Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 540925 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #2975 on: September 18, 2019, 08:58:01 AM »
Dax, speaking as your bud, nobody here believes that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: September 18, 2019, 09:15:08 AM »
As I've always said, you've mistaken by contrarianism as being in support of everything Trump does, which is wrong. 

Again, Hillary Clinton, Bread Line Bernie, ChiCom Joe, Liz Warren, Pete, Piss Pants BetoDork and the rest, come on guys, you think Trump is is a joke.   Those are lifetime politicians and political hacks, of which several are probably more corrupt on a political level then Don Trump ever dreamed of being, literally using their former offices in the executive branch to make themselves the richest lifetime politicians in modern American history.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: September 18, 2019, 09:16:06 AM »
"just kidding"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: September 18, 2019, 09:20:43 AM »
"just kidding"

Not the least bit surprising that the LibBot misunderstands the context.

LibBot Core Temps:  High Nominal

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: September 18, 2019, 09:23:07 AM »
Dax, at McDonalds counter: I'll get a salad instead of a Big Mac if you have a salad that tastes better than a Big Mac to me. No? Okay, Big Mac it is!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: September 18, 2019, 09:23:55 AM »
Dax, at McDonalds counter: I'll get a salad instead of a Big Mac if you have a salad that tastes better than a Big Mac to me. No? Okay, Big Mac it is!

I don't eat at McDonald's.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: September 18, 2019, 10:07:21 AM »
:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: September 19, 2019, 01:05:07 AM »
Also, I still can’t get over how MIR thinks Pete is worth supporting. He is the most cynical guy up there. An absolute serial killer.

Also—- https://tyt.com/stories/4vZLCHuQrYE4uKagy0oyMA/22kkCiHxZkbeKfsQZwkvIm

Thanks for this. First of all, I didn't post about it but I pushed Pete down with Klo, Yang, and Biden into my, absolutely no way in hell pile. It was due to his response to Beto's comment about AKs and ARs. His quote was this.
"We have agreement among the American people for not just universal background checks, but we have a majority in favor of red flag laws, high-capacity magazines, banning the new sale of assault weapons," Buttigieg said. "This is a golden moment to finally do something."

"When even this president and even Mitch McConnell are at least pretending to be open to reforms, we know that we have a moment on our hands. Let's make the most of it, and get these things done," Buttigieg continued.

Have some balls man. Stop acting like you're going to get any support from congressional republicans. This is the same thinking that had Obama completely waste the first two years of his presidency when he had both the house and the senate.

As far as the TYT article goes, it seems to me that he had plenty room for plausible deniability, but the fact that he continues to not take this on makes me that he doesn't have said plausible deniability. I feel like this could eventually become disqualifying if he does decently in Iowa or New Hampshire, but if he stays on the fringes I don't think the democrats will use it to draw unnecessary blood.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: September 19, 2019, 01:30:48 AM »
I guess I should ask, in the face of negative press regarding (non-opioid) pharmaceutical companies, are there any arguments or angles that you find persuasive? Any aspects in which you're at all inclined to sympathize with their interests? Any inclination at all to see things from their point of view rather than viewing them as greedy profitmongers?

there sure haven't been any arguments presented in this thread that counter what Bernie said here:

Sanders asserted that he disagreed with Biden, saying the companies are "greedy, corrupt and engaged in price fixing," in a statement obtained by The Hill.

"At a time when their behavior is literally killing people every day, America needs a president who isn't going to appease and compliment drug companies - we need a president who will take on the pharmaceutical industry - whether they like it or not. When we defeat Donald Trump, that's exactly what we are going to do," the statement said.

How about this?

"Their behavior - developing new medicine - is literally saving people's lives every day.  America needs a president that will work to implement laws and regulations that will allow for these pharmaceutical industry members to be properly compensated and rewarded for their tremendous contributions while allowing such contributions to be accessible by all in need."

No one replied to this so I will. I'd like to know where that quote came from and whether or not the person said it in reply to Bernie's quote. It isn't a rebuttal at all, in fact it looks to me that they're saying the exact same thing, there needs to be price controls in place. My issue with the position that spracs seemed to take is that you can't have price controls, allow pharma to do their r&d, and have a nice profit, without price controls. There are 5 American pharmaceuticals on list of the world's 100 richest public companies. Revenues from all pharmaceuticals are rising 5.5 times greater than research costs.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: September 19, 2019, 01:35:21 AM »
As a charter member of the "I wish Trump wouldn't run in 2020" aka Haley 2020, I have to say that that once again the Dems are offering up one of the least inspiring and unimpressive list of potential candidates from a party that self proclaims itself to be the party for "smart people" that I have ever seen.

