Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 534955 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #2050 on: May 14, 2019, 01:58:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/justicedems/status/1128348912513880064

The Green Revolution, or Third Agricultural Revolution, is a set of research technology transfer initiatives occurring between 1950 and the late 1960s, that increased agricultural production worldwide, particularly in the developing world, beginning most markedly in the late 1960s.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: May 14, 2019, 03:11:06 PM »
@MakeItRain

Most of the stuff at the top of the article makes little difference to me.

I strongly Di sagree with most of the assertions the writer is making in the
“Unfortunate and Disturbing” section. She understands why Islamic Extremism happens, isn’t afraid to call it what it is, and seems to have a pretty decent idea on how to go about lessening it.

The author is correct. She’s not a dove. She doesn’t like to waste citizens money and creating thousands of endless deaths overthrow bad dictators so US companies can make money hand over fist.

All of that money could be better spent at home, and it wouldn’t create the type of power vacuums that allow zealots to influence otherwise rational people into extremism.

That’s just my opinion.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: May 15, 2019, 02:28:48 AM »
@MakeItRain

I strongly Di sagree with most of the assertions the writer is making in the
“Unfortunate and Disturbing” section. She understands why Islamic Extremism happens, isn’t afraid to call it what it is, and seems to have a pretty decent idea on how to go about lessening it.

Why are we differentiating "Islamic Extremism" from per se "Christian Extremism?" There are a whole lot of extreme Christians in this country and they have a much greater impact on our day to day lives. If we are going to insist on making our government priorities non-secular I'd rather us focus our efforts on the millions of people living here that are using their influence to strip people of their constitutional rights. The longer that goes unchecked, the harder they'll push.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: May 15, 2019, 07:31:37 AM »
Yeah bro, I don’t have a problem with calling a spade a spade. If some guy blows up a mosque or whatever in the name of Christianity they’re a Christian extremist. That kid that shot up the black church in SC is a White Nationalist extremist.

Edit to add: I think differentiating between different types of terrorism (or any problem) is important, because combatting each one probably takes a different approach.

It’s my belief that Islamic terrorism is more about US/European intervention in the Middle East than anything else. They don’t attack us because we have money or we’re free or whatever. They attack us because we don’t mind our own business. We’ve created enemies and it’s been happening for decades.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:23:35 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: May 15, 2019, 08:19:24 AM »
So if we start calling all of the spades spades, they will stop being spades?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: May 15, 2019, 09:11:18 AM »
Like clockwork . . .

https://thehill.com/homenews/the-memo/443737-2020-dems-line-up-for-maddow-primary

Good to see the Dems lining up to talk with the Alex Jones of the Left.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2056 on: May 15, 2019, 09:15:40 AM »

I know it's been brought up by dax. I like to read stories that connect the dots.

[tweet]1128062465030254592[/tweet]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: May 15, 2019, 09:17:34 AM »
ChiCom Joe . . . the kind of corruption LibDerp Nation can believe in (again)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: May 15, 2019, 09:25:16 AM »
A real pickle for Twitter Prog-Libs.   You've been marginalized.  In 2016 the Clinton's put those millions in foreign cash laundered through their fake Foundation to working buying the DNC and thus the Dem nomination. 

Joe "the NeoCon" Bident (except China) is going to play the older whiter version of Obama (so more domestic spying and asymmetric wars of aggression) all the way to the nomination in 2020.    No doubt pushed by the steady of hand of ChiCom financed media influencers. 

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-apos-early-dominance-tests-080000231.html

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: May 15, 2019, 09:31:13 AM »
Fake news
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: May 15, 2019, 09:36:06 AM »
New poll shows that Biden is leading the democratic primary 100% to zip.  This poll is based on who dax's ire is aimed at currently.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: May 15, 2019, 09:43:57 AM »
Interesting thread

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1128314853595189249?s=19

She's just copying the Trump game plan which is actually smart. She's betting that calling a news organization racist is going to win her more supporters than appearing on the network and talking about her ideas. And she's probably right because all anyone wants in a candidate these days is someone to pander to them on twitter.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: May 15, 2019, 09:48:47 AM »
Trump appeared on every news network. He was all any of them would talk about and he personally called in to their shows, sometimes even unexpectedly.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: May 15, 2019, 10:41:20 AM »
Yeah bro, I don’t have a problem with calling a spade a spade. If some guy blows up a mosque or whatever in the name of Christianity they’re a Christian extremist. That kid that shot up the black church in SC is a White Nationalist extremist.

