Author Topic: Awesome or Cruel????  (Read 2501 times)

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
Awesome or Cruel????
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:12:41 PM »
So I'm here at work, and this family is sitting in the waiting area, and the father has a leash type contraption around his kid, kinda like you'd see for a dog.  I have never seen this before, I am completly mesmorized.   Don't know what to think of it.  I'll try to get a pic. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome or Cruel????
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 03:14:09 PM »
Yeah, I've seen those before.  Pretty great idea.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:25 PM »
kids, dogs, pretty much the same thing. see first post in "2 things you hate" thread.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:21:46 PM »

it was similar to this

"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 03:22:53 PM »
I have seen kids with leaches attached to some stupid bracelet things.  I have also seen them attached to idiotic back packs. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 03:23:33 PM »
They seem to be kinda like alternatives to having to parent.

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 03:30:12 PM »
It's not necessarily awesome because you look like an idiot that can't control your kid if you use one of the those. On the other hand it's definitely not 'cruel' because let's face it, you own that small human and you can't afford to have them get away.

Has anyone ever seen Bill use these on his players? If no photgraphic evidence exists, then photoshop plz.

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline Lamesauce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 05:39:24 PM »

After watching this, I'm going with awesome.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 07:33:33 PM »
If you aren't a good enough parent to maintain control of your kid, then you shouldn't be having kids.

Leashes are just lazy parenting.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »
If you aren't a good enough parent to maintain control of your kid, then you shouldn't be having kids.

what if you are a single parent because your spouse got killed by a drunk driver and you have triplets that are three years old and a one year old and you're at walt disney world by yourself w/ them?

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 07:38:49 PM »

what if you are a single parent because your spouse got killed by a drunk driver and you have triplets that are three years old and a one year old and you're at walt disney world by yourself w/ them?

Then it becomes irresponsible parenting.  The reason the spouse is gone from the relationship is a red herring in this discussion.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »

Then it becomes irresponsible parenting.  The reason the spouse is gone from the relationship is a red herring in this discussion.

It would only be irresponsible in this case to not have the leash.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 08:32:21 PM »
I don't have kids (see kids thread) but went ahead and bought a leash just in case I ever do.  
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 07:00:43 AM by steve dave »

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 08:43:05 PM »

What if the spouse died on space mountain and your kids became near-feral, and the leash is the only way to contain their primal instincts?
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline BigCat

• Combo-Fan
  • Bob Esponja
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »

What if the spouse died on space mountain and your kids became near-feral, and the leash is the only way to contain their primal instincts?

then the whole idea of the leash is moot, they should be kept in cages for chrissakes

Ooh, nice outfit. What is that, Dacron?

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 09:46:36 PM »

then the whole idea of the leash is moot, they should be kept in cages for chrissakes

So you're going to bring 4 cages with you to space  mountain?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 11:57:13 PM »
I don't have kids (see kids thread) but went ahead and bought a leash just in case I every do. 

very responsible thing to do...never can be too prepared.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 02:22:55 AM »
If you properly beat your children and they writhe in fear and panic at the very site of you then a leash is not necessary.   Waking up your kids by screaming in their face at 4am while your spouse flicks the lights off and on rapidly in their room will fix this.  Give the little bastards something to think about. Tell them the night monster comes when they are bad. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

stunz

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 04:42:16 AM »

Offline jvl0417

• Fan
  • This ... is not your country.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 07:26:07 PM »
If you properly beat your children and they writhe in fear and panic at the very site of you then a leash is not necessary.   Waking up your kids by screaming in their face at 4am while your spouse flicks the lights off and on rapidly in their room will fix this.  Give the little bastards something to think about. Tell them the night monster comes when they are bad. 

where can I buy your book on parenting techniques?  :crossfingers:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 07:31:13 PM »
Parents who put kids in time out use leashes. Parents who beat their kids don't need them. My dog doesn't even require a leash.   :gocho: