Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 534714 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #2075 on: May 15, 2019, 01:37:39 PM »
Dax, what has changed since 2016 when you said you'd vote for Biden over trump?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: May 15, 2019, 01:41:23 PM »

Was not fully versed on the fact that Joe used the power of his previous office to make his family billionaires, collectively.

The guy literally outdid the Clinton's on a $3:$1 ratio in that regard.   Impressive, but still sad

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: May 15, 2019, 01:45:10 PM »
Who's your guy (or girl!) now?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: May 15, 2019, 01:47:43 PM »
Cause tbh it seems like Biden is your new crush just saying...

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: May 15, 2019, 01:49:30 PM »
Good thing Trump isn't making any money off of his current position.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: May 15, 2019, 01:56:01 PM »
Good thing Trump isn't making any money off of his current position.

Agreed, Joe has set the all time record by "if you have to ask . . . " amounts of money

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:59:20 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: May 15, 2019, 01:59:52 PM »
Who's your guy (or girl!) now?

Probably Gabbard. 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: May 15, 2019, 02:50:18 PM »

Was not fully versed on the fact that Joe used the power of his previous office to make his family billionaires, collectively.

The guy literally outdid the Clinton's on a $3:$1 ratio in that regard.   Impressive, but still sad

We should lock him up then, right?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: May 15, 2019, 02:53:05 PM »
Now that we know that most of you will talk a great game for (insert utterly marginalized candidate name here) while stepping into the voting both and pulling the lever for ChiCom Joe the NeoCon, who represents everything that at one time your movement used to hate.

We can shut down this thread.

MIR and the rest can start a new thread on Christian extremism

dax, I would pull the lever for you or KSUW before I voted for Trump.  So the bar is set pretty low.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: May 15, 2019, 04:56:50 PM »
Now that we know that most of you will talk a great game for (insert utterly marginalized candidate name here) while stepping into the voting both and pulling the lever for ChiCom Joe the NeoCon, who represents everything that at one time your movement used to hate.

dax, I would pull the lever for you or KSUW before I voted for Trump.  So the bar is set pretty low.

I am quite centrist and even very liberal on many issues.   I'd be a fantastic president.   Infrastructure projects alone would be amazing . . . and fewer world destinations and more home time for our men and women in uniform.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: May 15, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »
I have no doubt President Dax would have good intentions for our Union, but I’m concerned he would too easily be manipulated by foreign leaders and corrupt officials based on his tendency to parrot authoritarian talking points.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: May 15, 2019, 08:54:36 PM »
New poll shows that Biden is leading the democratic primary 100% to zip.  This poll is based on who dax's ire is aimed at currently.

This is irl the only relevant poll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: May 15, 2019, 08:57:15 PM »

I am quite centrist and even very liberal on many issues.   I'd be a fantastic president.   Infrastructure projects alone would be amazing . . . and fewer world destinations and more home time for our men and women in uniform.

You’ve got my attention and possibly my vote. What are the very liberal issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: May 15, 2019, 09:21:41 PM »
I’d vote for dax purely on the fact that the entire country would have 1 GB/s fiber internets
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: May 15, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »
23?

24.  bullock got in yesterday or the day before.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: May 15, 2019, 11:11:52 PM »
Yeah bro, I don’t have a problem with calling a spade a spade. If some guy blows up a mosque or whatever in the name of Christianity they’re a Christian extremist. That kid that shot up the black church in SC is a White Nationalist extremist.

Edit to add: I think differentiating between different types of terrorism (or any problem) is important, because combatting each one probably takes a different approach.

It’s my belief that Islamic terrorism is more about US/European intervention in the Middle East than anything else. They don’t attack us because we have money or we’re free or whatever. They attack us because we don’t mind our own business. We’ve created enemies and it’s been happening for decades.

The amount of people killed in this country because of Christian zealotry dwarfs that of Muslim zealotry, thousands fold.

Ha. I think somebody is conveniently forgetting 9/11.

How about the Civil War? Christianity was then, and continues in some circles today, used as justification for slavery.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #2092 on: May 16, 2019, 09:28:19 AM »
That doesn’t really seem like the same thing at all. Why not also chalk up the American Revolution to Christian zealotry since the Declaration of Independence references God given rights?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: May 16, 2019, 11:46:25 AM »
Yeah bro, I don’t have a problem with calling a spade a spade. If some guy blows up a mosque or whatever in the name of Christianity they’re a Christian extremist. That kid that shot up the black church in SC is a White Nationalist extremist.

Edit to add: I think differentiating between different types of terrorism (or any problem) is important, because combatting each one probably takes a different approach.

It’s my belief that Islamic terrorism is more about US/European intervention in the Middle East than anything else. They don’t attack us because we have money or we’re free or whatever. They attack us because we don’t mind our own business. We’ve created enemies and it’s been happening for decades.

The amount of people killed in this country because of Christian zealotry dwarfs that of Muslim zealotry, thousands fold.

How about the Civil War? Christianity was then, and continues in some circles today, used as justification for slavery.

Well, the abolitionist movement and an overwhelming majority of its leaders were Christian.  But you are right, many in the South cherry-picked scripture to justify slavery.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: May 16, 2019, 11:48:21 AM »

Well, the abolitionist movement and an overwhelming majority of its leaders were motivated to end slavery because of their Christian beliefs.  But you are right, many in the South cherry-picked scripture to justify slavery.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:27:35 PM by _33 »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: May 17, 2019, 12:24:35 AM »
That doesn’t really seem like the same thing at all. Why not also chalk up the American Revolution to Christian zealotry since the Declaration of Independence references God given rights?

The American Revolution was about taxation without representation, the Civil War was about states rights and those rights were the ability to keep slaves. As _33 pointed out, the bible was used as a justification for slavery. No one used the bible as justification for not paying exorbitant taxes or dumping tea in the Atlantic. I'm not going to call you a name like I'm tempted to do, but man, go read a 4th grade social studies book.

I'd also like to acknowledge the fantastic point that _33 made that many abolitionists were Christians. Very similar to the 99% of Muslims who follow the peaceful teachings of the religion and are horrified by terrorism. I think it's also appropriate to point out that Muslims are far and away the greatest victims of terror. The phrase Islamic Extremism isn't used when a suicide bomber kills 8 children in a Somali park or when 10 Syrians are gunned down, it's only used when acts of terror are perpetrated against white people.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: May 17, 2019, 06:24:07 AM »

No one used the bible as justification for not paying exorbitant taxes or dumping tea in the Atlantic. I'm not going to call you a name like I'm tempted to do, but man, go read a 4th grade social studies book.

Quote from: Samuel rough ridin' Adams
If men, through fear, fraud, or mistake, should in terms renounce or give up any essential natural right, the eternal law of reason and the grand end of society would absolutely vacate such renunciation. The right to freedom being the gift of God Almighty, it is not in the power of man to alienate this gift and voluntarily become a slave.

II. The Rights of the Colonists as Christians.

These may be best understood by reading and carefully studying the institutes of the great Law Giver and Head of the Christian Church, which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2097 on: May 17, 2019, 06:51:01 AM »
Federalist Papers?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: May 17, 2019, 06:55:10 AM »
Eh, doesn’t show up on Tapatalk I guess. It’s a quote from Sam Adams: https://history.hanover.edu/texts/adamss.html

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2099 on: May 17, 2019, 07:03:30 AM »
Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk