Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 448116 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #3825 on: August 10, 2014, 12:02:27 PM »
11-0 in the first game. 1 goal 3 assists. Really wet fields. Like playing on a lake. Competition sucks, probably a waste of time and talent that dobberjr is even here.

jk on the last part

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: August 10, 2014, 08:02:25 PM »
Well, it was a decent weekend. Took home the silver. Got beat 3-5 in the finals. No goals, no assists. Looked out of shape in the last game. dobberjr had fun and made some new friends. Isn't that what it's really all about?

Had BWW for lunch and Goodberries after the last game! gE!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: August 15, 2014, 09:23:51 AM »

:peek:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: August 15, 2014, 10:15:11 AM »
Will take!

The Big Train

« Reply #3829 on: August 16, 2014, 12:21:03 AM »
So is there a button i can click to remove myself from this thread, like i don't want this non-sport thread popping up in my replies thread button. TIA

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: August 16, 2014, 12:23:07 AM »
you can click less buttons

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: August 18, 2014, 08:02:55 PM »
Jermaine Jones nominated Charlie Sheen to do the ALS thing.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: August 19, 2014, 10:51:55 AM »
Brian Sciaretta: "Report: 1860 Munich pursuing American forward Juan Agudelo: http://t.co/B88K3R4md9"

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: August 19, 2014, 11:52:25 AM »
If I live tweet dobber jr's matches, how many people would read them?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: August 19, 2014, 11:53:03 AM »

If I live tweet dobber jr's matches, how many people would read them?

Gonna win 'em all!
@Trim, would you be willing to fill in for matches that I cannot attend?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: August 19, 2014, 07:30:44 PM »
dobberjr. update:
Came home from middle school practice (grades 6-8)..."hey dad, I made the starting 11."
Dobber:  ":insert Vince Lombardi speech mixed with Cliff Huxtable:"

What does this mean for gE? Now, in addition to Ninja updates, you will also be getting Angels updates!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: August 19, 2014, 07:32:14 PM »

dobberjr. update:
Came home from middle school practice (grades 6-8)..."hey dad, I made the starting 11."

What does this mean for gE? Now, in addition to Ninja updates, you will also be getting Angels updates!

Gonna win 'em all!
thats grades 6 thru 8, not 6 thru :cool smiley face: (if that's how it's showing up on your tapatalk)

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: August 21, 2014, 02:44:58 PM »
"Tim Howard to take one-year break from #USMNT until Sept. 2015. Not retiring, wants to spend more time with family. More on @ProSoccerTalk."

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: August 21, 2014, 03:03:25 PM »

dobberjr. update:

Gonna win 'em all!
thats grades 6 thru 8, not 6 thru :cool smiley face: (if that's how it's showing up on your tapatalk)

Gonna win 'em all!
I don't think you all understand that dobberjr is a 6th grader.
Also, they are called the Crusaders, not the Angels.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: August 22, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »

dobberjr. update:

Gonna win 'em all!

Gonna win 'em all!
Good job dobberjr, sounds like a stud/boss.  Who is his fav. player.  (I reserve the right to rescind my gj if it is not one of the USMNT players.)
Keep giving us updates, I love to read them.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3840 on: August 23, 2014, 06:28:00 AM »

dobberjr. update:

Gonna win 'em all!

Gonna win 'em all!
Good job dobberjr, sounds like a stud/boss.  Who is his fav. player.  (I reserve the right to rescind my gj if it is not one of the USMNT players.)
Keep giving us updates, I love to read them.
I'd say Dempsey and Rinaldo (No idea on proper spelling)

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: August 23, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: August 23, 2014, 05:08:30 PM »

Ugh; Seattle, Vancouver, UMKC, et al

Wonder why no one complains about Wembley

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #3843 on: August 25, 2014, 04:29:00 AM »
dobber family weekend update:
dobberjr had the first game and it was played on a field that appeared to be a former training ground for the Egyptian bomb defusing squad.
It was a game against the team that jr had just played with as a guest player 2 weeks ago. A great rivalry over the past couple of years. It was a shaky start that saw the Ninjas down 0-2 late in the first before a solid effort from 15 went off a defenders leg who was trying to clear the ball. The result was an own goal that pulled the ninjas to within one.
Early in the second the diablos scored a third and sloppy play by the ninjas appeared to have them doomed. Near the 50th minute (they play 2 30 min halves) one of our new players (we picked some twins in the offseason) scored his first goal as a ninja. It was a real piece of work and had the parents excited for things to come the rest of the year. 4 minutes later, the coach's boy (who is not fat and slow) had the equalizer on a thru ball. Shortly thereafter, dobber jr had his first real opportunity on a charge from the wing. After beating his man he appeared to be going in for a certain goal, but his shot went right at the goalie while the open net to either side taunted dobber jr. In the last minute dobber jr had one more opportunity from the 18. If was headed toward the lower corner but bent left and went right by the pole. The game ended in a sloppy 3-3 tie.

