Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 434952 times)

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Offical World Cup Thread
« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2010, 09:11:44 PM »
I guess if you're into this sort of thing (cripples w/short shorts), then yeah

I'm more of a torres fan, I mean LOOK at that hair, you just know he smells amazing  :love:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 09:14:52 PM by raquetcat »
I'm purple down

Offline pokémawn

• Fan
  • kat-pakémawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 21, 2010, 06:17:28 AM »
france is looking good  :ohno:

"Daniel Thomas, I choose YOU!"

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 21, 2010, 08:02:22 AM »
france is looking good  :ohno:
Haha, awesome username/signature combo
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 21, 2010, 08:13:11 AM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 21, 2010, 08:40:42 AM »
Group B/G is looking nice for top goals.

:gocho:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 21, 2010, 10:06:07 AM »
I don't think mrs. dave is gonna let me watch.  She's got a lot of Project Runway DVRs to catch up on  :embarrassed:  I will do it for the US game from work where I get to decide what I watch  :cool:
crypes.  runway hasn't been on in months. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 21, 2010, 10:23:35 AM »
I don't think mrs. dave is gonna let me watch.  She's got a lot of Project Runway DVRs to catch up on  :embarrassed:  I will do it for the US game from work where I get to decide what I watch  :cool:

Ya, I know.  Also, America's Next Top Model prolly got cancelled years ago but if you want to know what happened in their last season I know someone who now knows. 

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2010, 10:43:29 AM »

Ya, I know.  Also, America's Next Top Model prolly got cancelled years ago but if you want to know what happened in their last season I know someone who now knows. 

MODS please merge with Oxygen/Lifetime/Crappy Shows our Wives Watch Thread

TIA
I'm purple down

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2010, 07:17:16 AM »
Group B/G is looking nice for top goals.

:gocho:

Fabiano got off the schnide too.  look for a goal a game on average from the guy.  they might get Chile (hopefully instead of Spain)  in the 2nd round which would be an amazing opportunity for him to score considering Chile's open style of play.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2010, 07:58:29 AM »
would be hilarious today if somehow France made it thru to the next round.  don't see it happening but they have the talent to put up a big # against S Africa and if Uruguay beat Mejico then it could happen.

group B is intriguing.  Nigeria hasn't gained a point but if they beat S Korea and Argentina beats Greece they are thru.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2010, 08:07:34 AM »
u.s formation for tomorrow?  http://theshinguardian.com/2010/06/20/do-or-die-usa-vs-algeria/

my XI
howard
dolo-demerit-onyewu(?)-boca
bradley-edu
donovan-dempsey
buddle(?)-altidore

Onyewu has been crap.  more than likely he'll be starting in the back and more than likely he'll get caught out of position or fail to close down on a guy in space and screen the keeper.  wouldn't mind seeing Boca move inside and bring Spector into the starting lineup.

should Buddle or Gomez be paired up top with Altidore.  Gomez was brought in at the end of the Slovey game.  Buddle pairs well with Donovan at their club team.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2010, 08:22:02 AM »
u.s formation for tomorrow?  http://theshinguardian.com/2010/06/20/do-or-die-usa-vs-algeria/

my XI
howard
bradley-edu
donovan-dempsey
buddle(?)-altidore

Onyewu has been crap.  more than likely he'll be starting in the back and more than likely he'll get caught out of position or fail to close down on a guy in space and screen the keeper.  wouldn't mind seeing Boca move inside and bring Spector into the starting lineup.

should Buddle or Gomez be paired up top with Altidore.  Gomez was brought in at the end of the Slovey game.  Buddle pairs well with Donovan at their club team.

Spector or bornstein need to be in and boca moved over.  Gooch is still slow with the knee.  Happens when you f up a knee.  Love boca, but he does not get forward like those guys and would really help donovan or dempsey with overlapping runs as they move inside.

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2010, 09:07:14 AM »

my XI
howard
bradley-edu
donovan-dempsey
buddle(?)-altidore

Spector or bornstein need to be in and boca moved over.  Gooch is still slow with the knee.  Happens when you f up a knee.  Love boca, but he does not get forward like those guys and would really help donovan or dempsey with overlapping runs as they move inside.

I'd say that whoever is the best at kicking the ball super hard should play the most.  JMO. 

