Poll

I'm thinking of wrecking threads everywhere until this shit gets fixed or I get banned, should I?

Si
35 (71.4%)
No
14 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: US Men's National Team Soccer Thread! (lower division thread)  (Read 447926 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Who are the American Outlaws?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

they're one of the usmnt supporters groups that always get dressed up for the matches and stuff...  did they get referenced on the broadcast?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

they're one of the usmnt supporters groups that always get dressed up for the matches and stuff...  did they get referenced on the broadcast?

wow, great name.

they were expecting a tribute in the tenth minute and mentioned them a lot.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
this is pretty terrible television

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What would Donovan actually add to this squad? Everything he brings to the table, someone else brings more of, except for being a step behind and a defensive liability.

Absolutely, there are better players than him on the roster. Julian Green is absolutely not one of them. Same thing goes for Goodson. He's much better than Brooks. Anyone arguing for LD to be on the roster is just arguing for there to be the best 23 players going to the World Cup which is only every four years. Honestly, I don't disagree with that.

i always find it funny when people think they know more than a head coach about player talent and ability, especially at Jurgen's level. If he included Green instead of Donovan, it's because he thinks Green provides a greater benefit to the team than Donovan.

For fucks sakes man, you're better than that. What a lame response, this is a message board if you don't want to talk about this stuff then GTFO.

If you're claiming that Donovan only provides goal scoring, I don't agree, then you're calling him a poacher and he's 10x the poacher that Wondo is and I love Wondo. Fact is that either Green or Wondo aren't playing at all and if there will be someone who will have their ass stapled to the bench then why not Landon.

We will never know this, but I'd admit I was wrong if the coaches got an indication that Landon would not be happy as a role player or a no player then I'd be okay with it, he does have a history of not being the best teammate ever.

Did you guys see Klinsmann's son tweet mocking Landon?

didn't seen this until now, but wow is it so wrong on so many levels. try and come to terms with the fact that Donovan isn't what he once was, and that a players legacy doesn't change what he is today. i love how everyone assumes Green will be on the bench, and that Jurgen's family totally hates America. gmafb.

How often do you watch Landon and LA these days? Serious question. Also, how many times have you seen Julian play? Serious question.

Get the eff out of my face with all this "we're not allowed to question Jurgen" bull crap.

OFTEN.

Of course you are allowed to question Jurgen, but the butt hurt coming out of this is so beyond stupid. The same people that are pissed about this are the same people who were very upset that Bocanegra was outed; the same people that were pissed about Bradley getting canned; the same people who still think that American's can just go out there and win on good ol' American gusto. What Klinsmann is trying to do is far more important than hanging onto the mediocre dreams that American soccer was built on. In addition to the fact that Donovan is not a fit with the current team for many reasons (style, tactics, physical ability), his absence benefits the growth of US soccer and it's future. I'm not saying Donovan isn't the best American to ever play the game, because he is. There is no denying that. I'm just saying that he is not what he was, and American soccer has moved in a different, better direction. Stop feeding into the bullshit notion that being the best American to ever play the game equates to being anything but an average to below average soccer player in the world spectrum.

This is amazing redirection. In my post I mentioned how I think the current version of Landon would fit on this team. Asava responds by talking about legacies, past USMNT personnel decisions, and most comically Jurgen's country of origin. Let's for a second pretend like we didn't spend a while page in that other thread talking about how the coach doesn't need to be American. If you don't want to talk about Landon Donovan that's fine, but I don't want to talk about oscar Arena, Cobi Jones, or where Suni Gulati was raised either.

Very very impressive strawman you built there asava though, bravo.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
My neighbor does international sales for Garmin and told me he's going to the USA vs Portugal game, and some others that aren't USA. I bet he has a great time.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Hey, so this is in SF tonight!

I kinda wish I was going.

seems easier than breaking into their practices!

It's like $60 for awful tickets.  :dunno:

This crowd is crap

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

wow, great name.

they were expecting a tribute in the tenth minute and mentioned them a lot.

That tribute was crap

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
watching this in a nursing home in SD on mute is the most appropriate setting i could have found for this piece of crap

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I know it won't be but I wish it were this windy for our group stage matches.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
watching this in a nursing home in SD on mute is the most appropriate setting i could have found for this piece of crap

So it's good that I didn't go?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Jozy getting all 90 makes me think that he is competing with Green for a starting spot. I'm guessing that Julian will play all 90 against Turkey, and if Jurgen is ready to have a starter for the WC he will play about 60 against Nigeria and will be substituted for with either Bacon or Wondo. If neither has earned the WC start they will split 45/45 against Nigeria.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So it's good that I didn't go?