Dobberette's game was late in the afternoon. Ominous clouds hung over the field threatening rain which never came. The Lightning also appeared to not show up for the game and they, too found themselves down 0-2 midway through the first. But then a great and glorious thing happened. As the ball was being kicked around like a sack if potatoes in front of the other teams goal, the goalie thought the ball was going left but it got deflected to the right. Standing there, 4 yards from the goal, was dobberette, and she made slow work of the goal by barely rolling it to ths back of the net!  1-2! Lightning scored! Dobberette scored the first goal for the newly formed team!  She had a couple more opportunities in the next 2 minutes, but her dad has evidently not spent enough time running drills in the back yard because her foot eye coordination leaves a lot to be desired! The Storm (opponent) scored another goal late in the first and it was 1-3 at half. The lightning scored early in the second and then again shortly after that and if was tied at three. With 5 minutes left, the lightning continued to strike and took the lead for the first time. The final nail came with 2 minutes left and the Lightning came away with a 5-3 win. I found out that our head coach is all about winning. I will update with stories if applicable. He is also a Jayhawk. I am one of the assistants. Ette's greatest improvements in this game were her understanding of staying between the ball and the goal on defense and her overall reaction to coaching instructions as the were being communicated. I was very proud of how hard she played.
At the start of her game, ette said, "Coach dobber, Mrsdobber said if I score a goal we'd have ice cream tonight." ( Mrsdobber doesn't understand that you can play an outstanding game of soccer without scoring a goal).
Anyway, after dinner we were scooping out ice cream and toddler dobber said, "can I have some candy in my ice cream?" I told him that we were out of candy, and he said, "dad-gum". We all laughed and I knew I'd share that with my gE buds. I also realized that toddler dobber needs to stop watching Cars movies or he is going to be a redneck.

Gonna win 'em all!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:33:40 AM by slobber »

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)
« Reply #3844 on: August 25, 2014, 07:13:41 AM »
dobber jr's first middle school game is tonight. I finally confirmed the mascot is Angels. He was pretty pumped when I dropped him off at school this morning. I told him to rip their hearts out and then pray for them (Angels related).

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: August 25, 2014, 08:32:12 AM »
dobber family weekend update:
dobberjr had the first game and it was played on a field that appeared to be a former training ground for the Egyptian bomb defusing squad.
It was a game against the team that jr had just played with as a guest player 2 weeks ago. A great rivalry over the past couple of years. It was a shaky start that saw the Ninjas down 0-2 late in the first before a solid effort from 15 went off a defenders leg who was trying to clear the ball. The result was an own goal that pulled the ninjas to within one.
Early in the second the diablos scored a third and sloppy play by the ninjas appeared to have them doomed. Near the 50th minute (they play 2 30 min halves) one of our new players (we picked some twins in the offseason) scored his first goal as a ninja. It was a real piece of work and had the parents excited for things to come the rest of the year. 4 minutes later, the coach's boy (who is not fat and slow) had the equalizer on a thru ball. Shortly thereafter, dobber jr had his first real opportunity on a charge from the wing. After beating his man he appeared to be going in for a certain goal, but his shot went right at the goalie while the open net to either side taunted dobber jr. In the last minute dobber jr had one more opportunity from the 18. If was headed toward the lower corner but bent left and went right by the pole. The game ended in a sloppy 3-3 tie.

Dobberette's game was late in the afternoon. Ominous clouds hung over the field threatening rain which never came. The Lightning also appeared to not show up for the game and they, too found themselves down 0-2 midway through the first. But then a great and glorious thing happened. As the ball was being kicked around like a sack if potatoes in front of the other teams goal, the goalie thought the ball was going left but it got deflected to the right. Standing there, 4 yards from the goal, was dobberette, and she made slow work of the goal by barely rolling it to ths back of the net!  1-2! Lightning scored! Dobberette scored the first goal for the newly formed team!  She had a couple more opportunities in the next 2 minutes, but her dad has evidently not spent enough time running drills in the back yard because her foot eye coordination leaves a lot to be desired! The Storm (opponent) scored another goal late in the first and it was 1-3 at half. The lightning scored early in the second and then again shortly after that and if was tied at three. With 5 minutes left, the lightning continued to strike and took the lead for the first time. The final nail came with 2 minutes left and the Lightning came away with a 5-3 win. I found out that our head coach is all about winning. I will update with stories if applicable. He is also a Jayhawk. I am one of the assistants. Ette's greatest improvements in this game were her understanding of staying between the ball and the goal on defense and her overall reaction to coaching instructions as the were being communicated. I was very proud of how hard she played.
At the start of her game, ette said, "Coach dobber, Mrsdobber said if I score a goal we'd have ice cream tonight." ( Mrsdobber doesn't understand that you can play an outstanding game of soccer without scoring a goal).
Anyway, after dinner we were scooping out ice cream and toddler dobber said, "can I have some candy in my ice cream?" I told him that we were out of candy, and he said, "dad-gum". We all laughed and I knew I'd share that with my gE buds. I also realized that toddler dobber needs to stop watching Cars movies or he is going to be a redneck.

Gonna win 'em all!

grats to anyone who reads this whole thing

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: August 25, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »
You know you read it. Don't lie sunny, don't lie.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: August 25, 2014, 08:45:28 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

I read them when they're shorter

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: August 25, 2014, 08:58:09 AM »

Gonna win 'em all!

I read them when they're shorter
It was the start of the season. jr played a rival and tied. Ette is on a new team and scored the first goal in what led to a 5-3 come from behind win. Toddler might be a redneck.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: August 25, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »
 :thumbs: