Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 545948 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #5675 on: February 24, 2020, 09:59:24 AM »
If Sanders actually were able to fully implement his agenda, I could see Russia preferring him. I think they probably prefer Trump, though, just because they already have 4 years of proven results with him.

they want whoever can divide the country the most. trump is clearly #1. bernie is clearly #1 of the remaining dems (rip tulsi). I don't think bernie implementing his agenda has anything to do with it.

What presidential candidates wouldn't "divide the country the most?" The country is just as divided now as we were when we were being led by a black moderate. Trump was elected because of the divide and it's exactly why the democratic party is smart to go with a leftist. Another moderate does nothing to expand their base which is clearly needed. The division was created by two things; the increased influence of money into the political structure and historically disenfranchised populations getting louder voices in the process.

The last presidential election had the moderate of all moderates as the democratic presidential candidate, lmao at anyone who thinks this election will be anymore divisive than the last one. Yeah man, Biden, Bloomberg, or Buttigieg would definitely bring the country together, lol. Listen to yourself.

you absolutely kicked the crap out of that poor scarecrow

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: February 24, 2020, 10:00:38 AM »
We are going to hear so many Venezuela talking points over then next 8 months.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: February 24, 2020, 10:26:17 AM »
Yeah, dax will prattle on about how a us submarine in the artic makes putin mad and completely miss how awesome trump is for putin with pissing off our allies and sowing chaos in government.

Oh you mean the "allies" that pump hundreds of billions of dollars into Vlad Putin's pockets every year?  Those "allies"?   The same "allies" that continue to deploy Huawei in their national cellphone network upgrades?  Those "allies"?    The same allies that the new IDNI has been trying to get to quit buying stuff from Vlad Putin? 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5678 on: February 24, 2020, 10:32:50 AM »
If Sanders actually were able to fully implement his agenda, I could see Russia preferring him. I think they probably prefer Trump, though, just because they already have 4 years of proven results with him.

they want whoever can divide the country the most. trump is clearly #1. bernie is clearly #1 of the remaining dems (rip tulsi). I don't think bernie implementing his agenda has anything to do with it.

What presidential candidates wouldn't "divide the country the most?" The country is just as divided now as we were when we were being led by a black moderate. Trump was elected because of the divide and it's exactly why the democratic party is smart to go with a leftist. Another moderate does nothing to expand their base which is clearly needed. The division was created by two things; the increased influence of money into the political structure and historically disenfranchised populations getting louder voices in the process.

The last presidential election had the moderate of all moderates as the democratic presidential candidate, lmao at anyone who thinks this election will be anymore divisive than the last one. Yeah man, Biden, Bloomberg, or Buttigieg would definitely bring the country together, lol. Listen to yourself.

I sympathize with you POV, but I think it’s fair to say that the country is more divided now under Trump than under Obama. But that’s mainly because Trump’s election has driven liberals insane. See my thesis from 2017 on this topic. So being “divided” isn’t necessarily a bad thing if the division is mainly because the folks who hate America are pissed off.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 10:52:18 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5679 on: February 24, 2020, 10:35:50 AM »
It's amazing how much real estate "what does Russia want" occupies in liberal brains. I want 4 more years of Trump because he's better for my family, my pocketbook, and my country.

I think your post 30 minutes ago on this very topic contained more words than all the subsequent posts responding to it combined.

I care about the media’s and the Dems’ (but I repeat myself) red scare tactics. Speaking of things that divide our country.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5680 on: February 24, 2020, 10:37:15 AM »
LMAO at the people who hate America being the democrats.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5681 on: February 24, 2020, 10:40:22 AM »
When UIN/LibDork Nation starts throwing around "protecting Democracy" while getting in line behind Mega Communist Bernie Sanders who just reminded us all again of his great love for the Soviet system.    That's all we need to know.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5682 on: February 24, 2020, 11:27:30 AM »
They are all calculating that Bernie still has a ceiling of about 25-30% in most remaining states. And that ceiling combined with the proportional manner in which the Dem primaries award delegates, will keep him from a majority even if most of the remaining candidates stay in. I think everyone but Klo, for example, is counting on Klo to drop out soon. Meanwhile, anyone who remains in the race has a shot at a brokered convention. At least I think that’s what they are thinking, and I can’t say it’s completely irrational.

a.  clearly, sanders does not have a ceiling of 25%, that's stupid.

b.  there are enough votes for proportional delegate awarding to keep maybe three candidates going without someone disproportionately benefiting.  there are not enough to keep six going.  if four or more candidates persist (with a nonnegligible voteshare), sanders is going to win a majority of delegates.

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1231961006068391939
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5683 on: February 24, 2020, 11:33:22 AM »
Share buybacks were illegal until 1982.

what is the fantasy harm you and sanders believe is caused by stock buybacks?

i can see an argument for taxing buybacks as dividends, but that's about it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5684 on: February 24, 2020, 11:34:14 AM »

I don't care either way tbh

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5685 on: February 24, 2020, 11:35:35 AM »

I don't care either way tbh

In general, I don't really care about the wonky bullshit details when it comes to any of Bernie's policies.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: February 24, 2020, 11:40:47 AM »
ok, good.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: February 24, 2020, 11:53:44 AM »
Kinda gross but this guy sums up pretty well why Bernie can do well in the general

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1232000325541822464?s=19

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: February 24, 2020, 12:02:35 PM »
I applaud Bernie for being honest when he admits he has not earthly idea how much all of his free stuff is going to cost.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: February 24, 2020, 12:07:21 PM »
I applaud Bernie for being honest when he admits he has not earthly idea how much all of his free stuff is going to cost.
Dax is about to start caring about deficits again!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: February 24, 2020, 12:11:18 PM »
Dax is about to start caring about deficits again!

#onlymoney (born 2009-died 2017)

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: February 24, 2020, 12:54:27 PM »
walls, military spending growth, farm subsidies - economicaly feasible

education / healthcare - economically infeasible

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: February 24, 2020, 01:00:13 PM »
Haha

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: February 24, 2020, 01:23:50 PM »
walls, military spending growth, farm subsidies - economicaly feasible

education / healthcare - economically infeasible

The Federal gov't quit spending money on education and healthcare?

Weird, got a link?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: February 24, 2020, 01:25:16 PM »
Kids in cages is okay when we do it (LibDork Nation Leadership)

(insert clip of Biden making excuses about why it was good when his administration put kids in cages)

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: February 24, 2020, 01:26:24 PM »
I am 100% ok with kids being put into cages for the duration and circumstance they were under the Obama administration.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: February 24, 2020, 01:34:31 PM »
And more importantly not as an explicit deterrent to (largely legal) attempts to immigrate.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: February 24, 2020, 01:41:13 PM »
Your guy deported millions of people.

Catch and release is still very much alive and well, and of course you always completely avoid the ol paternal separation/geo-relocation issue that was prevalent during the previous administration (while dealing with peak levels that were almost half the peak levels this administration has faced).

Your party sold out to the Open Borders people just for political gain, cus OrangeMan Bad. (insert Obama, Pelosi, Chuckie et. al. on record talking about how people just couldn't cross the border and expect to stay)

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: February 24, 2020, 01:42:18 PM »
I am an open borders person, so that sounds good to me, too.