You let the Clinton's buy the party in 2016, and now you're rolling out piss pants BetoDork, Can't even run South Bend Indiana Pete, Bread Line Bernie,  Tulsi Gabbard who is on some weird bent about Trump attacking Iran when the President has pretty much said he really doesn't want to attack Iran . . . but admittedly he still might, we'll see.   Liz Warren who is the essential definition of a super Lib grandma who records Rachel Maddow on on her DVR when she can't watch live . . .

SMDH, sad.

At one point there were 24 democratic candidates for president, you didn't choice a syllable of support for any of them, nor have you Bill Weld. We see right through you and you lie as well as the cheeto you're going to vote for.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: September 19, 2019, 09:55:08 AM »
What is it about Trump that made D candidates quit trying to seem normal ?
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: September 19, 2019, 10:05:45 AM »
I'd like to know where that quote came from and whether or not the person said it in reply to Bernie's quote. It isn't a rebuttal at all, in fact it looks to me that they're saying the exact same thing, there needs to be price controls in place.

I made it up, tweaking the Bernie quote that Rusty posted, to sort of take on spracne's posit about a different mindset/approach.  It's a statement that starts to address the ultimate grievance - making sure people in need can access the medicine in question - without calling those who make the medicine murderers, which is ridiculous.

It's also not an argument for price controls necessarily.  It recognizes that people who invent/develop medicine are contributing amazing things to the world and should be handsomely rewarded, both as a thank you and to motivate them and future people to dedicate their lives to that career, and calls for implementing systems that continue to handsomely reward those people while closing any loopholes that are truly precluding people in need from accessing the products.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: September 19, 2019, 10:09:07 AM »
I don't think anyone called the medicinal companies murderers. They just don't really care if people end up dead.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: September 19, 2019, 10:26:21 AM »
I don't think anyone called the medicinal companies murderers. They just don't really care if people end up dead.

At a time when their behavior is literally killing people every day

And to say that they just don't really care if people end up dead would be ignoring that their product is stuff that keeps people from ending up dead.  That logic would have us all in the same boat.  Any of us could've chosen a career path of creating medicine or any number of medical or safety-based pursuits.  I suppose my career choice of operating a KSU-ish bbs rather than investing my efforts into making medicine has theoretically killed a bunch of people over the years.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: September 19, 2019, 10:43:03 AM »
Yeah, most people don't really care if poor people end up dying. The drug companies aren't unique. They are just viewed poorly because people think that a company whose mission is to create the drugs that save people should care if people are able to afford the drugs.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: September 19, 2019, 11:13:26 AM »
You’re kind of ignoring that the companies typically hold the exclusive right to make the drug, or have been able to ensure they control the only means to distribute it to the American public. Companies in that position either need to share some social responsibility or the laws need to change.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #2991 on: September 19, 2019, 11:18:03 AM »
It’s really not that different from companies that provide gas or electricity. I mean big thanks for providing that service and you deserve to be compensated, but we’re not gonna let you operate just like any other private company given how much people rely on you.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: September 19, 2019, 11:22:35 AM »
The companies and their geniuses should invest their skills and resources in making uber for _____ apps instead.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: September 19, 2019, 11:38:16 AM »

At a time when their behavior is literally killing people every day

And to say that they just don't really care if people end up dead would be ignoring that their product is stuff that keeps people from ending up dead.  That logic would have us all in the same boat.  Any of us could've chosen a career path of creating medicine or any number of medical or safety-based pursuits.  I suppose my career choice of operating a KSU-ish bbs rather than investing my efforts into making medicine has theoretically killed a bunch of people over the years.

He clearly had the Sacklers in mind when he said that, he should have been more careful so that his quote couldn't have been extrapolated to extend to all of pharma, although the Sacklers are far from the only ones that have unapologetically left a body count.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: September 19, 2019, 03:57:11 PM »
and now you're rolling out piss pants BetoDork

today i randomly encountered this information, which allowed me to finally figure out wtf dax was talking about back here.  the fact that dax encounters any beto-related information before i do is startling and amazing.

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1174677744342511622
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: September 19, 2019, 04:55:19 PM »
Higher costs for everyone! :billdance:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: September 19, 2019, 08:42:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1174766712169869313

:Ugh:

eff that piece of crap, I hope that turtle looking [redacted] gets hit by a bus. His dumb eff hillbilly constituents in Kentucky would really benefit from things like this but the dumb poors love that R more than they love themselves and their old parents and illiterate kids, so they keep voting for a turtle.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: September 19, 2019, 09:57:25 PM »
sys, what has happened to Betos polls since he said he wants to confiscate guns or whatever he said?
woof....
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: September 19, 2019, 10:52:28 PM »
sys, what has happened to Betos polls since he said he wants to confiscate guns or whatever he said?
woof....

they went up slightly.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."