Author Topic: Open Water II: Adrift  (Read 1874 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Open Water II: Adrift
« on: May 22, 2010, 04:52:29 PM »
Anyone seen it?  I watched it last night and it's pretty much incredibly lame/awesome.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Open Water II: Adrift
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »
I saw it. As soon as they figured out they couldn't get back on the boat, I was like "Why don't they just tie their swimsuits together and make a rope? Sure enough, a couple of hours later... Dumbasses.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
I couldn't figure out what they should try to do.  Well, other than swimming for shore.  It made me think about the dead man's float I learned in swimming lessons.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 08:53:32 AM »
I couldn't figure out what they should try to do.  Well, other than swimming for shore.  It made me think about the dead man's float I learned in swimming lessons.
Is playing dead a good strategy during water beast attacks?

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 09:51:02 AM »

I didn't see it from the beginning, but I didn't see any water beasts.  It's so that you don't have to expend a bunch of energy trying to tread water for a long period of time.  I definitely would have used it if I was in the movie.

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »
Yes. But you really got to sell the "dead" part. Best thing to do first is drown yourself. That way sharks are less likely to kill you because you'll already be dead. Next thing to do is convince God that you deserve a second chance. Maybe he will listen... :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 11:41:23 AM »
Yes. But you really got to sell the "dead" part. Best thing to do first is drown yourself. That way sharks are less likely to kill you because you'll already be dead. Next thing to do is convince God that you deserve a second chance. Maybe he will listen... :dunno:

Don't listen to this guy. Water beasts love dead meat. The best tip for survival is to kick them square in the nuts. That's what I always do.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 02:15:35 PM »
Buncha dumbasses in this thread.  Everyone knows a waterbeast's achilles heel is their pride.  Just keep telling them how great they are, when their is turned, then you do some back kicking.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
Buncha dumbasses in this thread.  Everyone knows a waterbeast's achilles heel is their pride.  Just keep telling them how great they are, when their is turned, then you do some back kicking.

A sea beast's balls are located internally, but they are closer to the belly than the back. You would have to kick it very hard for the impact to be felt from the back all the way to the nuts. This could be done, but I have never tried it myself. jtksu, do you have unnaturally strong legs?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »
True story, I once kicked a SB in the back so hard, he could taste his own testicles in the back of his throat.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 12:13:14 AM »
True story, I once kicked a SB in the back so hard, he could taste his own testicles in the back of his throat.

:surprised: I'll have to give this a try the next time I encounter a sea beast.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 07:49:49 AM »
Thanks for the info bro's. Going on a cruise in a couple weeks so this info could not be more valuable.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 01:07:45 PM »
Thanks for the info bro's. Going on a cruise in a couple weeks so this info could not be more valuable.

Take this advice to heart:  Don't jump of the side of the ship to go swimming, cause I don't see you being able to climb back into the boat.  Even if you tie a bunch of swimsuits together.