Author Topic: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats  (Read 543959 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 presidential candidate 'crats
« Reply #3275 on: October 17, 2019, 08:46:36 PM »
sanders is the only other candidate that advocates the same plan, and he is able to articulate that some people would have to pay more in taxes.  the world doesn't end when he does so.

the bernie sis's I follow on twitter think she doesn't really want it and will cave to the billionaires when push comes to shove.

They are right.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: October 17, 2019, 08:48:33 PM »
So you mean completely ineffective, right?

as someone who participates in an (sometimes, depending on where i live and how i pursue it) illegal hobby, it is pretty damn effective.  when you can't take your snake out in public, can't go shoot it at some gun range, can't post it on facebook, can't comment about it on gun nut message boards, can't advertise it for sale, can't meet up with fellow collectors, etc the joy of the hobby fades pretty quick.

When I first read this and right before I saw the metaphor or whatever, I pictured you taking your snake to a gun range and shooting the snake with a gun and was very wtf.

At first I thought it was a metaphor, but for something else. :fatty:

Same!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: October 17, 2019, 08:53:37 PM »
I’m fine with them changing their stances if they just say, “I changed my mind”. I do that all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't like it when they change their mind from something I agree with to something I don't. But I like it when they change their mind to something I agree with!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: October 17, 2019, 09:10:50 PM »
When I first read this and right before I saw the metaphor or whatever, I pictured you taking your snake to a gun range and shooting the snake with a gun and was very wtf.

heh.  that interpretation never occurred to me.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: October 18, 2019, 03:18:08 AM »
MIR: everyone knows Liz’s plan will increase taxes.

Also MIR: how could you ask Liz to admit her plan will increase taxes? Republicans will destroy her if people find out!!

Are you being obtuse or do you really not know the difference between how opponents of health care reform speak of it now and how they would if the leading Democratic candidate went on record saying that her health care reform plan would require a middle class tax increase?

The voters you imagine are likely to be swayed by this type of rhetoric do not exist.

This is 100% incorrect.

I also have no idea why you guys are going on and on about this, I said the entire time she needs to come out and say it. My issue is with the moderates acting as if their plans won't come with a tax increase as well.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: October 18, 2019, 03:26:59 AM »
As for Pete, he is an absolute snake.  Here is him 1 year ago proclaiming he supports Medicare 4 All, which he now says is ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/965396700511825920
That response is sarcastic as crap. He needed to get on with “fixing potholes”.

It wasn't sarcastic, click and read the entire thread. He was saying that he supported M4A several tweets before that but he kept talking around it, then he eventually posted this tweet.

I also question his motives for his sudden change of heart for M4A. He's a politician created in a lab.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: October 18, 2019, 04:15:40 AM »
As for Pete, he is an absolute snake.  Here is him 1 year ago proclaiming he supports Medicare 4 All, which he now says is ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/status/965396700511825920
That response is sarcastic as crap. He needed to get on with “fixing potholes”.

The context of it was some group accused him of not being for Medicare 4 All, and he said “when have I ever said I’m not for Medicare 4 All?” Then they asked, well are you? And he said that and they thanked him and added him to some list. Absolutely cynical.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 18, 2019, 04:20:06 AM »
I'm glad that when Pete decided to become a national politician sometime after Feb 2018, he went back and reconsidered all of his positions that had absolutely nothing to do with being a local politician.

What is the Manhattan mayor's position on M4A?

