Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 534838 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #4400 on: January 15, 2020, 07:55:38 AM »
Klob came off way more likeable last night than prior debates. She could have really sealed the deal with a relatable “crap I’m blanking on the name, she’s gonna be mad at me” on her biggest gaff of the night.

Everyone else pretty par for the course. I don’t know why Steyer thinks his “we need someone with outside views and business experience” pitch will work after 3 years of Trump. I’m increasingly convinced that the candidates with no Washington connections are most susceptible to swampy, scandal filled administrations.

I like the smaller field.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #4401 on: January 15, 2020, 08:44:29 AM »
So Warren was so bothered by Bernie's comments in 2018 that all the reporting at the time suggests they amicably agreed that they were both running, then 13 months later she remembers this was an important thing and she is still upset about it?

And if the implication is not that it is sexist, then what is the point in even bringing it up?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: January 15, 2020, 08:48:52 AM »
Have you gone #neverWarren, like Bernie Twitter?
:adios:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: January 15, 2020, 08:50:35 AM »

I live in Kansas, it does not matter. I said I was probably a Bernie dead ender from the start. 

I think her backing down on Medicare4All and the cringey Native American stuff had already doomed her for me.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: January 15, 2020, 08:51:55 AM »
But to take a step back, she would be by far my number 2 considering the rest of the field.  And I honestly think she would be one of the best VP picks Bernie could make.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: January 15, 2020, 09:01:22 AM »
A combined 150 year old pres/vp might be enough to sway some of the boomer vote away from Trump.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: January 15, 2020, 09:04:01 AM »
Speed of the captain, speed of the ship.

https://twitter.com/AJentleson/status/1217327939781566465

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: January 15, 2020, 09:18:26 AM »

I really struggle to imagine what substantively might've changed if Warren and Bernie were both still going to run. Maybe they would've been nice to each other the whole time? Possible, but they are competing in a primary. It is a zero-sum game. I don't understand how this ever not going to lead to some sort of at least somewhat negative campaigning.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: January 15, 2020, 09:20:24 AM »

I live in Kansas, it does not matter. I said I was probably a Bernie dead ender from the start. 

I think her backing down on Medicare4All and the cringey Native American stuff had already doomed her for me.

I like her much more than Sanders. I think it's mostly due to the cringey Native American stuff. Everything about it is great.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: January 15, 2020, 09:25:56 AM »
It's so okie that it's actually endearing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4410 on: January 15, 2020, 09:28:43 AM »
Yes, and it's completely obvious that she believed it the entire time. She was so happy when the DNA test came back proving her right.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: January 15, 2020, 09:29:48 AM »

Until someone proves otherwise, I think every candidate’s focus for the foreseeable future will be on getting their supporters to turn out and vote rather than broadening their base. Seems to be the winning formula.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: January 15, 2020, 09:35:22 AM »

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: January 15, 2020, 09:54:39 AM »
So Warren was so bothered by Bernie's comments in 2018 that all the reporting at the time suggests they amicably agreed that they were both running, then 13 months later she remembers this was an important thing and she is still upset about it?

And if the implication is not that it is sexist, then what is the point in even bringing it up?
I read somewhere that it came out in response to the Sanders campaign giving their supporters a anti-Warren script to use. It seems the two campaigns have mostly refrained from attacking each other.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/14/sanders-admits-anti-warren-script-early-states-098786

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: January 15, 2020, 05:19:37 PM »

I read somewhere that it came out in response to the Sanders campaign giving their supporters a anti-Warren script to use. It seems the two campaigns have mostly refrained from attacking each other.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/14/sanders-admits-anti-warren-script-early-states-098786

The quote in the article is the one I’ve seen pointed as the negative campaigning...

But volunteers were also equipped with talking points for voters who said they were leaning toward other candidates. In Warren's case, they stated that the “people who support her are highly-educated, more affluent people who are going to show up and vote Democratic no matter what” and that “she's bringing no new bases into the Democratic Party.”

:lol: that’s about as tame as you can get, and common knowledge. It is a crappy excuse to stick a sexist labeled knife in a surging Sanders’ back while you’re slippingin the polls three weeks ahead of Iowa. And as KK said two years after the damn one on one meeting took place.

Add in the disgusting way the issue was raised and Sanders’s denial basically ignored by the CNN moderator and you have what looks a lot like a concerted effort at a made for tv/ made for headlines gotcha moment meant to tear down Sanders.

https://youtu.be/O5CUfvoRCx4

The whole display was so gross that when during the post debate another CNN panelist was touting the claim as fact Anderson Cooper had to remind them that it indeed was he said/ she said.

Why would Warren do this? Will it help her win? Probably not. Will it make it easier for her to distance herself from Sanders and back the establishment candidate Biden when/if she drops out? Probably.

It’s a good example of why a lot of people, myself included, question Warren’s honesty and integrity.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: January 15, 2020, 06:59:05 PM »
I think Warren is doing this because it actually happened and she's honest to a fault.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: January 15, 2020, 07:09:23 PM »
100% chance Bernie tried to convince her a woman had no shot NOT because of him and his Bernie Bros but because of shitty other types who would never vote for a broad and she should throw in with his old ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: January 15, 2020, 07:28:23 PM »
I think Warren is doing this because it actually happened and she's honest to a fault.

If I had to bet, this would be it. Nothing about this story really helps Warren, and I’ll bet she was actually pissed when it resurfaced. But at this point she feels like she has no choice but to say it’s true.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: January 15, 2020, 07:31:56 PM »
You do realize this conversion took place a couple years ago.  This was a shitty thing she did.  That's why I'll stick with Bernie.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: January 15, 2020, 07:33:00 PM »
100% chance Bernie tried to convince her a woman had no shot NOT because of him and his Bernie Bros but because of shitty other types who would never vote for a broad and she should throw in with his old ass.

Washington Post articles report Sanders staffers said Sanders basically told her that Trump would use nefarious measures against her that would be focused on her gender (among other things).

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: January 15, 2020, 07:55:00 PM »
I like Warren more if she tried to knife him. Need to see more ruthlessness for political gain from Democrats.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: January 15, 2020, 08:15:32 PM »
goddamn.  that's very competent of cnn.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: January 15, 2020, 10:04:34 PM »

It’s 100% this and Bernie is right. America isn’t going to turn out to vote for a woman. Unfortunate but true. We aren’t there yet.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: January 15, 2020, 10:09:29 PM »
Hillary would have won if the stars hadn't aligned for Trump.