Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 546133 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #4200 on: January 01, 2020, 10:59:32 PM »
I don’t know why he would, I’m making fun of Pete as much as I’m making fun of people being mad about Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catastrophe is a moron. He refuses to believe that Pete being deceptive is why anyone cares about this, no one actually cares about McKinsey.
Oh boo rough ridin' hoo. Wahhhh.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: January 01, 2020, 11:01:19 PM »
I don’t know why he would, I’m making fun of Pete as much as I’m making fun of people being mad about Pete

Catastrophe is a moron. He refuses to believe that Pete being deceptive is why anyone cares about this, no one actually cares about McKinsey.
Oh, Pete is a politician not named Bernie (unelectable)? You don't say?!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: January 01, 2020, 11:03:26 PM »

:confused:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: January 01, 2020, 11:07:00 PM »

Bernie is endearing because he is genuine. Wouldn't be a good president, though (but better than Trump). Elsewise, who's your pick? Liz? Frickin Biden?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: January 01, 2020, 11:10:51 PM »

Bernie is endearing because he is genuine. Wouldn't be a good president, though (but better than Trump). Elsewise, who's your pick? Liz? Frickin Biden?

You okay? :drink:

Online waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: January 02, 2020, 02:48:46 AM »

Why would Bernie not be a good president? Too progressive?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: January 02, 2020, 07:46:23 AM »

Just a little mom and pop firm, nothing to see here. Some posters have done some work with McKinsey clients, so they're good.

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1205902893284347904

:blush:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: January 02, 2020, 08:10:25 AM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/01/bernie-sanders-raised-34point5-million-in-4q-in-2020-democratic-primary.html

$34.5 Million      5 million donors

$24.5 million

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: January 02, 2020, 09:11:34 AM »
RIP to my guy Julian. Hope he makes a better run next time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: January 02, 2020, 09:54:18 AM »

Just a little mom and pop firm, nothing to see here. Some posters have done some work with McKinsey clients, so they're good.

lol, eff context

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: January 02, 2020, 09:56:33 AM »
RIP to my guy Julian. Hope he makes a better run next time.

First one I'm happy to see go. bye bich

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #4211 on: January 02, 2020, 10:07:48 AM »

lol, eff context

I quoted the whole entire post

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: January 02, 2020, 11:00:34 AM »

Why would Bernie not be a good president? Too progressive?

He is too old.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: January 02, 2020, 11:19:48 AM »
The good news is that boomers can't avoid dying in the way they've avoided retiring.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: January 02, 2020, 11:22:09 AM »
we've got two sexy ass moderates left.

Biden: Bad because he's old AF.
Pete: Bad because he's inexperienced AF.
Both are bad because they have no real policy positions imo. Joe is at least strapped to his (some anyway) by his years of positioning himself on the issues.

Of the two I guess I'd lean Pete because I'm basically fine with a cabinet of actual smart people mining data to find the best/most well received policies. I'd probably run on that and not pick a policy position as you go because you should be honest with those voting for you that you may change that position soon depending on how the next twitter poll comes out.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4215 on: January 02, 2020, 11:23:53 AM »
Actually I think Warren is the same but she's chosen a path and is also loosely strapped to it. I like Pete's flexibility. Bernie is not budging from his line and I respect that but won't vote for it because his line sucks.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: January 02, 2020, 11:27:16 AM »
Actually I think Warren is the same but she's chosen a path and is also loosely strapped to it. I like Pete's flexibility. Bernie is not budging from his line and I respect that but won't vote for it because his line sucks.

If Bernie is the candidate I will vote for him because he is still better than Trump.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: January 02, 2020, 11:28:28 AM »

If Bernie is the candidate I will vote for him because he is still better than Trump.

No crap. But I'll also start doing illegal crap with my money.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: January 02, 2020, 11:33:34 AM »
Outside of the UBI business (which has no chance of happening in the next 10 years), Yang is pretty moderate. I know this because that was my #1 match on isidewith, and I’m basically the Dax of moderates on this board.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: January 02, 2020, 11:46:46 AM »
a cabinet of actual smart people 

Elections should be set up in a way where when it gets down to a few, they have to commit to who their team will be.  That would then allow them to be honest about what they don't know crap about but be able to point to who their person is for that stuff.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: January 02, 2020, 01:35:51 PM »

lol, eff context

Pro Publica published that article because of Pete. This message board is 11 years old, the word McKinsey didn't appear until a month ago.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: January 02, 2020, 01:40:01 PM »
Outside of the UBI business (which has no chance of happening in the next 10 years), Yang is pretty moderate. I know this because that was my #1 match on isidewith, and I’m basically the Dax of moderates on this board.

His policy positions on his website and the positions he's taken during debates say otherwise. I don't know how you could possibly be moderate while supporting ubi, kinda informs everything else.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: January 02, 2020, 01:46:00 PM »

His policy positions on his website and the positions he's taken during debates say otherwise. I don't know how you could possibly be moderate while supporting ubi, kinda informs everything else.
Yang’s views are pretty radical, but UBI is the only thing off the top of my head which I would consider as far left. He doesn’t fit neatly on an L to R line
:adios:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: January 02, 2020, 01:46:28 PM »

lol, eff context

Pro Publica published that article because of Pete. This message board is 11 years old, the word McKinsey didn't appear until a month ago.

Well no crap. And you posted the article because you let yourself fall for the same stupid talking point since you already disliked Pete.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: January 02, 2020, 01:54:51 PM »

Yang’s views are pretty radical, but UBI is the only thing off the top of my head which I would consider as far left. He doesn’t fit neatly on an L to R line

Yeah pretty much this. MIR is conflating moderate with conservative. When I use it I’m conflating it more with being independent. Being a moderate/independent doesn’t necessarily mean you are afraid of rocking the boat, it means you don’t buy in too hard on what either of the major parties are selling. If forced to put it on a Left-Right scale I would be a Centrist.

And UBI looks kind of like welfare, which sounds progressive, but if you view it as an alternative to welfare then I think it actually falls closer to the center than most people give it credit for.