Author Topic: Can we talk Stokes?  (Read 16589 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: Can we talk Stokes?
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2023, 01:45:21 PM »
Sounds like something that someone who was coached under oscar would say.

Offline KSNimrod

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2023, 03:25:44 PM »
Sounds like something that someone who was coached under oscar would say.

It's sad really.  To think that if only a few more of those guys would have scored higher on the play hard chart... Dean wouldn't have been robbed of so much glory and we'd have 2 Natty banners in the OOD.   :Crybaby:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2023, 03:33:15 PM »
Well, different stokes for different folks.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2023, 05:45:42 PM »
I think it's fair to give them the final four. I don't know which team is better, it'd be a hell of a game though.

Where I sit, we would've/could've had a FF vs Loyola with a healthy Dean. Just as we would've/could've had a FF with a rested non-double OT game vs Xavier when we played Butler, but both didn't happen.

But it's all mute, would be a legit good game, and I love Kam, but also no, most likely not won any Natty's with a healthy Dean.

:D

I should stay mute on all things moot
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2023, 08:26:48 PM »
i legit don't even remember which guy he is

We're still doing the ignorance for clout thing?

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2023, 08:57:48 PM »
Kam is not spradling/clent level for me, but i rate him like this

Jacob Pullen
The Flush

Marcus Foster
Denis Clemente

Angel Rodriguez
Kam Stokes

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2023, 09:20:05 PM »
I don't think that team beats Virginia

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2023, 10:33:03 PM »

Maybe, maybe not. The beauty of the tournament is that you play the team in front of you. I'm sure not going to be the one saying the only 1 seed to ever lose to a 16 would beat anyone.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2023, 11:06:04 PM »

No. I’m not sure that anyone in the last ten years is memorable. I’d be in quite a pickle if someone put a gun to my head and asked me to name 5 players from the past decade (not counting this year, obvs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2023, 04:14:20 AM »

Maybe, maybe not. The beauty of the tournament is that you play the team in front of you. I'm sure not going to be the one saying the only 1 seed to ever lose to a 16 would beat anyone.

Well I mean this is all theoretical but Virginia did win the tournament the year I thought we were discussing.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2023, 08:15:35 AM »
He can say what he wants about the E8 team missing Wade but let's hold off on the theoretical championships for the team that lost to UC Irvine.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2023, 10:47:47 AM »

No. I’m not sure that anyone in the last ten years is memorable. I’d be in quite a pickle if someone put a gun to my head and asked me to name 5 players from the past decade (not counting this year, obvs)

So, yes.

We've won two conference championships and been to three elite 8s in your lifetime. He was the starting point guard for 1 of each of those. He's the only point guard since like the 60s to have a conference championship and an elite 8.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2023, 11:07:46 AM »

:lol:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2023, 11:13:51 AM »
While Kam's statement could be considered hyperbolic, I think it is cool / admirable that he loved / believed in his team that much.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2023, 11:20:43 AM »

deathbite, iirc

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2023, 11:58:15 AM »

So, yes.

We've won two conference championships and been to three elite 8s in your lifetime. He was the starting point guard for 1 of each of those. He's the only point guard since like the 60s to have a conference championship and an elite 8.
That’s great, I’m happy for you. A lot of us didn’t watch much during the Webber years because it was a boring and loser brand of basketball. I watch sports to be entertained, so when I’m not entertained I don’t watch. Not a ‘look at me’ thing, just making an observation that I do not remember the guy.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2023, 01:52:17 PM »
While Kam's statement could be considered hyperbolic, I think it is cool / admirable that he loved / believed in his team that much.

Yeah.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2023, 02:31:55 PM »

So, yes.

That’s great, I’m happy for you. A lot of us didn’t watch much during the Webber years because it was a boring and loser brand of basketball. I watch sports to be entertained, so when I’m not entertained I don’t watch. Not a ‘look at me’ thing, just making an observation that I do not remember the guy.

so edgy
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2023, 03:14:50 PM »

So, yes.

I don't want to pile on but you were the first person to reply to schreds post of the article link. The article told the reader exactly who Kam Stokes is, so either you didn't read the article you commented on, or you were being ignorant for clout.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2023, 03:16:28 PM »
Pretty robust discussion from the 2018 tournament run on the early pages of this thread. I miss that.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2023, 04:22:48 PM »
Pretty robust discussion from the 2018 tournament run on the early pages of this thread. I miss that.
I had to go back and look at the trash that I talked that was so damned out of pocket. My how things change

I'm gonna be honest Stokes was one of the most fun players on that team to watch especially when he was on and firing on all cylinders like he was the second half of the 2018 Regular Season. He had one of the nastiest jab step three balls in the league that year and my god was it a thing of beauty. Now that he is back and living in Manhattan full time I think is great to have him and around the younger guys during his offseason.

I don't like to talk theoreticals but I truly believe the guard D that Coach Frazier was able to instill in the guards over their time here was a thing of beauty and to see how they would match up with Tang's Inaugural gang would be so much fun.
I have to take the guys that were in MHK while I was there because that squad means the world to me.
So I have Kam and the gang winning against the Tang Gang.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 04:27:36 PM by GregKSU1027 »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023