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2010, 09:27:44 AM »

that link to shinguardian.com about the preview has some good insights about the left side.  if Dempsey plays on the left he supplies virtually no help on defense.   you don't want Donovan over there because he has provided so much from the right side.  and i'm not sure if you want the left fullback in this setup to be barging up field leaving gaping holes in an already suspect back line.  they suggest moving Dempsey up top and adding Holden or Benny F on the left.  god forbid, maybe even Beasley. it seemed like Benny provided lots of help tracking back in the last game.  so another lineup might look like this

howard

dolo-demerit-boca-(spector/bornstein)

donovan-bradley-edu-(benny/holden/beasley)

dempsey-altidore

i could live with this ... checking out until i watch the games after work tonight

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2010, 09:46:33 AM »

that link to shinguardian.com about the preview has some good insights about the left side.  if Dempsey plays on the left he supplies virtually no help on defense.   you don't want Donovan over there because he has provided so much from the right side.  and i'm not sure if you want the left fullback in this setup to be barging up field leaving gaping holes in an already suspect back line.  they suggest moving Dempsey up top and adding Holden or Benny F on the left.  god forbid, maybe even Beasley. it seemed like Benny provided lots of help tracking back in the last game.  so another lineup might look like this

howard

dolo-demerit-boca-(spector/bornstein)

donovan-bradley-edu-(benny/holden/beasley)

dempsey-altidore

i could live with this ... checking out until i watch the games after work tonight

leave in onyewu and that would be to my liking. even though the gooch is suspect and has some lapses he is pivotal on air attacks both defense and offensive. i wish beasley would not suck so much. wtf is wrong with him.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 22, 2010, 11:50:45 AM »
Seriously? We'll be better without Findley. Him and Altidore have done pretty much nothing but squander opportunities the past 2 games. I'm all for Gomez getting in over him

findley has been playing amazing. his speed and size has given us an incredible amount of length. not to mention he has had some incredible passes and set ups. if you seriously think that altidore and findley aren't our best two options, lol.

Findley is currently 14th on the team in pass completion percentage at 53.57%. but I'll take 3 of the players off the list due to lack of minutes, and Tim Howard. So Findley is now 10th on the team in terms of passes.

I know he's got great speed, the point I was making was his passes weren't connecting as well as Altidore's shot opportunities not being utilized. Findley definitely is the better option normally, but so far on this stage he hasn't been as good as he should be IMO.

Some interesting stats online relating to the team: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/teams/team=43921/passes.html

[

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2010, 12:46:33 PM »
Seriously? We'll be better without Findley. Him and Altidore have done pretty much nothing but squander opportunities the past 2 games. I'm all for Gomez getting in over him

findley has been playing amazing. his speed and size has given us an incredible amount of length. not to mention he has had some incredible passes and set ups. if you seriously think that altidore and findley aren't our best two options, lol.

Findley is currently 14th on the team in pass completion percentage at 53.57%. but I'll take 3 of the players off the list due to lack of minutes, and Tim Howard. So Findley is now 10th on the team in terms of passes.

I know he's got great speed, the point I was making was his passes weren't connecting as well as Altidore's shot opportunities not being utilized. Findley definitely is the better option normally, but so far on this stage he hasn't been as good as he should be IMO.

Some interesting stats online relating to the team: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/teams/team=43921/passes.html

right but he's only 2 % points away from jozy's completion rate. can't really compare a striking forward to midfielders or d. but definitely see your point. i just think having that speed up top spreads out the d a little bit and makes them cautious. it also is advantageous on counters. we will see what happens tomorrow. i like buddle and his ability to find net. herc has shown that ability too, and it would be nice to test out some other options. just hope it doesn't cost us.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 22, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »
Agreed. I'd prefer Gomez personally over Buddle for his speed, but Buddle has the size that could be advantagous. Either way we'll need to come out blazin' tomorrow and get a definitive W.
[

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 22, 2010, 03:50:02 PM »
Agreed. I'd prefer Gomez personally over Buddle for his speed, but Buddle has the size that could be advantagous. Either way we'll need to come out blazin' tomorrow and get a definitive W.

+1.

The slow starts are getting rather old.

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 22, 2010, 03:55:35 PM »

+1.

The slow starts games are getting rather old.

FYP. 

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 22, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »

+1.

The slow starts games are getting rather old.

FYP. 

http://www.justaguything.com/wanna-know-why-we-dont-like-soccer-cause-if-we-did-it-would-look-like-this/

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2010, 10:06:05 PM »
thank god mexico qualified.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 23, 2010, 12:25:38 AM »
thank god mexico qualified.

Mexico vs Argentina should be epic.  was kind of pulling for the S Africa miracle qualification just for the drama but this will make Saturday's viewing extraordinary.

i wish Nigeria would have fulfilled my drama quotient for the day but I like S Korea as well.  they had some huge opportunities missed. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 23, 2010, 07:31:54 AM »
How many goalies can you have in the game at once?  I may have come up with a really good strategy we could use.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 23, 2010, 08:29:06 AM »
Attention soccer nerds,

I don't have time to read your nerd thread to see if this has been posted, but can you suggest good place on the interwebs to watch this ball game this morning?