Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 534929 times)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #2875 on: September 12, 2019, 08:37:52 PM »
you are not defending this debate, you can't be
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: September 12, 2019, 08:47:18 PM »
Alert, they are gonna ask a question to the VETERAN

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: September 12, 2019, 08:50:30 PM »
Obviously I'm not watching the debate but my twitter feed is making it seem like Beto is winning.  But that could just be because sys is retweeting every pro Beto tweet ever tweeted.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: September 12, 2019, 08:52:55 PM »
yes, i'm not positive he's there tonight

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: September 12, 2019, 08:55:04 PM »
I want to be clear, Yang is asian so he knows a lot of doctors

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: September 12, 2019, 09:11:08 PM »
turns out Warren really is a school marm

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: September 12, 2019, 09:17:39 PM »
We are talking abot education now, Joe says play the record player at night, let the kids hear words.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: September 12, 2019, 09:21:30 PM »
would love to see a game of 1 on 1 between him and Obama

I didn't get the impression that he actually plays basketball.

Also has he explained how giving everyone $1000 a month wouldn't make the dollar completely worthless?

Why do you believe it would?

Do I need to explain inflation?

No, I'm quite confident I don't need you to explain inflation to me.  However, given that you seem to think you're such an expert on it, I'd love to hear your version.

When you're done enlightening all of us on how inflation works, please explain why you think Yang's UBI would be inflationary, especially to the point of rendering the US dollar worthless.  While you're at it, you can explain how Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment insurance and Section 8 housing vouchers have all caused runaway inflation as well.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: September 12, 2019, 09:29:10 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: September 12, 2019, 09:47:11 PM »
Can't watch, wtf?

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1172301514800545792

lol I just started watching from the start and it's worth it for Yang's intro and Mayo Pete's attempt at following

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: September 12, 2019, 09:55:46 PM »
I tried looking this thing up on my cable box to see if it'd be replayed.  I don't see that it will, but the description was "Presidential hopefuls including Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg and Julian Castro debate."  :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: September 12, 2019, 10:01:00 PM »

Also has he explained how giving everyone $1000 a month wouldn't make the dollar completely worthless?

No, I'm quite confident I don't need you to explain inflation to me.  However, given that you seem to think you're such an expert on it, I'd love to hear your version.

When you're done enlightening all of us on how inflation works, please explain why you think Yang's UBI would be inflationary, especially to the point of rendering the US dollar worthless.  While you're at it, you can explain how Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment insurance and Section 8 housing vouchers have all caused runaway inflation as well.

I'm not an expert on inflation at all, not even a little bit. If you are equating all those entitlement programs with every single American receiving $1000 a month I'm certain that I know more than you though. You know food stamps and section 8 isn't actual cash, right? You know very few Americans get $1000 a month in social security benefits, right?

If you give every person $1000 a month, that thousand dollars will lose its value, quickly, that's a pretty elementary economic concept. Since you mentioned those entitlement programs is Yang cutting them in lieu of this $1000 a month? If so, lol!

The concept of a single mother, in Houston Texas, raising three children while on section 8 housing and receiving social security benefits and food stamps, getting the same $1000 a month as a single 40 year old living in downtown Seattle, earning 6 figures a year is very rough ridin' funny to me.

He seems like a good dude though.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: September 12, 2019, 10:03:15 PM »
I tried looking this thing up on my cable box to see if it'd be replayed.  I don't see that it will, but the description was "Presidential hopefuls including Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg and Julian Castro debate."  :lol:

ABC News and Univision had it exclusively, it will certainly be on their website and mobile app. You could also just watch any of these recaps on cable news. Or just wait 10 minutes for me to breakdown each candidate and tell you who won.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: September 12, 2019, 10:06:20 PM »

I'm not an expert on inflation at all, not even a little bit. If you are equating all those entitlement programs with every single American receiving $1000 a month I'm certain that I know more than you though. You know food stamps and section 8 isn't actual cash, right? You know very few Americans get $1000 a month in social security benefits, right?

If you give every person $1000 a month, that thousand dollars will lose its value, quickly, that's a pretty elementary economic concept. Since you mentioned those entitlement programs is Yang cutting them in lieu of this $1000 a month? If so, lol!

The concept of a single mother, in Houston Texas, raising three children while on section 8 housing and receiving social security benefits and food stamps, getting the same $1000 a month as a single 40 year old living in downtown Seattle, earning 6 figures a year is very rough ridin' funny to me.

He seems like a good dude though.

I actually am an expert on inflation.  Who needs lessons here?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: September 12, 2019, 10:10:46 PM »

Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: September 12, 2019, 10:21:55 PM »

Lol

use your record player, you will also become educated in the process- Joe

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: September 12, 2019, 10:36:58 PM »
Literally nobody cares about the crap they discuss in these things, very out of touch
Topics in order have been
Health care
Race
Gun Violence
Immigration
Foreign Policy
27, I'm sure they'll get to proper placement of Confederate bumper stickers, Frozen Tater Tots, the 12 ways to formally wear wife beaters, and how to extend your oil change out of your Camaro by 250 miles in the second half of the debate.

