's the leader....

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: February 26, 2020, 08:36:03 AM »
i think dub might be crazier than dax

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: February 26, 2020, 08:38:20 AM »

No. It just seems that way because dax actually likes Trump and dub has to pretend like he does.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: February 26, 2020, 08:44:22 AM »
https://slate.com/business/2018/10/amazon-artificial-intelligence-hiring-discrimination-women.html

Algorithms are biased (intentional or not)

I'm curious if campaigns like Pete and Yang's know which words/phrases/other things to include or exclude in order to hit the primary inbox. Given the results, it's kind of like, "how could they not know!?"

Incidentally, the professor mentioned in the Stanford/Silicon Valley article I posted in the SF thread, Mehran Sahami, is credited with pioneering the spam folder (google's).

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #5906 on: February 26, 2020, 08:51:32 AM »
There is a 100% chance Pete’s group did everything they could to avoid the “promotional” designation. Really I think the chart is a testament to the folks who sweat the details.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: February 26, 2020, 09:09:43 AM »

No. It just seems that way because dax actually likes Trump and dub has to pretend like he does.

They are both gigantic IRL POS’s
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: February 26, 2020, 09:11:30 AM »
Da Big Psycho (edit) rage, SlowDug and waks:  Both 1000% roiling cauldrons of perpetual rage

Sad

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 09:29:03 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: February 26, 2020, 11:32:12 AM »
I think a lot of trump guys like dub forget what a mess the '16 primary season was. They literally fought about who has an adequate penis.

It was never this bad. And penis size is more relevant than most of the “ideas” that were “debated” last night.

Peak MAGA: I wish Bernie would stop trying to explain how he’s going to pay for Medicare for All and tell us his penis size.

Do you actually believe Bernie has a way to pay for his proposals, or any of the other candidates? No? Then why does it matter? Anyway, if you actually watched the debate last night, most of it boiled down to either attacks or pandering based upon identity politics, which is about all the Democrat Party is anymore. There’s virtually no substance.

It’s taxes. The same way every other developed country pays for this stuff. The only question is which taxes.

yeah and expecting a campaign to truly work out the details on how to implement and pay for something as complex as Medicare for All during the primary is pretty dim. It's ridiculously complex and will need more specialized people working on it than a campaign could ever hire. The first step is saying it's what you want, and while I admire the fact that Warren is saying she has a plan, in actuality her "plan" is irrelevant, because it would need to change when she actually takes office and congress tries to work on it.

Also if you really want medicare for all you don't put a lame public option on the table because compromising before you come to the table is like the worst negotiating strategy you can have. IMO AOC said it pretty well:

“A president can’t wave a magic wand and pass any legislation they want,” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) told HuffPost this week.

Ocasio-Cortez ? one of the most outspoken advocates for Medicare for All ? said she thought voters understood there was an “inherent check” on the president’s ability to actually change things like our health care system. And she argued that the realities of governing were actually an argument for someone like Sanders, as he’d be able to push Democrats and resulting changes further left.

But Ocasio-Cortez is also realistic about how far even a President Sanders could actually move Congress.

“The worst-case scenario? We compromise deeply and we end up getting a public option. Is that a nightmare? I don’t think so,” she said.

Ocasio-Cortez stressed that just getting a public option for health care wasn’t the left’s ultimate goal. But she also said she wasn’t here to railroad other members with differing viewpoints on health care ? she just thinks it helps to have a president who has a more ambitious platform than Congress so that Democrats could stretch what’s possible.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/roadblock-bernie-sanders-congress-medicare-for-all_n_5e45ac30c5b6e095c6bcceb0?6yc&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYXhpb3MuY29tL2FvYy1tZWRpY2FyZS1mb3ItYWxsLXB1YmxpYy1vcHRpb24tYmVybmllLXNhbmRlcnMtNmY5NDQ5M2UtOTZkMy00MzI5LThjMjktZDE3ODkxZDQzZmM5Lmh0bWw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALhVx1TdUMn3mSSN-6dVFoZkbnjeB40JiLKLwTMxOCXo88aICkivKXb5EVrWdK0FnhWrGzcPY8QDqIPZ3NlC0j7aTM7_s-a0otl0O1klI5qQYpCR1UTXjXLuGqEmowak-yVEKDyv3Fo-A36jU18TOX7XfGNJKNg6EvE_BnAtUxjf

(also AOC's gonna be president someday)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5910 on: February 26, 2020, 11:54:36 AM »
He can’t stand rich ppl. He can only tolerate the ones who got wealthy off taxpayers.

