Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 545315 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #3550 on: November 04, 2019, 08:06:54 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: November 04, 2019, 08:10:21 AM »
The gay Democratic mayor from South Bend, IN:  Just too conservative for LibBot Nation  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: November 04, 2019, 08:29:52 AM »
Good to remember that only around 6 states matter at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And those mong states are biden/trump fans. Insane
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: November 04, 2019, 11:02:34 AM »
wonder how pete would've faired

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: November 04, 2019, 11:04:29 AM »
also, half of those states are big10 states and pete's a hoosier. that can't hurt.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: November 04, 2019, 11:39:48 AM »
I didn't realize Arizona and North Carolina were closer than Ohio

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: November 04, 2019, 12:09:54 PM »
Sorry, that answer makes no sense at all. If policy positions doesn't matter to you why have you spent six months convincing us that Beto was on the right side of every issue we've discussed? You were literally advocating for an unspectacular white man in an ill fitting suit. Was there something about his personality that was so unique from everyone else? Booker, Klokuchar, and Harris have polled along side of or ahead of Beto literally the entire race, why wait to jump on, their candidacies are just as hopeless as Beto's was. You cared so little about what he stood for that you seemingly won't vote for who he's inevitably going to endorse. What was the point of all of this?

This is more combative than I'm intending it to, it's confounding to me, I don't get it to the point of frustration.

i'll try to unpack (but not in the order you posed the questions or identified what you view as inconsistencies).

1.  i don't think beto will endorse anyone in the primary.  it would surprise me greatly if he did.
2.  i didn't agree with all of beto's policies.  i also don't think the differences between most of his policies and those of most other candidates are all that great, in general there is widespread consensus on policy between the candidates.
3.  i don't think i spent the last six months arguing for beto's policies here.  in fact, after you convinced me, probably in late april or may or so, that arguing for him was at best futile, at worst counterproductive, i think i've done very little of that.
4.  i did very much agree with his policy priorities, at least as i saw them.  that was somewhat less true after the el paso massacre when gun violence became a higher priority to him than it had been previously, but by then i was already completely bought in and he still was more focused on areas of concern to me than other candidates, so it didn't really matter.
5.  yes, of course, i found him to be unique in terms of personality.  honestly, that undersells it significantly.

6.  re. my voting choice and my rooting choice.  i tried to express in my last answer that if any one of the candidates that i perceive as more moderate than sanders/warren and that isn't buttigieg is in a position that my vote might conceivably matter to their chances of winning, i would probably vote for them.  i didn't mention biden among them, but i should have since he seems right now to be the most likely to be in that position.  if not, and my vote is purely expressive, i'll probably still vote for beto.

who i hope will win is a different question, beto has been eliminated from that consideration because while it is still possible for me to vote for him, it is not possible for him to win.  right now, i don't know if any of the non-biden moderates will emerge to have a chance at winning.  in my original response to michigancat, i mentioned biden and harris, i mentioned those two chiefly because they seemed to me to be the two with the best chances of winning (since then polling has not been kind to harris, but i haven't really thought about it enough to form an opinion about if her chances have deteriorated such to force her from 2nd on that list), not because i find them significantly better than say booker or klobuchar.  i haven't really cared enough about any of them to put any thought into which of them i like or dislike minutely more than the others.  as i said originally, compared to beto, they're all crap.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: November 04, 2019, 12:11:43 PM »
wonder how pete would've faired

worse than warren, but with many more undecided.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: November 04, 2019, 12:28:37 PM »
As long as we have almost statistical full employment, record low unemployment (or employment, depending on how you want to look at it) for blacks, Asians, latinos and almost any other minority, inflation remains low, wages keep increasing and we're not engaged in and in-fact have disengaged from the endless "wars", the Democrats don't stand a chance in Hell of winning. Particularly on a platform that wants an incredibly huge takeover of the private sector by the Federal Government.

Once the GOP starts hammering at what the Dems "Medicare for All" will actually cost to the average American, given that most, if not all of the above remains true and if the Democrats in Congress persist in the nonsensical impeachment process, they'll not only lose the WH but Congress as well.

For a long time to come as well. It'd be damn good riddance to.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: November 04, 2019, 04:12:09 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: November 04, 2019, 04:26:41 PM »
:lol:

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: November 04, 2019, 04:27:08 PM »
OMG.....
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: November 04, 2019, 04:48:22 PM »
 :D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: November 04, 2019, 04:53:46 PM »
Sorry, that answer makes no sense at all. If policy positions doesn't matter to you why have you spent six months convincing us that Beto was on the right side of every issue we've discussed? You were literally advocating for an unspectacular white man in an ill fitting suit. Was there something about his personality that was so unique from everyone else? Booker, Klokuchar, and Harris have polled along side of or ahead of Beto literally the entire race, why wait to jump on, their candidacies are just as hopeless as Beto's was. You cared so little about what he stood for that you seemingly won't vote for who he's inevitably going to endorse. What was the point of all of this?