It's pretty doo doo and the announcers also said it's gotten quite cold.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It gets cold every night here.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
mich, that $60 will do you much better on a family vacation

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Romero is on the scroll constantly which is nice.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Left the watch party on the field at Sporting Park like three minutes before we scored our goals. :angry:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
What would Donovan actually add to this squad? Everything he brings to the table, someone else brings more of, except for being a step behind and a defensive liability.

Absolutely, there are better players than him on the roster. Julian Green is absolutely not one of them. Same thing goes for Goodson. He's much better than Brooks. Anyone arguing for LD to be on the roster is just arguing for there to be the best 23 players going to the World Cup which is only every four years. Honestly, I don't disagree with that.

i always find it funny when people think they know more than a head coach about player talent and ability, especially at Jurgen's level. If he included Green instead of Donovan, it's because he thinks Green provides a greater benefit to the team than Donovan.

For fucks sakes man, you're better than that. What a lame response, this is a message board if you don't want to talk about this stuff then GTFO.

If you're claiming that Donovan only provides goal scoring, I don't agree, then you're calling him a poacher and he's 10x the poacher that Wondo is and I love Wondo. Fact is that either Green or Wondo aren't playing at all and if there will be someone who will have their ass stapled to the bench then why not Landon.

We will never know this, but I'd admit I was wrong if the coaches got an indication that Landon would not be happy as a role player or a no player then I'd be okay with it, he does have a history of not being the best teammate ever.

didn't seen this until now, but wow is it so wrong on so many levels. try and come to terms with the fact that Donovan isn't what he once was, and that a players legacy doesn't change what he is today. i love how everyone assumes Green will be on the bench, and that Jurgen's family totally hates America. gmafb.

How often do you watch Landon and LA these days? Serious question. Also, how many times have you seen Julian play? Serious question.

Get the eff out of my face with all this "we're not allowed to question Jurgen" bull crap.

OFTEN.

Of course you are allowed to question Jurgen, but the butt hurt coming out of this is so beyond stupid. The same people that are pissed about this are the same people who were very upset that Bocanegra was outed; the same people that were pissed about Bradley getting canned; the same people who still think that American's can just go out there and win on good ol' American gusto. What Klinsmann is trying to do is far more important than hanging onto the mediocre dreams that American soccer was built on. In addition to the fact that Donovan is not a fit with the current team for many reasons (style, tactics, physical ability), his absence benefits the growth of US soccer and it's future. I'm not saying Donovan isn't the best American to ever play the game, because he is. There is no denying that. I'm just saying that he is not what he was, and American soccer has moved in a different, better direction. Stop feeding into the bullshit notion that being the best American to ever play the game equates to being anything but an average to below average soccer player in the world spectrum.

This is amazing redirection. In my post I mentioned how I think the current version of Landon would fit on this team. Asava responds by talking about legacies, past USMNT personnel decisions, and most comically Jurgen's country of origin. Let's for a second pretend like we didn't spend a while page in that other thread talking about how the coach doesn't need to be American. If you don't want to talk about Landon Donovan that's fine, but I don't want to talk about oscar Arena, Cobi Jones, or where Suni Gulati was raised either.

also pointed out the laughable assumption that Green (not Wondo, but should have said Wondo as well) were going to have their "asses stapled to the bench." the only time you talked about Donovan's soccer abilities was when you claimed he was 10X the poacher Wondo is, which, historically, is true, but not presently. keep grasping for straws and maybe you will finally grasp ahold of something substantial.

i wasn't saying that Donovan only provides scoring. he doesn't. at this point he does not add or provide the team with any ability that is not already available to a higher degree via other players. Zusi is all around better than what Donovan would be on the right side, and brooks provides explosiveness in a sub role. Dempsey, Mix and Wondo give better attacking ability in the air and in support of the the front. Jozy, Johannson, and Green provide more pace, touch and creativeness. Bradley is head and shoulders above anyone on the team.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:19:09 AM by asava »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

OFTEN.

also pointed out the laughable assumption that Green (not Wondo, but should have said Wondo as well) were going to have their "asses stapled to the bench." the only time you talked about Donovan's soccer abilities was when you claimed he was 10X the poacher Wondo is, which, historically, is true, but not presently. keep grasping for straws and maybe you will finally grasp ahold of something substantial.

i wasn't saying that Donovan only provides scoring. he doesn't. at this point he does not add or provide the team with any ability that is not already available to a higher degree via other players. Zusi is all around better than what Donovan would be on the right side, and brooks provides explosiveness in a sub role. Dempsey, Mix and Wondo give better attacking ability in the air and in support of the the front. Jozy, Johannson, and Green provide more pace, touch and creativeness. Bradley is head and shoulders above anyone on the team.

:confused:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

OFTEN.

:confused:

whooops... Bedoya.  :facepalm:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Our view on the field last night during the USMNT game.

We sat right where Benny took that free kick that went off the crossbar early on. :gocho:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
HIPSTERS!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:peek: my son and i are in that picture
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.