Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 547332 times)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #3500 on: November 01, 2019, 07:14:05 PM »
:lol: at Biden/Booti  ticket, no black support for either which is probably why Booti's people invited MIR to sit with them.

There are a larger percentage of black people in this section than black people in Iowa. I was surprised too.

The Yang Gang are acting the damn fool. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire section gets thrown out. The speakers to this point, Iowa Democratic Party employees, have been boring as hell, but they keep interrupting. One dude just yelled "we don't give a damn!"

I think a detailed description of how you were selected to be  invited is in order.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: November 01, 2019, 07:44:29 PM »
Has their been any mention of corn pop?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: November 01, 2019, 08:11:39 PM »
:lol: at Biden/Booti  ticket, no black support for either which is probably why Booti's people invited MIR to sit with them.

There are a larger percentage of black people in this section than black people in Iowa. I was surprised too.

The Yang Gang are acting the damn fool. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire section gets thrown out. The speakers to this point, Iowa Democratic Party employees, have been boring as hell, but they keep interrupting. One dude just yelled "we don't give a damn!"

I think a detailed description of how you were selected to be  invited is in order.

They didn't know I am black. I liked all of the leading candidates on Facebook. There were several rallies in downtown Des Moines before this event and I listed that I would visit Pete's, Beto's, Bernie's, and Cory's rallies. Pete's campaign sent me roughly a billion emails and texts asking me to reserve a ticket, I got nothing from the other candidates. His ground game here is insane and I'm almost 100% sure that he's going to win the caucus.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: November 01, 2019, 08:12:51 PM »
Has their been any mention of corn pop?

LOL, he just finished & no, he didn't mention corn pop. RIP

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: November 01, 2019, 08:17:46 PM »

They didn't know I am black. I liked all of the leading candidates on Facebook. There were several rallies in downtown Des Moines before this event and I listed that I would visit Pete's, Beto's, Bernie's, and Cory's rallies. Pete's campaign sent me roughly a billion emails and texts asking me to reserve a ticket, I got nothing from the other candidates. His ground game here is insane and I'm almost 100% sure that he's going to win the caucus.

So they marketed to you based solely off facebook interaction?  or something else you filled out, you mentioned they have your email and phone # ?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: November 01, 2019, 09:04:50 PM »
gato, who's your favorite 2020 dem candidate? I would have guessed Beto but he's gone.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: November 01, 2019, 09:41:19 PM »
15k whackjobs in Iowa.  Surprising . . . no, expected.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: November 01, 2019, 09:43:03 PM »
gato, who's your favorite 2020 dem candidate? I would have guessed Beto but he's gone.

nope, Booti

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: November 01, 2019, 09:43:07 PM »
Hell yeah BotEdgeEdge
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: November 01, 2019, 09:43:39 PM »

So they marketed to you based solely off facebook interaction?  or something else you filled out, you mentioned they have your email and phone # ?

That's it. When you commit attend one of these events, of course they have you fill out a form with your contact info. I'm pretty sure they all use the same database, Act Blue.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: November 01, 2019, 09:44:41 PM »

Your stupid ass would think there's only 15,000 Democratic voters in any given state.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: November 01, 2019, 09:46:12 PM »

Your stupid ass would think there's only 15,000 Democratic voters in any given state.

In the arena dumbass. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: November 01, 2019, 09:49:33 PM »
For some dumb rough ridin' reason the Iowa Democratic Party thought it would be a good idea to trot out more Iowa Democratic speakers, three hours after we've got into this damn thing. At least half of the crowd has left in the 20 minutes these people have started talking. If I were a candidate or a supporter of one of the candidates yet to speak, I'd be furious. I planned on doing this at the end but now we'll call it a halftime report instead.

Here's the summary to this point:

So here is my summary of the speakers in order of appearance, it was a random draw I'm writing as I listen:

Pete- Dynamic speaker, had the entire audience in the palm of his hand, even got the Yang Gang to behave. I said it before but he's going to win this caucus and if he can make any headway, at all, with my brothas and sistas, he's going to win the whole damn thing. He speaks to everyone and he's going to pull progressives, he already has.

Biden- Oof. He tried man, he tried. He ran out instead of walked, but then it fell apart. His message was flat and unoriginal. He said "I'll beat him like a drum" three times in 10 minutes. His little supporter group gave him nothing, but he also didn't give them any reason to. The wtf are you doing Joe moment of the speech was when he said "hi sweetheart" to someone who wasn't his wife. He did this in the middle of a sorry about a girl with cancer who got kicked off of her insurance. He's a dead candidate walking.

Yang- Came out to "Return of the Mack." This was my first time  hearing him away from the debates and now see why the Yang Gang loves him so much. He did a great job explaining the dividend and putting it in historical context. He also spoke coherently on other topics as well. The Yang Gang was on fire, but everyone else seemed to really like him too. This is where I'll apologize for calling him a clown and all of his supporters internet trolls and incels. He's great and belongs in the cabinet.

Liz-Her sleepy ass supporters have finally woken up. She talked about how she is the candidate of "big ideas." Told a story about the forming of the CFPB to illustrate that she can and will take on the establishment by making big, substantive changes. It was a solid, but unspectacular speech. Lots of positive, polite applause from everyone here. She was the only person, to this point, not to reference the cheeto. She sounded like the front-runner, I'm not sure that's a good thing for her, we'll see.