Edit to add: I think differentiating between different types of terrorism (or any problem) is important, because combatting each one probably takes a different approach.

It’s my belief that Islamic terrorism is more about US/European intervention in the Middle East than anything else. They don’t attack us because we have money or we’re free or whatever. They attack us because we don’t mind our own business. We’ve created enemies and it’s been happening for decades.

Well if we're calling spades a spade we can be honest about the fact that anyone who's every used the terms Islamic Terrorism or Islamic Extremism has never used the terms Christian Terrorism or Christian Extremism interchangeably. The amount of people killed in this country because of Christian zealotry dwarfs that of Muslim zealotry, thousands fold. No one is inspecting Christianity when some freak commits a crime in the name of Jesus, nor should they. Inspecting Islam when a supposed Muslim commits a crime is bigotry. crap, we're to the point now where white people are assigning crimes, like the boy thrown off of the balcony at the Mall of America, to Muslims, when the perp wasn't even Muslim. Or how about the people discussing the role of Islam with that Minneapolis cop that murdered that blonde Australian woman. As if there hasn't been hundreds of thousands of god fearing pigs kill or maim innocent people.

Acting like the term Islamic Extremism isn't coded is some real all lives matter bullshit.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: May 15, 2019, 10:50:46 AM »
Can you give an example of what you’re talking about that you would call Christian Extremism?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: May 15, 2019, 11:24:24 AM »
Can you give an example of what you’re talking about that you would call Christian Extremism?

To be fair, most people who are perceived as Christians or are self-proclaimed Christians and also extremists/domestic terrorists don't seem to be committing their acts in the name of Jesus. They're usually white supremists, anti-semites, homophobes or whatever, and they're usually labeled as such. 

Pro-life zealots who kill abortion doctors are another story. They often claim to have the bible on their side when they destroy abortion clinics and kill abortion doctors. I think it's pretty fair to call the dude who killed George Tiller a Christian extremist.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:46:32 AM by nicname »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: May 15, 2019, 11:32:13 AM »
Some could argue that our middle East intervention is Christian extremism

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: May 15, 2019, 11:44:50 AM »
@MakeItRain

I don't know what you mean by "inspecting" Islam. Inspecting the factors that motivate people into becoming radicalized by zealots, islamic or otherwise, is definitely a good idea.

I just saying I don't have a problem with her calling people who openly claim to be committing atrocities in the name of Islam Islamic terrorists. It's not saying "Muslims are bad." It's not the same thing.

I agree with Gabbard's position on how to combat such atrocities, which I think is far more important than what people call it. I believe taking a non-interventionalist approach also happens to be beneficial to us in the US and folks in the Middle East.

Just leave them the hell alone and stay out of their business. None of this crap would be happening if we hadn't been toppling governments and occupying countries in the middle east since WWI (before? i dunno).

It saddens me that you would allow that to sour you on her when you agree with a lot of what she has to say.

Granted, it won't matter much because Biden is going to kick everyone's ass probably anyway. Maybe he can even beat Trump. Hopefully.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: May 15, 2019, 11:45:57 AM »
Some could argue that our middle East intervention is Christian extremism

I think that is partially true, but we all know it's all about the benjamins baby.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: May 15, 2019, 12:25:40 PM »

The amount of people killed in this country because of Christian zealotry dwarfs that of Muslim zealotry, thousands fold.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2071 on: May 15, 2019, 01:00:39 PM »
ChiCom Joe . . . the kind of corruption LibDerp Nation can believe in (again)
Hunter has made a killing not knowing a thing about the industry. If only we all had a daddy to get us deals...

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2072 on: May 15, 2019, 01:03:09 PM »

The amount of people killed in this country because of Christian zealotry dwarfs that of Muslim zealotry, thousands fold.

Ha. I think somebody is conveniently forgetting 9/11.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: May 15, 2019, 01:35:55 PM »
Now that we know that most of you will talk a great game for (insert utterly marginalized candidate name here) while stepping into the voting both and pulling the lever for ChiCom Joe the NeoCon, who represents everything that at one time your movement used to hate.

We can shut down this thread.

MIR and the rest can start a new thread on Christian extremism