Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 448191 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #6050 on: June 29, 2016, 01:36:56 PM »
scott, you really do need to turn off your iphone signature thing

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: June 29, 2016, 01:39:05 PM »
scott, you really do need to turn off your iphone signature thing
Scott, realmente es necesario que apague el que la firma iphone

???? , ??? ????????????? ????? , ????? ????????? iphone ??????? ????

scott , vous avez vraiment besoin d'éteindre votre truc de la signature de l'iphone

or at least post a video to help him out.  he is having a tough day.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: June 29, 2016, 01:40:11 PM »
we're not exactly oozing with DM talent.  maybe we can just move Cameron up and our two new replacement CBs will make ronaldo retire too?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: June 29, 2016, 01:44:01 PM »
why bother?  Missing the olympics and probably the next world cup is fine.  everything is fine.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: June 29, 2016, 01:44:43 PM »
we're not exactly oozing with DM talent.  maybe we can just move Cameron up and our two new replacement CBs will make ronaldo retire too?

center backs don't have to run as much. i know he's getting long in the tooth but maybe we could convince LD10 to come back?  :pray:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: June 29, 2016, 01:45:03 PM »
the (failed) olympics team is made up entirely of the people you want to replace the current players with

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: June 29, 2016, 01:48:56 PM »
the (failed) olympics team is made up entirely of the people you want to replace the current players with
you don't think I don't realize what is in our pipeline?  please show my posts with glowing support for the job JK has done restructuring everything.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: June 29, 2016, 01:55:20 PM »
Then what the eff do you want at CB? Some 15 year old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: June 29, 2016, 01:58:08 PM »
Then what the eff do you want at CB? Some 15 year old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes exactly that.  Actually, eff it, lets go 12.  Get a solid 18 years out of them.

Or you could read my rough ridin' post where I said I don't think he is a solid long term hire and we should move away from him instead of sticking with a lesser option, like, for example we have done for 2 years with Beckerman.  That second part isn't comparing Beckerman and Brooks or Johnson, but rather an indictment of JK for playing politics with the roster too much. Simple enough for you?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: June 29, 2016, 02:05:43 PM »
did you read something last week about how JK sucks and our youth system sucks, write up a mad lib post, and then just have the misfortune of the wheel stopping on one of our best (and youngest) players that JK actually doesn't jack around with much?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6060 on: June 29, 2016, 02:06:51 PM »
Legitimate question for you: who should be on the roster instead of Beckerman, who is this younger better option that would be playing if Jürgen wasn't the coach and technical director?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: June 29, 2016, 02:07:51 PM »
did you read something last week about how JK sucks and our youth system sucks, write up a mad lib post, and then just have the misfortune of the wheel stopping on one of our best (and youngest) players that JK actually doesn't jack around with much?
if our "best and youngest" players can't mark on basic rough ridin' set pieces against mediocre teams we are looking at a decade of pain. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: June 29, 2016, 02:08:54 PM »
Legitimate question for you: who should be on the roster instead of Beckerman, who is this younger better option that would be playing if Jürgen wasn't the coach and technical director?
You can make arguments for playing different players and forcing Bradley to play farther back, have FJ play in that spot, tell Jones not to get a red card but that doesn't solve the issue of Beckerman needing to be on the roster.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: June 29, 2016, 02:21:21 PM »

:lol:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: June 29, 2016, 03:34:05 PM »
Jesus Christ I'm watching this thread burn to the ground before my eyes
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:38:49 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: June 29, 2016, 03:40:08 PM »
edn I'll level w you. Can you name two center backs in our talent pool who are younger than John Brooks and have a chance to be better than him in 4 years? (let alone 2)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: June 30, 2016, 11:02:45 AM »
i was just wondering if they're all huge pussies or just Messi

Messi isn't a pussy because he wants to retire, his hyperemotional reaction to missing a penalty when he's one of the best players of all time makes him a mentally weak puss. And yes all of those guys having the reaction of "fine I'll just quit" like they are 8 years old is emblematic of the fact that the Argentine side has gone so long without a trophy.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: June 30, 2016, 12:12:07 PM »
Maybe he will jump all the way from the hot seat to England's seat :excited:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: June 30, 2016, 12:13:33 PM »
weird that england is interested in him based on the same results certain american fans ITT want him canned for

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: June 30, 2016, 12:26:24 PM »
England's need in a National Team manager is way different from ours. I think he would be successful with England.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: June 30, 2016, 12:56:09 PM »
see you guys in a few months. i will probably enjoy couple G&T's for the match against T&T   :drool:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: June 30, 2016, 06:15:44 PM »
edn I'll level w you. Can you name two center backs in our talent pool who are younger than John Brooks and have a chance to be better than him in 4 years? (let alone 2)
I'd suggest you go back and re-read by posts.  Just because I don't think he is a long term solution doesn't mean, nor does it require me to have someone ready right now to take his spot.  Yes, he does have some brilliant moments, but those are surpassed by absolute blunders (in multiple tourneys). 

Also I'd remind you, with your 4 year window, Pulisic would have been 14, Green, what 15?  I think some of my issue is ultimately an indictment of how JK is developing talent.  Some seems to progress, some drops off the face of the world, and some seems to plateau with no movement one way or the other.  I'm not saying Brooks or Johnson, especially at their age, is dead in the water.  But they need to show more consistency in my opinion to be a long term 7 or 10 year option. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: June 30, 2016, 06:23:31 PM »
What I'm saying to you is the last sentence in your post is rough ridin' absurd.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: June 30, 2016, 06:27:56 PM »
What I'm saying to you is the last sentence in your post is rough ridin' absurd.

Just ignore, he's a veteran pit'r