Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 448316 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Guys, what was up with K-P Boateng not starting? Imo, Ghana's best player.

never really known his whole story. always kinda pictured him like a more talented benoit assou-ekotto (talented but doesn't live/die by his trade) but haven't followed him that closely

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Guys, what was up with K-P Boateng not starting? Imo, Ghana's best player.

never really known his whole story. always kinda pictured him like a more talented benoit assou-ekotto (talented but doesn't live/die by his trade) but haven't followed him that closely

Probably accurate. Great player though. Ghana has some really enjoyable players. Muntari, Gyan, Boateng, Ayew bros :love:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
absolutely - i would cheer for them 24/7/365 if not for the whole wisghansin thing :cheers:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
absolutely - i would cheer for them 24/7/365 if not for the whole wisghansin thing :cheers:

I don't like the Wiscy comparo for Ghana because of play style. I do for Houston.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Brooks is now officially cap-tied to USMNT.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Have you guys discovered any long lost Eskimo brothers yet

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
Have you guys discovered any long lost Eskimo brothers yet

:lol:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Did you seem Demps in the presser after the game?  I saw one slow mo from a diff angle, absolutely brutal hit, I'm not sure how he finished that game.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
omg go party you dorks

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Our players also got a full match feel for the climate, they shouldn't be as winded/cramping against Portugal

True, but Darke said it's even hotter and more humid where the next game is.  :ohno:

I don't recall anyone cramping, our fitness wasn't a problem. You can pull a hamstring in any weather.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
On a scale of not that big of deal to a super amazing huge deal, how big is it that Pepe won't be playing in the US game?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
a draw against Portugal should see us through.  I don't know if i see ghana beating portugal tho (not that the result of that game would matter unless extreme blowout)

Not only do I see Ghana beating Portugal, but I've convinced myself that they are getting at least a point from Germany, obviously a nightmare scenario for us. The matchup of the Boateng brothers should be entertaining. Portugal is trash, we need those three points. The World Cup historically is filed with trends who lost their first match but advanced well into the knockout stage, none off them lost 4-0.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
On a scale of not that big of deal to a super amazing huge deal, how big is it that Pepe won't be playing in the US game?

Not a big deal at all, probably better for Portugal since he can't get red carded sitting in his hotel room. Although I don't think he would have tried his normal cheap shot bullshit against any of our regular starters up front. He might have tried Johannsson though as Pepe is nothing but a rough ridin' punk ass bully.

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile

I'd say it's a big deal.  He's a world class defender and plays for the best club team in the world.  Portugal has a good stable of defenders, but Pepe being gone is magnified since it looks like Coentrão will be out, and possibly Almeida as well. 

They still have plenty of weapons, and the effect of the defenders being gone will be dependent on how often the US gets into the attacking third and pushes their back line.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Beating Portugal would send me into a really long period of worthlessness at the office

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

I'd say it's a big deal.  He's a world class defender and plays for the best club team in the world.  Portugal has a good stable of defenders, but Pepe being gone is magnified since it looks like Coentrão will be out, and possibly Almeida as well. 

They still have plenty of weapons, and the effect of the defenders being gone will be dependent on how often the US gets into the attacking third and pushes their back line.

I agree with this

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
it's the forward almeida that's out and not the defender almeida, but 50% of their starting D ain't bad :)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
it's the forward almeida that's out and not the defender almeida, but 50% of their starting D ain't bad :)

I didn't even know there was a defender named Almeida.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
a draw against Portugal should see us through.  I don't know if i see ghana beating portugal tho (not that the result of that game would matter unless extreme blowout)

Not only do I see Ghana beating Portugal, but I've convinced myself that they are getting at least a point from Germany, obviously a nightmare scenario for us. The matchup of the Boateng brothers should be entertaining. Portugal is trash, we need those three points. The World Cup historically is filed with trends who lost their first match but advanced well into the knockout stage, none off them lost 4-0.

I wouldn't call Ghana getting 4 points a "nightmare scenario."

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Sounds like Eto'o is out for tomorrow against Croatia.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Dempsey's in Lawrence was quite fun yesterday for this whole soccer shindig. I was impressed.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
First off, HEY HEY LOOK AT US GOOOOO!!!!  :D

Secondly, I'm really glad we finally beat Ghana so I can start enjoying them. Their fans and players were a real treat, I love when they have their little sing songs!

And lastly, Portugal is beaten down and in total shambles. I really really hope Ronnie comes out and has a bad start. If we could get him to play annoyed and uninspired, we can absolutely win that game too.

Start to dream, friends.