Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 545000 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #3525 on: November 01, 2019, 11:50:25 PM »
President Pete has had this thing in the bag since the last dem debate

It felt like a movement in that arena. I saw a lot of very impressive things from the campaign tonight. I wonder what their ground game looks like in NH & SC.

The Bernie thing is completely perplexing because they had a huge rally before the event right outside of the convention center where most of the candidates were. I didn't see anything or anyone for Joe. Night night.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: November 02, 2019, 12:10:07 AM »
hadn't watched it until now.  apropos that the stream cuts off before the end.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: November 02, 2019, 01:31:50 AM »

The Bernie thing is completely perplexing because they had a huge rally before the event right outside of the convention center where most of the candidates were. I didn't see anything or anyone for Joe. Night night.

https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1190497993004388353

:dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: November 02, 2019, 02:49:20 AM »

https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1190497993004388353

:dunno:

Right on all accounts. If he sat with the media he'd have a better sense of who was louder. Appreciate the Sanders explanation, makes no sense why his campaign chose not to pay for the tickets though, that's some real broke boy crap. This is not an explanation for Joe though, their people just didn't show up. That huge section I showed all had Biden signs and party favors on that they had to pick up right before the event started.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: November 02, 2019, 02:54:01 AM »
In all of the ruckus of the day, Liz released the financial details of her medicaid for all plan. And guess what? No middle class taxes in the plan! She pulled the damn thing off!

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/01/775339519/heres-how-warren-finds-20-5-trillion-to-pay-for-medicare-for-all

A letter from economists supporting the plan, provided by Warren's team, argued that these payment rates would work in part because doctors and hospitals would save substantially on administrative costs. Warren's team also says there would be ways to ensure that vulnerable hospitals, like those in rural areas, would get paid more, so they could stay in business.

This plan goes further: Middle-class Americans would no longer pay health premiums or copays and would also not pay new taxes to replace those costs. They would, however, pay taxes on whatever additional take-home pay they would receive from this plan. That would add $1.4 trillion in revenue, her team estimates.

This is a departure from Bernie Sanders' ideas about how to fund Medicare for All. One of his options is a 4% tax on families earning more than $29,000. At the Democrats' October debate, he explained that taxes would go up for many Americans under his plan.

There are numbers in this plan that can absolutely be questioned but the same can be said for every large scale plan ever.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: November 02, 2019, 05:07:28 AM »
BotEdgeEdge / Yang 2020!
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: November 02, 2019, 07:22:00 AM »

Pete- Dynamic speaker, had the entire audience in the palm of his hand, even got the Yang Gang to behave. I said it before but he's going to win this caucus and if he can make any headway, at all, with my brothas and sistas, he's going to win the whole damn thing. He speaks to everyone and he's going to pull progressives, he already has.

Re-Posting for MIR
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: November 02, 2019, 12:17:28 PM »
Pete might not win this round, but from the first time I was exposed to him I knew that he would eventually be president. It was like seeing Obama for the first time at the '04 convention, he just connects with people.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: November 02, 2019, 12:22:21 PM »
Pete might not win this round, but from the first time I was exposed to him I knew that he would eventually be president. It was like seeing Obama for the first time at the '04 convention, he just connects with people.
He is a pro, for sure. Never gets rattled.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: November 02, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »

plus he's kind of a phony like Obama!

:Pirate:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: November 02, 2019, 12:24:57 PM »
 :D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: November 02, 2019, 12:36:43 PM »
Mayo Pete has the mild flavors I crave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: November 02, 2019, 02:10:48 PM »
Black guy out of the way, so now America will go gay guy. 20 years down the road America might finally be ready to elect a female president. We definitely aren’t there yet. I hope he’s just going middle of the road until he wins the presidency and then is all psych and oh btw this is my hubs and you are going to be seeing a lot of him the next 8 years.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 02:23:06 PM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: November 02, 2019, 11:23:24 PM »
Please please nominate Mayor Pete.  Trump would get 50% of the black vote.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: November 03, 2019, 01:07:19 PM »
with the caveat that the rcp average is garbage and 538 needs to hurry up and release their average.

https://twitter.com/billscher/status/1191054379589214209
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3540 on: November 03, 2019, 01:56:02 PM »
with the caveat that the rcp average is garbage and 538 needs to hurry up and release their average.

Sys who are you hitching your wagon to now

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: November 03, 2019, 02:11:21 PM »
outside of beto, they're all crap.

i'll probably still vote for beto.  of those that i think still have a chance, i'd probably be happier if biden or harris won than anyone else.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: November 03, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »
These guys or teams you root for always seem to lose or fail.  Maybe you should root for Trump?
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: November 03, 2019, 09:16:52 PM »
Please please nominate Mayor Pete.  Trump would get 50% of the black vote.

The thing with these MAGAs is they think we're rough ridin' stupid. This dude really thinks that black people that hate the gays "as if there aren't 10x as many crackers who hate gay people," are going to vote for a supremacist instead. The black people who don't like Pete will do the same thing the as black people who didn't like Hillary, stay the eff home. Although I guarantee you whomever the Democratic is will get more black votes that Hillary did.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: November 03, 2019, 09:18:03 PM »

LOL

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: November 03, 2019, 09:38:08 PM »
outside of beto, they're all crap.

i'll probably still vote for beto.  of those that i think still have a chance, i'd probably be happier if biden or harris won than anyone else.

Your vote doesn't matter for jack crap so it isn't a big deal at all, but holy eff is this dumb. I mean voting for Beto is fine, I voted for Jill Stein, twice so I'm not going to crap in your kitchen. However, Joe Biden as a fall back? Do you believe in any political stance that Beto took? Does Biden and Beto have a shared vision on any expressed stance? Are you just trolling? Please make sense of this, because I don't get it at all.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: November 03, 2019, 09:47:45 PM »
Joe Biden as a fall back? Do you believe in any political stance that Beto took? Does Biden and Beto have a shared vision on any expressed stance? Are you just trolling? Please make sense of this, because I don't get it at all.

i despise warren, i detest buttigieg.  sanders i don't personally dislike, but i think his ideology and diagnosis of american societal ills are very wrong.

if klobuchar or booker or harris or someone jumps up to a point where my vote might conceivably matter in helping them defeat any of the above, i'll probably vote for them.  if things continue along current trajectories, i'll vote for beto and hope biden wins because he's not warren, buttigieg or sanders.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: November 04, 2019, 03:07:08 AM »
Sorry, that answer makes no sense at all. If policy positions doesn't matter to you why have you spent six months convincing us that Beto was on the right side of every issue we've discussed? You were literally advocating for an unspectacular white man in an ill fitting suit. Was there something about his personality that was so unique from everyone else? Booker, Klokuchar, and Harris have polled along side of or ahead of Beto literally the entire race, why wait to jump on, their candidacies are just as hopeless as Beto's was. You cared so little about what he stood for that you seemingly won't vote for who he's inevitably going to endorse. What was the point of all of this?

This is more combative than I'm intending it to, it's confounding to me, I don't get it to the point of frustration.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: November 04, 2019, 06:40:53 AM »