Also why are you awake KK?
:adios:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 18, 2019, 08:17:58 AM »
would a snake shovel other people's driveways? snakes can't even survive in the snow, kk.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 18, 2019, 08:24:45 AM »
buttigieg also supported m4a at the start of his presidential campaign (very vaguely, as he did everything, to be sure).  he also switched his position on decriminalizing unauthorized entry sometime between the first debate and today.

the fakeness of his, at least to me, isn't so much changing your mind, it's turning around and attacking the people that hold the same position you held 3-4 months ago.  it seems pretty obvious to me that his campaign decided there was more of an opening trying to take moderate white voters from biden than there was trying to share very liberal white voters with warren.  he adjusted his beliefs accordingly.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: October 18, 2019, 08:44:51 AM »
he said he favors medicare for all. that doesn't mean that's what he would try to get passed. like, I favor a billion dollar home in the caymans with no actual job that i have to go to every day, but i'm pretty darned happy with my average house in mhk and my 40 hour a week gig doing what I do. you dorks are getting pretty worked up about this for no real reason.

also what sys is saying is correct, biden is tanking fast and not because of the Donald stuff. the more he talks the more people will see that he just isn't a valid candidate. pete will be there to sweep up all the people who leave biden and he is super actively working to make that happen. He also made a good point when he talks about how divided the country is. you put someone in who is going to try and cram medicare for all down peoples throats in a year and 40% of the country will lose their gd mind. people think they like their insurance and think they want to keep it. they are super dumb in doing so but you aren't going to be able to convince them otherwise and demanding they give it up and take something else is just going to fire them up. baby stepping this thing probably makes some sense.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 08:50:17 AM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: October 18, 2019, 09:15:58 AM »
Listened to a Pete interview, I'm now #TeamPete

YES!

Whoa this is a big get for #teampete
I'd still vote for a Pub primary challenger given any viable opportunity, but Pete's a smart dude. A little too far left for me probably, but you can't get everything.

Glad to see Pete fixed his main issue by careening to the center!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: October 18, 2019, 09:28:16 AM »
So it seems like Warren is toast.  Thank goodness.
Bummer, I guess her registering for the Texas bar as an American Indian didn't hurt her that much

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: October 18, 2019, 09:36:25 AM »
I really don't understand why the Indian stuff would hurt Warren. It's the most charming thing about her.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: October 18, 2019, 09:49:45 AM »
I really don't understand why the Indian stuff would hurt Warren. It's the most charming thing about her.

Lyin Liz the Soccer Grandma has a lot of people fooled, you for example.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: October 18, 2019, 09:53:02 AM »

Those people have never met an okie I guess. 100% of Oklahomans claim some sort of Indian princess ancestor.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: October 18, 2019, 09:54:06 AM »

Those people have never met an okie I guess. 100% of Oklahomans claim some sort of Indian princess ancestor.

Yes, it's great.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: October 18, 2019, 09:55:11 AM »
Like 40% of kansans too
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: October 18, 2019, 09:59:51 AM »
It's not a good look. My Bernie Bro twitterers thought this would do her in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=rau0A5w3OVI

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 10:08:24 AM by michigancat »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: October 18, 2019, 10:04:53 AM »
When you grow up with your parents and grandparents telling you that you have Indian blood, you are going to believe you have Indian blood. It's harmless.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: October 18, 2019, 10:10:14 AM »
When you grow up with your parents and grandparents telling you that you have Indian blood, you are going to believe you have Indian blood. It's harmless.

Yeah I'm sure actual native Americans hate her but we murdered enough of them that their votes really don't matter. The question will be if it hurts her with the overall minority vote, which she needs.

Obviously evil white Americans won't care. (<-this was a reference to the Baton Rouge thread)

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: October 18, 2019, 10:15:14 AM »
The best part of it all was the test proving that she did actually have some Native American DNA. It made me consider taking a test to see if my grandparents also weren't completely full of crap.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: October 18, 2019, 10:19:27 AM »
The best part of it all was the test proving that she did actually have some Native American DNA. It made me consider taking a test to see if my grandparents also weren't completely full of crap.
But then you realized you could never become a serial killer, and you didn't want to lose the opportunity?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: October 18, 2019, 10:21:47 AM »
I agree with MIR about the healthcare quality consequences.  As it is now, there is a three week wait to see your PCP.  At this point, we just go to the immediate care places for everything possible (which isn't a bad thing 100% of the time).  Additionally, it is a fight to get insurance to pay for things even when your doctor authorizes the procedure. 
@mikec2w