Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 546039 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #5825 on: February 25, 2020, 05:29:52 PM »
I think Bernie can win. I just want a slam dunk.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: February 25, 2020, 05:42:14 PM »
I think Bernie can win. I just want a slam dunk.

Does not exist.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: February 25, 2020, 06:13:36 PM »
Because I live in Texas and my vote won’t matter, I likely won’t vote for president if it’s between Bernie and Trump.

If I lived in a swing state I would vote for Bernie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: February 25, 2020, 06:58:20 PM »
Because I live in Texas and my vote won’t matter, I likely won’t vote for president if it’s between Bernie and Trump.

If I lived in a swing state I would vote for Bernie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gall darnit make texas a swing state!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: February 25, 2020, 07:26:01 PM »
I told that dumbfuck not to get in the mud, now we know he told a woman to get an abortion, good night.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: February 25, 2020, 08:29:40 PM »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: February 25, 2020, 08:31:54 PM »
Bloomy

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: February 25, 2020, 08:35:52 PM »
Bernie doesn't understand that, rightly or wrongly, hairsplitting over things like Cuba falls on deaf ears.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5835 on: February 25, 2020, 08:43:40 PM »
I’m only about halfway through this dumpster fire. Thoughts so far....

The way Bernie jab/waggles that finger when he talks, he looks like a confused senior citizen in the elevator.

Oh snap mini mike hits Bern with unfounded russia rumors right out the gate!

Biden: I own the black people of South Carolina. Bloomberg: I apologized for making black neighborhoods safer and I met with black people about that. Everyone else: I like black people, too!

Elizabeth Warren’s pregnancy discrimination story is a known lie, but she keeps telling it. Huh.

OMG - Liz actually brought up “kill it!!” Points to her. That’s not gonna go over well with the pro-abortion crowd tho.

This is hilarious. They’re all so frantic to debunk Bernie’s numbers that the moderator has lost all control. It’s like an Iowa caucus site!

Joe Biden is now attacking... Tom Steyer. Has he confused Tom Steyer with Bernie? Even Tom is like - wait, why is this dude talking about me?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: February 25, 2020, 08:45:59 PM »
Bernie doesn't understand that, rightly or wrongly, hairsplitting over things like Cuba falls on deaf ears.

Our policy toward Cuba has been an abject failure on any measure. The idea that we should be threatened a tiny island nation 90 miles away from us 60 years after the missile crisis is absurd on its face. The fact that they have in spite of being effectively excluded from the global economy, 99% literacy, and that they train and exports doctors the world over is just that, a fact. We should end the embargo and open up trade as Obama rightly did. If you learn even the most basic facts about the situation, it is obvious and being scared of just talking the obvious truth about this and everything else has got to stop. Being scared of what Trump is going to say about something is to just accept losing.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: February 25, 2020, 08:47:03 PM »
Every one of KSUW's remarks is equally stupid, but the last one is at least easy to address.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1232479137668816896

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: February 25, 2020, 08:52:09 PM »

Our policy toward Cuba has been an abject failure on any measure. The idea that we should be threatened a tiny island nation 90 miles away from us 60 years after the missile crisis is absurd on its face. The fact that they have in spite of being effectively excluded from the global economy, 99% literacy, and that they train and exports doctors the world over is just that, a fact. We should end the embargo and open up trade as Obama rightly did. If you learn even the most basic facts about the situation, it is obvious and being scared of just talking the obvious truth about this and everything else has got to stop. Being scared of what Trump is going to say about something is to just accept losing.

My point is that even if he's right he hurts himself by engaging when people aren't following along.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: February 25, 2020, 08:54:29 PM »
Question to the libs: are any of you actually watching this? Are any of you proud of this?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: February 25, 2020, 08:55:07 PM »
I agree that it is weird that cable news decided to freak out about it for a day or two, but this is probably the last time we will hear about it.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: February 25, 2020, 09:18:54 PM »
I agree that it is weird that cable news decided to freak out about it for a day or two, but this is probably the last time we will hear about it.
Nope. Not the last time. A hit. A very palpable hit.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: February 25, 2020, 09:19:42 PM »
Yeah it's a non issue. No one but Cuban Republicans in Florida genuinely care even a little bit

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: February 25, 2020, 09:22:02 PM »
Which is an interesting point! Florida very well could be a MUST WIN for Trump. And nominating Bernie may be conceding Florida.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: February 25, 2020, 09:29:36 PM »
https://twitter.com/ArthurDelaneyHP/status/1232476328504381440

Are you just learning about this tonight?

Yes, [redacted] I am. I had no reason to give two shits about Michael Bloomberg until a month ago. It speaks to my point about him sticking to the issues and out of the gutter.

My apologies to not knowing everything about everyone, as you obviously do.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: February 25, 2020, 09:35:49 PM »

Yes, [redacted] I am. I had no reason to give two shits about Michael Bloomberg until a month ago. It speaks to my point about him sticking to the issues and out of the gutter.

Yeesh calm down, bud. Not everything is an attack. It’s just interesting to me. This was big news on a lot of sites, but evidently none that you frequent.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: February 25, 2020, 09:36:42 PM »

It was a gaffe to mention it in the 60 Minutes interview, and a compounding mistake to continue to talk about it the way that he does. The problem for him doing it is that for those who do care about Castro, it's deeply deeply personal. There's hardly anyone outside of Florida cares. It won't hurt him now, because he's going to win Texas and California by roughly 8 billion delegates.

He will need to drop it before the presidential election and find a way to address it when it's brought up by the Republicans. He absolutely can lose Florida by continuing to be hard-headed about this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: February 25, 2020, 09:39:21 PM »

Yeesh calm down, bud. Not everything is an attack. It’s just interesting to me. This was big news on a lot of sites, but evidently none that you frequent.

Again, I have no reason to give a crap about Michael Bloomberg, after next Tuesday, he'll go back to being though of when someone mentions stop and frisk or Big Gulps.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: February 25, 2020, 09:41:18 PM »
Florida is not winnable in 2020 it doesn't matter at all.