What was the part where they discussed the economy?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: September 12, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »
How I thought each person did.
Klobochar- Was bad, maybe the worst on stage tonight. Oddly weepy multiple times and completely whiffed when asked about all of the cops in the twin cities murdering black folks.

Booker- Was good when he talked but didn't really mix it up with anyone, seemed like someone about to end his campaign. He's cool a.f. probably too much so though, likely a strategy not to be aggressive, y'all can probably figure out why.

Pete- Was awesome tonight. He does a really good job of masking that he's a moderate, Obama 2.0. He won the debate despite his gaffe early on when he discouraged actual debate, as a debate.

Bernie- WTF bro? Was he this crotchety in '16? Loud, angry, and sounded sick. He was listed as option 2 for me going into tonight, no more, he was the 2nd least presidential person on that stage.

Biden- I actually feel sorry for the dude, he's completely on an island. He does not do a good job of expressing any plan for anything. To be fair he has to spend all of his time defending himself from all sides, minus Pete. He really doesn't distinguish himself that much from the cheeto to me. I don't think either have much to offer, if they didn't have strategists, and I really do think he would make a lot of gaffes because he can't get out of a debate without having one. Maybe he's more like HWB, but he wouldn't have strategists or a cabinet nearly as effective. Heaven help us if he gets the nomination. I'm dead as serious when I say this but I'd rather have William Weld.

Liz- Disappointing, was in complete cruise control mode tonight. She clearly had the strategy to just stay out of the way and she did just that. She, Bernie, and Joe dominated the first 30 minutes on health care and they all frankly sucked. After health care was done she was in chill mode.

Police- I am trying but I don't like her at all. She had a strategy to go after trump, but why? She got bad advise on that strategy. She got worst advise on how to relate to voters. She drops these weird folksy sounding quips and they always fall flat. She should be an ass kicking black woman, especially given she was a prosecutor, but someone probably told her that won't play to the larger public, which is accurate but it leaves her with no audience at all.

Yang- LOL! Dude starts off the night by driving traffic to his site to win $1000 a month for life. It was genius, but lol wtf, this is a presidential debate, it isn't the rough ridin' lottery. He didn't have a thing to say the rest of the night, there were questions that he straight passed on, including foreign policy. Every major campaign has a side show, and he's the one here. Seems like a fun dude though.

Beto- He was so good, smooth, confident, clear. I took exception to his answer on the race question, nevertheless he did very well. He is the left wing Pete, unfortunately for both it isn't their time yet, although both should be VP candidates, Pete for Warren, Beto for Biden. Stay scandal free for 8 years and 2028 will be a hell of a race between the two.

Castro-WOW! My man came to fight and he did it. I don't know if he wanted to show his progressive chops tonight but he did just that. He wanted Joe's head and went straight for it. Was the most aggressive tonight, the debate was not watchable without him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: September 12, 2019, 10:43:07 PM »
Literally nobody cares about the crap they discuss in these things, very out of touch
Topics in order have been
Health care
Race
Gun Violence
Immigration
Foreign Policy
27, I'm sure they'll get to proper placement of Confederate bumper stickers, Frozen Tater Tots, the 12 ways to formally wear wife beaters, and how to extend your oil change out of your Camaro by 250 miles in the second half of the debate.

What was the part where they discussed the economy?

They didn't. I don't think that is an issue that's important to democrats right now, but it's still a mistake that they didn't hit the economy. I don't think it's a huge mistake because it will be a focus when the field is narrowed and when the general rolls around.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: September 12, 2019, 10:50:42 PM »
Establishment, moderate democrats are about to riot right now. Rahm Emanuel (eff him by the way, eff him hard), Jennifer Granholm, and Mitch Landrieu are losing their crap defending Joe. Rahm said Castro coming after Joe is disqualifying, lol. Again eff him, he should be in jail.

Granholm and Landrieu are pissed because Booker said on CNN that he doesn't know if Joe "can carry the ball across the line." They said that was a personal attack.

These establishment dems are going to eff this up and Hillary the 2020 election because they can't get past their and their buddies self interests.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: September 12, 2019, 11:32:05 PM »
Link here when this whole thing is available to watch in full.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: September 13, 2019, 02:14:46 AM »
that could just be because sys is retweeting every pro Beto tweet ever tweeted.

oh, there were lots more.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: September 13, 2019, 06:59:10 AM »
Good recap MIR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: September 13, 2019, 07:28:52 AM »
Purely off of MIRs recap, it sounds like it was a great night for my guys Pete and Beto!
:adios:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: September 13, 2019, 07:33:15 AM »
Castro kind of shot himself in the foot by insisting that Biden said something that he didn't.