Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 546497 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #4875 on: February 04, 2020, 10:10:10 AM »
Is Lyndsey suggesting Bernie rigged this thing?

https://twitter.com/lindseygrahamsc/status/1224722983152947200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: February 04, 2020, 10:12:24 AM »
No, dnc crashed it cause Bernie was dogwalking papa frontrunner Biden
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: February 04, 2020, 10:13:51 AM »
Ok, lmao

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: February 04, 2020, 10:22:35 AM »
I've been hesitant to outright call Pete and his campaign scummy, far be it from me to intentionally hurt catastrophe and spracne's feelings. However, what Pete's communication director in Iowa did tonight is 100% scumbag behavior.

https://twitter.com/bhalle87/status/1224558925946793985

If you're not able to follow, this dude tweeted out the pin number that the caucus workers have to use to report the votes. Least you think he did it on accident, by my count he did it 17 different times. To repeat the communications director of for Pete Buttigieg gave out 17 different pin numbers that are used to report results. He still hasn't taken them down despite literally hundreds of people letting him know what he did.

What’s the concern with publicizing the pin? And I mean that as an actual question. I have no clue.
I wondered this too... is the system so insecure that someone who has a pin that is written on a worksheet going around the room could just report whatever results they want?

The answer is yes. The system relies on about 10,000 volunteers to report results, many of which commit late in the process. Having advanced levels of security is pretty difficult to make work with this system. In actuality this probably didn't have any effect on the results, I'd hope the system doesn't allow you to report twice with two different results. The issue is the hubris and entitlement the campaign has operated under. Making the volunteers show the Buttigieg show them those sheets, then taking pictures of them, then tweeting them out without redacting what amounts to rectal passwords, is ridiculous. No other campaign has done this once, they did it 17 times.
What's a rectal password?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: February 04, 2020, 10:43:00 AM »
I guess that's why they call him Mayor Cheat  :curse:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: February 04, 2020, 10:46:16 AM »
Why are Bernie's people lashing out at Pete rather than the DNC? Are they just saving that for later?

They're lashing out at everyone without the least bit of self-awareness. The Sanders campaign whining about a fix in '16 is the absolute reason why we have this system in place.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: February 04, 2020, 10:47:50 AM »
I've been hesitant to outright call Pete and his campaign scummy, far be it from me to intentionally hurt catastrophe and spracne's feelings. However, what Pete's communication director in Iowa did tonight is 100% scumbag behavior.

If you're not able to follow, this dude tweeted out the pin number that the caucus workers have to use to report the votes. Least you think he did it on accident, by my count he did it 17 different times. To repeat the communications director of for Pete Buttigieg gave out 17 different pin numbers that are used to report results. He still hasn't taken them down despite literally hundreds of people letting him know what he did.

What’s the concern with publicizing the pin? And I mean that as an actual question. I have no clue.
I wondered this too... is the system so insecure that someone who has a pin that is written on a worksheet going around the room could just report whatever results they want?

The answer is yes. The system relies on about 10,000 volunteers to report results, many of which commit late in the process. Having advanced levels of security is pretty difficult to make work with this system. In actuality this probably didn't have any effect on the results, I'd hope the system doesn't allow you to report twice with two different results. The issue is the hubris and entitlement the campaign has operated under. Making the volunteers show the Buttigieg show them those sheets, then taking pictures of them, then tweeting them out without redacting what amounts to rectal passwords, is ridiculous. No other campaign has done this once, they did it 17 times.

Haha no idea how that got in there

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: February 04, 2020, 10:49:38 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: February 04, 2020, 10:52:01 AM »
Ok, lmao

He was definitely gE'ing, our buddy 7 doesn't do enough drugs to be one of those brain dead bernie bros.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: February 04, 2020, 10:52:44 AM »
The desire for power can do funny things to people.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: February 04, 2020, 11:02:14 AM »

Backdoor

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: February 04, 2020, 11:03:17 AM »
 :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: February 04, 2020, 11:04:07 AM »
Ok, lmao

He was definitely gE'ing, our buddy 7 doesn't do enough drugs to be one of those brain dead bernie bros.

You can call me the conspiracy whisperer

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: February 04, 2020, 11:14:21 AM »

Backdoor
Is that similar to a buttigieg or?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4890 on: February 04, 2020, 12:04:50 PM »
This won't be confusing at all. I'd assumed the above tweet meant final number.

https://twitter.com/rubycramer/status/1224746034447908864

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: February 04, 2020, 12:08:45 PM »
If it'd help, I'm sure all those kids are up for standing in various parts of a gym again.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: February 04, 2020, 12:10:49 PM »
They won't/can't release a final number because Troy Price, met don't really care for, will not disclose that many many precincts had similar issues that the one I attended did. They're trying to figure out how to tabulate counts that were done incorrectly. They either have to present a flawed count or completely throw out numbers from entire precincts.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: February 04, 2020, 12:13:51 PM »
They won't/can't release a final number because Troy Price, met don't really care for, will not disclose that many many precincts had similar issues that the one I attended did. They're trying to figure out how to tabulate counts that were done incorrectly. They either have to present a flawed count or completely throw out numbers from entire precincts.

I know you are a bit self-interested here, and I would be the same way if I got as much say as Iowans get, but can you see how completely this has been mangled from start to finish and that the caucus should be killed?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: February 04, 2020, 12:14:14 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: February 04, 2020, 01:09:00 PM »

I know you are a bit self-interested here, and I would be the same way if I got as much say as Iowans get, but can you see how completely this has been mangled from start to finish and that the caucus should be killed?

Oh I agree 100%. I don't think there's anyone outside of the IDP paid staff would think anything but this is completely the highest end of fuckery. I've been critical of the IDP and how they run things here, since I've moved here, they continually eff things up. I do think the caucus should be killed and Iowa, NH, SC, and NV should all have their primaries first, together.

My only issue is with the people who say that Iowa shouldn't go first because it isn't diverse enough, that's insulting and low bottom pandering.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: February 04, 2020, 01:35:48 PM »
It seems dumb that anyone goes first. Just have everyone go on the same day like the general.
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: February 04, 2020, 01:37:39 PM »
Do a round in February to narrow it down to 2-3 people and another round at the end of April so that every state can equally choose the candidate.
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: February 04, 2020, 01:47:40 PM »
It seems dumb that anyone goes first. Just have everyone go on the same day like the general.

That's a fantastic way to centralize the power even more. The primaries season is literally the only bit of populism left in American politics. With a system like that the only presidents in our lifetime that would have still been elected are the Bush x2

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: February 04, 2020, 01:48:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1224718123045195776

That really should just say "Bernie twitter"