Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 541391 times)

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #3675 on: November 18, 2019, 09:33:32 AM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: November 18, 2019, 10:05:36 AM »
Joe saw reefer madness as a child
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: November 18, 2019, 10:58:26 AM »
Not even a moderate position. Just being an old.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: November 18, 2019, 12:00:38 PM »
:lol:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: November 18, 2019, 12:05:30 PM »
I love it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: November 18, 2019, 12:17:06 PM »
Beautiful

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: November 18, 2019, 12:36:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/LizMcLeod/status/1196141121660952576?s=19

Personally, I think "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" would have been a better campaign song from Panic!.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: November 18, 2019, 01:23:18 PM »
If they did that while I was at the Liberty and Justice Dinner, I would have immediately left the section, no bull crap.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: November 18, 2019, 05:48:49 PM »
I'm not a supporter but I don't find the humor in the lack of support from African Americans as funny as you all do. It's the biggest issue within our community that we have all of the power to fix. This dude is an absolute political clone of Barack Obama. I'll remind everyone that Obama didn't favor gay marriage until he was elected.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: November 18, 2019, 05:54:49 PM »
I'm not a supporter but I don't find the humor in the lack of support from African Americans as funny as you all do. It's the biggest issue within our community that we have all of the power to fix. This dude is an absolute political clone of Barack Obama. I'll remind everyone that Obama didn't favor gay marriage until he was elected.
I think the lack of support and sloppy Douglass plan rollout/lying about black supporters is pretty telling and sad but I also found those two tweets side by side to be pretty funny.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: November 18, 2019, 08:02:13 PM »

it's funny because it means he's mumped.  and i don't think it has much to do with homophobia.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: November 18, 2019, 08:55:38 PM »

it's funny because it means he's mumped.  and i don't think it has much to do with homophobia.

Sorry but you're dead wrong. It doesn't have everything to do with his sexual orientation, but it's most of it's silly to suggest otherwise. He's had some missteps, of which most voters have no clue about. His racial blunders have been no where close to as bad as Biden's have been. If you take his policy positions at their face, he is much more progressive on racial issues than any of the other moderates, save booker. Evangelical black people aren't voting for a gay white man from Indiana. Now, I will concede that he likely has poured little to no resources in SC, but at this point that simply can't be an excuse for a 44 point gap. The support there for Biden is infuriating, why not support Booker or even the police? South Carolina voters have always frustrated me, I'll keep that to myself though.

Last rant, I'm going to ask kornacki why he didn't include klobuchar in his tweet. Should pollsters be driving agenda?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: November 18, 2019, 09:00:01 PM »
hmmmm, same as Obama but no support, what could this mean....
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: November 18, 2019, 09:08:30 PM »
Sorry but you're dead wrong. It doesn't have everything to do with his sexual orientation, but it's most of it's silly to suggest otherwise. He's had some missteps, of which most voters have no clue about. His racial blunders have been no where close to as bad as Biden's have been. If you take his policy positions at their face, he is much more progressive on racial issues than any of the other moderates, save booker. Evangelical black people aren't voting for a gay white man from Indiana. Now, I will concede that he likely has poured little to no resources in SC, but at this point that simply can't be an excuse for a 44 point gap. The support there for Biden is infuriating, why not support Booker or even the police? South Carolina voters have always frustrated me, I'll keep that to myself though.

Last rant, I'm going to ask kornacki why he didn't include klobuchar in his tweet. Should pollsters be driving agenda?

yeah, that's completely ridiculous.

klobuchar wasn't included because she got a 0% w black voters but it wasn't funny enough that she got a zero for kornacki to bother typing her out.  no doubt her zero was due to the rampant misogyny of black voters.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: November 18, 2019, 09:18:05 PM »
South Carolina dem primary voters are old as crap and they also love Obama that explains why they like biden. everyone else is 34+ points behind so to act as though homophobia is some sort of major salient issue here is bizarre.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: November 18, 2019, 11:17:59 PM »
The homophobia doesn't account for him getting his ass kicked, it certainly does for the zero. I'm a little frustrated by having to defend this to people that haven't given a second thought to homophobia in African American communities before two weeks ago. This has been a serious problem in our community for 50 years, to think it doesn't effect the first gay presidential candidate is obtuse. You guys are acting like someone told you that Buttigieg is the first gay dude not accepted by black people. Either you're telling me that homophobia isn't an issue for evangelical African Americans or you're telling me that it is but for some reason it isn't a factor for the ultimate litmus test.

Rep. Jim Clyburn, the veteran African American congressman from South Carolina who serves as House majority whip, told CNN recently that there was no question that support for an openly gay candidate was a “generational” issue for older African American voters and would affect Buttigieg’s popularity in the state.

Is he wrong too? I know what sys' agenda is here, having a harder time with you though kk.