This is more combative than I'm intending it to, it's confounding to me, I don't get it to the point of frustration.

i'll try to unpack (but not in the order you posed the questions or identified what you view as inconsistencies).

1.  i don't think beto will endorse anyone in the primary.  it would surprise me greatly if he did.
2.  i didn't agree with all of beto's policies.  i also don't think the differences between most of his policies and those of most other candidates are all that great, in general there is widespread consensus on policy between the candidates.
3.  i don't think i spent the last six months arguing for beto's policies here.  in fact, after you convinced me, probably in late april or may or so, that arguing for him was at best futile, at worst counterproductive, i think i've done very little of that.
4.  i did very much agree with his policy priorities, at least as i saw them.  that was somewhat less true after the el paso massacre when gun violence became a higher priority to him than it had been previously, but by then i was already completely bought in and he still was more focused on areas of concern to me than other candidates, so it didn't really matter.
5.  yes, of course, i found him to be unique in terms of personality.  honestly, that undersells it significantly.

6.  re. my voting choice and my rooting choice.  i tried to express in my last answer that if any one of the candidates that i perceive as more moderate than sanders/warren and that isn't buttigieg is in a position that my vote might conceivably matter to their chances of winning, i would probably vote for them.  i didn't mention biden among them, but i should have since he seems right now to be the most likely to be in that position.  if not, and my vote is purely expressive, i'll probably still vote for beto.

who i hope will win is a different question, beto has been eliminated from that consideration because while it is still possible for me to vote for him, it is not possible for him to win.  right now, i don't know if any of the non-biden moderates will emerge to have a chance at winning.  in my original response to michigancat, i mentioned biden and harris, i mentioned those two chiefly because they seemed to me to be the two with the best chances of winning (since then polling has not been kind to harris, but i haven't really thought about it enough to form an opinion about if her chances have deteriorated such to force her from 2nd on that list), not because i find them significantly better than say booker or klobuchar.  i haven't really cared enough about any of them to put any thought into which of them i like or dislike minutely more than the others.  as i said originally, compared to beto, they're all crap.

Thanks sys, I respect your answer. Two things.
1. You mentioned a bit of a disconnect with Beto after the El Paso shooting. Did you disagree with his forced buyback plan?
2. Is your issue with Pete that he's a candidate made in a lab?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: November 04, 2019, 05:12:25 PM »
As long as we have almost statistical full employment, record low unemployment (or employment, depending on how you want to look at it) for blacks, Asians, latinos and almost any other minority, inflation remains low, wages keep increasing and we're not engaged in and in-fact have disengaged from the endless "wars", the Democrats don't stand a chance in Hell of winning. Particularly on a platform that wants an incredibly huge takeover of the private sector by the Federal Government.

Once the GOP starts hammering at what the Dems "Medicare for All" will actually cost to the average American, given that most, if not all of the above remains true and if the Democrats in Congress persist in the nonsensical impeachment process, they'll not only lose the WH but Congress as well.

For a long time to come as well. It'd be damn good riddance to.

Why does MAGA always talk about black and latinx unemployment as if there has been any specific policy from this administration that led to the rate. They've been bragging about this since April of 2017. Also wtf is with "low wages keep increasing?" The Trump administration and supporters have actively worked to keep federal minimum wage at $7.25, the longest we've gone without a hike in American history and one of the smallest out of all of the countries with a developed economy. Finally what endless war did this administration get us out of?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: November 04, 2019, 05:14:55 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: November 04, 2019, 06:23:29 PM »
Thanks sys, I respect your answer. Two things.
1. You mentioned a bit of a disconnect with Beto after the El Paso shooting. Did you disagree with his forced buyback plan?
2. Is your issue with Pete that he's a candidate made in a lab?

no, i'm fine with mandatory buybacks as policy, it just isn't an issue that is very high on my list of priorities.  the process by which he determined to pursue it and the way in which he argued for it demonstrated many of the things that i liked about beto, so i liked it as a showcase for beto, but as pure policy i don't really care one way or the other.

yes.  i think he is a narcissist with no core convictions other than personal ambition.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: November 04, 2019, 08:56:58 PM »
I don't know about that, she goes on in the replies to acknowledge some flaws in the data, which I really appreciate, but thanks for bringing this person into my conscious. This tweet is wild

https://twitter.com/RachelBitecofer/status/1191520378625122305

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: November 04, 2019, 09:31:39 PM »
yeah, she's a good follow.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: November 06, 2019, 11:00:21 AM »