Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 448149 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #6226 on: November 12, 2016, 05:27:09 AM »
Pulisic, Altidore, and Wood were very good
Yes

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: November 13, 2016, 02:25:13 AM »
Is anyone else weirded out by this usmex bffs bullshit?  The group pic before the game, people saying they were nice to each other in the stands (comments section on us fed's FB page).
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: November 13, 2016, 11:00:12 AM »
Is anyone else weirded out by this usmex bffs bullshit?  The group pic before the game, people saying they were nice to each other in the stands (comments section on us fed's FB page).
Yes it is rough ridin' stupid. They didn't play nice on the field and our guys were non confrontational marshmallows until we went down 2-1. It was a rough ridin' joke. Our fans acted like we were playing Northern Ireland in a friendly not Mexico in a WCQ. Their fans aren't going to be civil the next time we meet in a GC Final or CONCACAF Cup in the Rose Bowl or any NFL Stadium in a major city, they aren't going to be arm and arm with us pre and post game at the Azteca in June let alone during the game. This is a rough ridin' joke. Also it's a rough ridin' joke about how many El Tri fans found their way in C-bus this year too. You could audibly hear those garbage fans yelling the homophobic chants during goal kicks, and our fans sat back and took it. It is rough ridin' garbage. And the Federation's "Respect the Rivalry" is garbage and is why we deserved that game.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: November 13, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »
 :blah:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: November 13, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
Yes it is rough ridin' stupid. They didn't play nice on the field and our guys were non confrontational marshmallows until we went down 2-1. It was a rough ridin' joke. Our fans acted like we were playing Northern Ireland in a friendly not Mexico in a WCQ. Their fans aren't going to be civil the next time we meet in a GC Final or CONCACAF Cup in the Rose Bowl or any NFL Stadium in a major city, they aren't going to be arm and arm with us pre and post game at the Azteca in June let alone during the game. This is a rough ridin' joke. Also it's a rough ridin' joke about how many El Tri fans found their way in C-bus this year too. You could audibly hear those garbage fans yelling the homophobic chants during goal kicks, and our fans sat back and took it. It is rough ridin' garbage. And the Federation's "Respect the Rivalry" is garbage and is why we deserved that game.

You both need to calm the eff down, that photo had nothing to do with what happened on the field, clearly. That match was intense and played with edge. Who gives a crap about how Mexican fans will act later, this is the United States of America and we are expected by the entire world to set the standard for behavior. We were being watched by soccer fans and people outside of the sport and if there were a bunch of fights and anti-Mexican rhetoric we would have rightfully looked terribly.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: November 13, 2016, 02:39:49 PM »
I couldn't care less how it looked. And if you think there was no less edge from our players vs any other WCQ or cup match vs Mexico you're blind.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: November 13, 2016, 02:41:33 PM »
The world would have gotten over if something didn't look right, and there isn't anti-Mexico rhetoric when we play them but we aren't mingling pregame allowing over 1200 Mexico fans into Columbus not trying to drown out their punto chants

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: November 13, 2016, 02:49:02 PM »
I'm sure that makes me a bad person and I am sure after we qualify and I come back and look at what I say I may be embarrassed, but I'm still steamed from that game.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: November 13, 2016, 03:24:40 PM »
MiR I appreciate the sentiment that the US needs to go high, especially with recent events.  That doesn't mean we need to do the buddy buddy pic.  That doesn't mean we don't have practically zero reaction to Salcedo trying to give Pulisic a double PCL repair with that bullshit tackle.  I don't think all this was what necessarily cost us a mental edge, that clearly goes to JK's prep.  But it doesn't mean that we can't treat our worse, trashiest, rival as such.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6237 on: November 13, 2016, 04:02:20 PM »
Soccer  :lol:

Soccer fans  :lol: :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: November 13, 2016, 05:40:13 PM »
couldn't even find common ground with fsd on Mexico, this will truly never happen

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: November 13, 2016, 07:32:39 PM »
couldn't even find common ground with fsd on Mexico, this will truly never happen
I always forget he exists bc I don't venture into the pit often

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6240 on: November 13, 2016, 09:11:52 PM »
I couldn't care less how it looked. And if you think there was no less edge from our players vs any other WCQ or cup match vs Mexico you're blind.

It doesn't matter if you or I care about how it looked but US Soccer should absolutely care of their fans were in the stands acting like crazed, potentially racist hooligans. If you don't understand that is something that US Soccer should care about then you're an unhinged lunatic that we should be afraid of. It would also make you a raving hypocrite since you routinely complain about the behavior of Mexican fans.

As far as the edge of the game goes, there were nine cards. Without looking I'm almost certain that it's been multiple USA Mexico matches that didn't have that many.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: November 13, 2016, 09:21:04 PM »
Anyone else shocked that Mexico got a card for simulation?  It's like calling a handcheck or reach on Mike Anderson era Mizzou.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: November 13, 2016, 10:14:12 PM »

It doesn't matter if you or I care about how it looked but US Soccer should absolutely care of their fans were in the stands acting like crazed, potentially racist hooligans. If you don't understand that is something that US Soccer should care about then you're an unhinged lunatic that we should be afraid of. It would also make you a raving hypocrite since you routinely complain about the behavior of Mexican fans.

As far as the edge of the game goes, there were nine cards. Without looking I'm almost certain that it's been multiple USA Mexico matches that didn't have that many.
I'm not capable at looking at this fixture objectively and seeing that we lost it for the first time in my life(WCQ vs Mexico), and that this is the only time every 4 years we play them and have fans that out number them I take losing it in the fashion we did, and being able to see and hear their fans upsets me. Everything makes me mad about this rivalry and if I could look at thing objectively I'm sure I wouldn't disagree with you, but instead of trying to argue I won't and I will look forward to the game on Tuesday and try not to worry and think about the Mexican National Team until June.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: November 14, 2016, 12:11:13 AM »

I'm not capable at looking at this fixture objectively and seeing that we lost it for the first time in my life(WCQ vs Mexico), and that this is the only time every 4 years we play them and have fans that out number them I take losing it in the fashion we did, and being able to see and hear their fans upsets me. Everything makes me mad about this rivalry and if I could look at thing objectively I'm sure I wouldn't disagree with you, but instead of trying to argue I won't and I will look forward to the game on Tuesday and try not to worry and think about the Mexican National Team until June.

We're gonna win Tuesday night and Paul Carr can shove his incredibly stupid projections, after one damn match day, up his stupid ass.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: November 14, 2016, 05:16:24 AM »
If we win Tuesday everyone can shove what ever they want up their own asses because it'd be the first time we ever do it and I'll be so happy. P

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: November 14, 2016, 12:34:48 PM »
If we win Tuesday everyone can shove what ever they want up their own asses because it'd be the first time we ever do it and I'll be so happy.
The Word

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: November 15, 2016, 11:00:24 AM »
http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2016/11/15/13627186/not-even-christian-pulisic-can-save-u-s-soccer-from-jurgen-klinsmann

Good zingers:

The staggering amount of red, white, and blue cannot be understated: it was like the American flag mumped everyone's closets, and they wore the results. 

Yet every time the Evel Knievels and Rockys and Captains America show up in force to wave their Stars-and-Stripes pitchforks, Klinsmann produces a result to save his job. The Sword of Damocles hangs not by a thread, but by steel cable.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: November 15, 2016, 06:00:55 PM »
2 hours away.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: November 15, 2016, 07:07:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/foxsoccer/status/798693302388129792

Guessing it's a 4-4-2 but could be a 3-5-2 again.