Kamala-She came out and her thousands of supporters had a huge "Justice for the People" sign, ironic. She said "I was a prosecutor and I've only had one client, the people."  :ROFL: She's a very high energy speaker, she hit a lot of policy positions because she is so fast and energetic. Lots of Trump talk too. Her supporters did a much better job than Pete's people of giving her space. She was the first candidate that endorsed and said the phrase "medicaid for all." Then she parsed it by saying that people could keep their plan, it's Pete's medicaid for most. She finished by shouting out Beto's buyback plan, said it was courageous, did not back it though.

Tom Steyer- This was clearly not an "elect me" speech. He wants the candidates and the voters to hear his ideas. He really hammered three ideals. 1. Impeach Trump 2. Environmental Reform 3. Term Limits/Election Reform. Left nearly two minutes of his time.

Bernie-Literally no supporter section, it was odd. Even Beto and Steve Bullock have people here. Also the only candidate with notes and a lectern. Not really much to say here, he just rapidly reaffirmed all of his major policy positions. He also gave a shout out to Beto for his gun policy position. Look for everyone to hit Pete hard on this at the next debate. If they're supporting Beto, it seems they're at odds with Pete.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: November 01, 2019, 09:50:03 PM »

In the arena dumbass.

You're so rough ridin' corny

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: November 01, 2019, 09:50:21 PM »

That's it. When you commit attend one of these events, of course they have you fill out a form with your contact info. I'm pretty sure they all use the same database, Act Blue.

So you don't think they knew you were black from your facebook profile?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: November 01, 2019, 09:57:29 PM »

In the arena dumbass.

You're so rough ridin' corny

Yeah, just 15k Libs in pseudo intellectual corn country.  FFS

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: November 01, 2019, 10:13:04 PM »
Incred report MIR, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: November 01, 2019, 10:24:36 PM »

Do you know how Facebook works?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: November 01, 2019, 10:40:10 PM »

Do you know how Facebook works?

I've never had an account (serious) cuz Russians (kidding) but I have seen profiles and they usually have pictures.  You said Booti didn't know you were black when he invited you, but you also said you interacted with the campaign on facebook.  So how do we know Booti didn't seek out every black person it could to personally invite to the event and sit in their section to give the appearance that they have large black support ? 

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: November 01, 2019, 10:58:13 PM »
Return of the mack  :D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: November 01, 2019, 11:22:33 PM »
Goddamnit Beto, I'm supposed to see this dude speak tonight.

i wish he'd have given his speech anyways.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: November 01, 2019, 11:23:41 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: November 01, 2019, 11:25:08 PM »
President Pete has had this thing in the bag since the last dem debate

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: November 01, 2019, 11:36:33 PM »
Bennett- First speaker after that insanely awful, boring, way too long "halftime." Poor bastard. There is no energy in this building. His voice is terrible, sounds like Beavis as a boomer. He is machine gunning policies. Nothing mind bending, also endorses medicare for most, has some kind of other phrase for it. Says he can have his plan in place in three years. First candidate to openly oppose Citizens United. Blah blah blah. The real question is will my battery survive.

Julian- Awesome name, totally forgot about him. So it's obvious these speakers are in "get to know me" mode, they're all just stuffing as many ideas as they can into 10 minutes. It's very hard to distinguish the people at the end of this. How did Klo and Booker end up on this gong show but Steyer was in the first half? Anyway, Castro has talked about immigration more than anyone else, but hasn't even thought about expressing anything close to a plan.

Klobuchar- God, something to break the monotony. Comes out with a Palin joke, pretty corny but I'll give her an A for her effort. She is laser focused on her supporters, hasn't spoken a word of policy and that's actually kind of refreshing. She's energizing her base. She is talking a ton about women and Trump. Talking about the march(es) the day after the inauguration and how they led to over 6000 women running for office. Every sentence is either women... or trump... She's wrapping up with policy & it's stuff that hasn't been mentioned by anyone else; rural broadband, minimum wage increase, something about the VA that I missed typing this. She was all style, very little substance, but that was perfect for this moment, 4 hours in this bitch. She had the Warren supporters as loud as they've been all night. Pains me to say it but she was great.

Booker-Even less policy than Klo. She went with fire, he went with inspiration. His speech was about a man he was close to who died and they greeted with each other with "I see you" and their last words to each other was "I love you." He is hell bent on making sure the party stays united, yep, he wants to be there vice president, he'd be a good choice too, especially for any of the three front runners (bot, liz, bern). He gave a shout out to ADoS, said he'd be the first descendant of slaves in the white house. Only candidate to get a standing ovation from all of the other supporters.

Also props to his and Klo's supporters for hanging in so long, they brought it.

John Delaney & Steve Bullock- I'm sorry, I can't  :blank: props to the small Bullock section though for having signs and shirts that say "Give Trump The Boot" and having foam fingers that are boots instead of #1 fingers. I don't think they thought that one out, doesn't help that they're seated next to Boot Edge Edge's huge sections.

Five rough ridin' hours, woof

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: November 01, 2019, 11:40:37 PM »
Goddamnit Beto, I'm supposed to see this dude speak tonight.

i wish he'd have given his speech anyways.

I'm sure you've seen this. I didn't know that he did this. Worth noting that several of his supporters stayed outside in the rain after this. Good man, and I'm gutted for his people. Chair of the Iowa Democrats got choked up when mentioning him tonight.

https://twitter.com/BetoORourke/status/1190397524768677893