Author Topic: The trade wars begin  (Read 18771 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r √Člitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The trade wars begin
« Reply #950 on: March 08, 2019, 03:02:18 PM »
I just think if the great bendobama was able to get China to agree to IP protection then President deals should be able to as well.

It is a pretty important issue.

Or essentially accelerated China's highly censored Internet and essentially allowed them to create mandatory closed source items like home routers that government could easily access with no hope of re-writing any software to change their accessibility.

Please expand upon this and how it relates to what you quoted.

Restrictions on open source IT equipment for example.  If the state (China) has those restrictions in their hip pocket then your home router is essentially designed by the state.  See any problems there?

I get the problem you are trying to explain as far as China creating hardeare with backdoors . I don't follow who is restricting whom to produce open source router firmware.  Maybe a link would help explain better.

TPP prohibited member countries from instituting laws that mandated code review or mandated the release of source code. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r √Člitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: The trade wars begin
« Reply #951 on: March 08, 2019, 03:51:29 PM »
I just think if the great bendobama was able to get China to agree to IP protection then President deals should be able to as well.

It is a pretty important issue.

Or essentially accelerated China's highly censored Internet and essentially allowed them to create mandatory closed source items like home routers that government could easily access with no hope of re-writing any software to change their accessibility.

Please expand upon this and how it relates to what you quoted.

Restrictions on open source IT equipment for example.  If the state (China) has those restrictions in their hip pocket then your home router is essentially designed by the state.  See any problems there?

I get the problem you are trying to explain as far as China creating hardeare with backdoors . I don't follow who is restricting whom to produce open source router firmware.  Maybe a link would help explain better.

TPP prohibited member countries from instituting laws that mandated code review or mandated the release of source code.

Agreed that would be a bad provision.