I'm frustrated that white people are allowing old churchy South Carolina black folk to speak for all of us. They did this crap with Bernie for years ago. I ultimately think Pete will get better numbers when he gets away from the all his eggs in the Iowa basket philosophy, and more voters get to know him. I think the media narrative can have a harsh effect though, it certainly did for Bernie in 2016 and he was never able to shake it. A man who marched with Dr. King never got out of the teens against Mrs. Bring Them to Heel, Mrs. Hot Sauce in my purse, that was because of the early narrative against Bernie that he was never able to recover from. Now we're taking these shitty SC numbers for more than what they really are because white people can't say what this really is and when we say it we're told we don't know what we're talking about.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: November 19, 2019, 06:02:54 AM »
Will black people vote Pete over Trump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: November 19, 2019, 07:36:06 AM »
That pete'n for you tweet was so good though

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: November 19, 2019, 07:38:13 AM »
It was incredibly good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: November 19, 2019, 10:55:36 AM »
The homophobia doesn't account for him getting his ass kicked, it certainly does for the zero.

complete bullshit.

there were like 7 or 8 candidates that got zeros with sc black voters and another handful with 1s and 2s, almost all of whom have more experience in government, more impressive resumes and have demonstrated more interest in speaking with black voters than buttigieg.  you don't have to look for anything extraneous beyond the fact that the voters preferred other candidates to explain those numbers.  buttigieg is a mayor of a small town with no relevant experience, a miserable record of governance in his own town and no history of engaging black voters much less black voters in south carolina.  he's polling at about 8% nationally, up in the last couple of weeks from about 5% where he was at since june or so.  the anomaly isn't that he's polling at 0% with black voters in sc, it's that he's suddenly polling at 20+% in iowa.

your notion also makes no sense statistically.  homophobia is slightly more prevalent among black americans than white americans (almost entirely a function of black americans being more religious) and significantly more prevalent among black democrats than white democrats (a function of white americans with more homophobic attitudes being more likely to be republicans than is the case among black americans), but that doesn't mean that every last black voter in south carolina is homophobic.  i haven't seen data on black voters in sc specifically, but i just saw a survey that said 31% of natl democrats said, all things being equal, they'd be less likely to vote for a homosexual candidate (not wouldn't vote for, just less likely).  even if you double that for sc black voters, a number which assuredly is too high, that's 60% that might be some degree more reluctant to vote for buttigieg than other candidates due to negative attitudes re. homosexuals.  buttigieg got 0% of the other 40% too.

like, if i had access to that dataset and did a statistical test to determine if attitudes towards homosexuals explained any variation between the likelihood of voting for buttigieg among black voters in sc, the result would be that it doesn't, because there is no variation among black south carolina voters in likelihood of voting for buttigieg.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 10:59:39 AM by sys »

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: November 19, 2019, 06:37:17 PM »
How do we account for the white man that's policy is indiscernible from Obamas getting zero black support in South Carolina after having ruled out homophobia
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: November 19, 2019, 08:05:24 PM »
The homophobia doesn't account for him getting his ass kicked, it certainly does for the zero. I'm a little frustrated by having to defend this to people that haven't given a second thought to homophobia in African American communities before two weeks ago. This has been a serious problem in our community for 50 years, to think it doesn't effect the first gay presidential candidate is obtuse. You guys are acting like someone told you that Buttigieg is the first gay dude not accepted by black people. Either you're telling me that homophobia isn't an issue for evangelical African Americans or you're telling me that it is but for some reason it isn't a factor for the ultimate litmus test.

Rep. Jim Clyburn, the veteran African American congressman from South Carolina who serves as House majority whip, told CNN recently that there was no question that support for an openly gay candidate was a “generational” issue for older African American voters and would affect Buttigieg’s popularity in the state.

Is he wrong too? I know what sys' agenda is here, having a harder time with you though kk.

I'm frustrated that white people are allowing old churchy South Carolina black folk to speak for all of us. They did this crap with Bernie for years ago. I ultimately think Pete will get better numbers when he gets away from the all his eggs in the Iowa basket philosophy, and more voters get to know him. I think the media narrative can have a harsh effect though, it certainly did for Bernie in 2016 and he was never able to shake it. A man who marched with Dr. King never got out of the teens against Mrs. Bring Them to Heel, Mrs. Hot Sauce in my purse, that was because of the early narrative against Bernie that he was never able to recover from. Now we're taking these shitty SC numbers for more than what they really are because white people can't say what this really is and when we say it we're told we don't know what we're talking about.

It definitely did suck that South Carolina didn't like Bernie. I don't know how you can look at Biden whipping everyone's ass in South Carolina and say that this is because Buttigieg is gay.

You were definitely right about Pete having more support in Iowa than I would've thought.

Anyway, there is zero chance Pete is winning the nomination and it has nothing to do with black people liking or not liking gay people.