Author Topic: The trade wars begin  (Read 116203 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: The trade wars begin
« Reply #875 on: February 24, 2019, 09:33:54 AM »
Jfc that dude is an idiot.

It’s unreal
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 24, 2019, 10:01:08 AM »
Pretty dumb. 

But not as dumb as doing something like signing an absolutely worthless nuclear weapons MOU with a Middle Eastern country that had an expiration date.  (and purposely doing it that way because you knew congress would have never signed off on the same thing if presented to them to ratify in treaty form.   All the while still allowing said Middle Eastern country the capability and with fresh funds dropped off on the tarmac to perfect nuclear weapons delivery systems.  While also doing virtually nothing to stop same Middle Eastern country from propagating  their asymmetric warfare capabilities across the Middle East and for that matter, the globe. 

Also at the same time doing absolutely rough ridin' nothing to engage said Middle Eastern countries primary consultant/supplier of WMD delivery/development capabilities).

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 24, 2019, 10:11:12 AM »
No.  Obama :curse:

Thanks for the concise answer Dax.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 24, 2019, 10:16:23 AM »
I read that pivot and an image of Zion Williamson's shoe popped into my head.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 24, 2019, 10:19:10 AM »
The video also shows how he can't stand to have anyone upstage him. I think he'd rather look ignorant than (what he perceives to be) weak. Though, I also think he has no concept of how ignorant he actually is.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 24, 2019, 10:23:14 AM »
It went way over your dumb little head The Big Tuck.

It is pretty laughable that LibDerp Nation would want to once again sign on to something that at the end of the day could be ignored by one/both/all sides with potentially zero legally enforceable ramifications.  Thus leaving all sides to once again chart their own course of potentially punitive measures against the other with no formalized framework only adding to the climate of animosity and thus making future meeting of the minds even more difficult.

On the flip side where Trump is dumb is that MOU’s allow for unilateral executive branch action . . . as we already know. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 24, 2019, 10:47:09 AM »
So is that a yes or no on feeling duped and regretting your vote for trump?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 24, 2019, 11:02:53 AM »

I’m not getting the outrage. Everything I’ve read says the MOU’s are the pretext to binding agreements.  The trade guy implies that these MOU’s are binding, if so why not call them what they are straight out? MOU’s are often times not legally binding. 

This is just looking for crap to complain about IMO.  Who in the hell would ever sign anything with the Chinese that wasn’t binding?  Hell a binding agreement will likely be rendered worthless by those guys anyway. But at least that gives a pretext for formally announcing a withdrawal from the agreement.   

The Paris Climate accord (for example) is another essentially meaningless MOU, that the Chinese signed and then promptly completely ignored.  Meaningless. 

What’s up with this new LibDerp love affair with signing ultimately meaningless documents?   I guess the ceremonial feel good part that makes you believe you actually accomplished something.

How positively Chamberlainish. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 24, 2019, 11:26:57 AM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 24, 2019, 11:29:09 AM »
Lib, stop acting all high and mighty when you took the time to write in a random board member. JFC.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 24, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »

I’m not getting the outrage. Everything I’ve read says the MOU’s are the pretext to binding agreements.  The trade guy implies that these MOU’s are binding, if so why not call them what they are straight out? MOU’s are often times not legally binding. 

This is just looking for crap to complain about IMO.  Who in the hell would ever sign anything with the Chinese that wasn’t binding?  Hell a binding agreement will likely be rendered worthless by those guys anyway. But at least that gives a pretext for formally announcing a withdrawal from the agreement.   

The Paris Climate accord (for example) is another essentially meaningless MOU, that the Chinese signed and then promptly completely ignored.  Meaningless. 

What’s up with this new LibDerp love affair with signing ultimately meaningless documents?   I guess the ceremonial feel good part that makes you believe you actually accomplished something.

Your defense of all things trump knows no bounds.  Appreciate the hustle.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The trade wars begin
« Reply #886 on: February 24, 2019, 12:47:37 PM »

You’re usual inability to explain why this is even an issue is both unparalleled   and expected. 

But I get it, you guys prefer meaningless pieces of paper.   

As I said:  Chamberlainish

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 24, 2019, 12:48:39 PM »
Amazing

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 24, 2019, 12:49:32 PM »
Lib, stop acting all high and mighty when you took the time to write in a random board member. JFC.

He didn’t go Jill Stein?  What a pussy!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 24, 2019, 12:51:42 PM »
Why practice what you preach when you can lol at everyone else who had the stones to make a decision for their country?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 24, 2019, 01:05:47 PM »
Why practice what you preach when you can lol at everyone else who had the stones to make a decision for their country?

Just so very very sad.

I tell ya, SMDH

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 24, 2019, 02:38:47 PM »
So yes on the regret and being duped?

WackyCat08, feel free to answer as well, you seem eager to talk about the subject

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 24, 2019, 02:41:42 PM »
We’re just lol’ing at your zero stones. My life has not been effected since 2016. Sorry for the rest of you.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 24, 2019, 02:42:00 PM »

You’re usual inability to explain why this is even an issue is both unparalleled   and expected. 

But I get it, you guys prefer meaningless pieces of paper.   

As I said:  Chamberlainish

The president being a moron isn't an issue at all. It's basic fact and this is another example.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 24, 2019, 02:52:39 PM »
We’re just lol’ing at your zero stones. My life has not been effected since 2016. Sorry for the rest of you.

this always strikes me as the weirdest talking point people have about politics.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 24, 2019, 02:56:04 PM »

this always strikes me as the weirdest talking point people have about politics.

I mean I actually agree that 2019 politics in the US is very alienating and that most people realize that they have little impact or influence on changing anything, but it is an odd point to use as some sort of defense for things going well.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 24, 2019, 03:03:50 PM »
I’m not saying things “are going well”. I’m saying literally almost nothing has changed other than ppl being more enraged than normal. Acting like the media hasn’t fully tilted a certain direction is laughable too. I can’t even watch a SNL opening monologue without sighing. I mean, we all get it.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 24, 2019, 03:09:27 PM »
I’m not saying things “are going well”. I’m saying literally almost nothing has changed other than ppl being more enraged than normal. Acting like the media hasn’t fully tilted a certain direction is laughable too. I can’t even watch a SNL opening monologue without sighing. I mean, we all get it.

I don't usually measure political change by SNL cold opens (or ever watch SNL at all).  But if the media/SNL are enraging to you, why do you feel compelled to watch it?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 24, 2019, 03:14:32 PM »
I’m just going about my normal programming. It’s impossible to not run into some political slant these days. It’s just more aggressive than what I’m use to. When it’s running into ESPN programming I know how crazy it’s gotten.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 24, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »
I’m just going about my normal programming. It’s impossible to not run into some political slant these days. It’s just more aggressive than what I’m use to. When it’s running into ESPN programming I know how crazy it’s gotten.

Trump shares no blame in that?