They all get wealthy off taxpayers
Not all of them made a career off of it via politics, dumb dumb. They had previous business success or other avenues that got them to where they were.

If you are talking about Bernie, he's remarkably poor for someone as old and successful as he is who hasn't needed any sort of assisted living. It's a pretty good indication that he doesn't know what he is talking about regarding the budget.

https://twitter.com/the_antifada/status/1232529803925958656?s=20

also lol

https://twitter.com/robwhisman/status/1232724803498340352?s=20

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: February 26, 2020, 12:12:50 PM »
Rusty, that was great.  Where did you find that?  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: February 26, 2020, 12:14:48 PM »

thanks katdaddy! I found it on twitter

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: February 26, 2020, 12:22:26 PM »

thanks katdaddy! I found it on twitter

This just confirms my belief Pete is phony.  I had a classmate who was just like that, and his goal was to be a politician.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: February 26, 2020, 12:24:27 PM »
We should definitely hate people who follow a multi-decade plan to achieve a goal
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: February 26, 2020, 12:28:42 PM »
We should definitely hate people who follow a multi-decade plan to achieve a goal

oh jeez it's a funny video and tweet

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: February 26, 2020, 12:30:14 PM »
I agree  :shy:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: February 26, 2020, 12:32:01 PM »
I'm curious if campaigns like Pete and Yang's know which words/phrases/other things to include or exclude in order to hit the primary inbox.

isn't that stuff mostly based on if you click to open the senders' emails or not?  i signed up for several candidates and they all went to my promotions folder after a little bit of training gmail that that's where i wanted them to go.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: February 26, 2020, 12:43:55 PM »
I'm curious if campaigns like Pete and Yang's know which words/phrases/other things to include or exclude in order to hit the primary inbox.

isn't that stuff mostly based on if you click to open the senders' emails or not?  i signed up for several candidates and they all went to my promotions folder after a little bit of training gmail that that's where i wanted them to go.

I don't think they opened any of the emails for the study as a way to test the initial algorithm

Still, I definitely have some emails (not political) that are a pain in the ass to get in my primary gmail inbox

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: February 26, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »

In the test scenario, they started with a fresh account and attempted to treat all candidate email in an equal manner. It appears you can game the default settings to hit the primary inbox, which would obviously be advantageous.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: February 26, 2020, 01:49:27 PM »
pretty good summations of why sanders will win and why he won't win arguments.

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1232366685690245122
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: February 26, 2020, 01:53:00 PM »
Steve Kornacki is a K-State sports fan for some totally random reason.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: February 26, 2020, 02:20:14 PM »
I really wish that the fivethirtyeight would break down "no one" more than they do. It's really easy for me to look at it as Sanders getting a plurality but not a majority, but some of that percentage has to also account for Biden getting a plurality. I don't think the DNC would nominate someone without the plurality. I'm guessing it's about 70% Sanders gets the nomination at this point unless the DNC actually goes with someone else in a brokered convention.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: February 26, 2020, 02:36:21 PM »
Steve Kornacki is a K-State sports fan for some totally random reason.

yeah, it's amazing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: February 26, 2020, 02:39:26 PM »
I really wish that the fivethirtyeight would break down "no one" more than they do. It's really easy for me to look at it as Sanders getting a plurality but not a majority, but some of that percentage has to also account for Biden getting a plurality. I don't think the DNC would nominate someone without the plurality. I'm guessing it's about 70% Sanders gets the nomination at this point unless the DNC actually goes with someone else in a brokered convention.

they do.  click on the underlined words in the sentence below the title to change from majority to plurality.  it is 67% sanders plurality, 23% biden at the moment.