Author Topic: Big 12 basketball  (Read 32556 times)

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Big 12 basketball
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2018, 08:34:00 PM »
So if OU can beat KU tomorrow, our game with the hawks would be for a share of the big 12 lead after 9 conference games.

This is an exciting prospect to me.

Well it's happening
Now we need to do our part in setting ourselves up to get and stay on top.

The Big Train

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2018, 08:48:07 PM »
Quote from: the phog
He (Trae Young) didn't beat us, the refs did!1!!

Trae Young is a great player who was fairly insignificant tonight. Best I've seen him defended this year to be honest.

Their basketball knowledge is hilariously bad.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2018, 09:15:44 PM »
graham went 4-19 :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2018, 09:40:36 PM »

Trae Young is a great player who was fairly insignificant tonight. Best I've seen him defended this year to be honest.

Lol that has to be a troll, Led his team with 26 pts, 9 assists, and was lights out from the field.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2018, 09:41:52 PM »

Him being a meh PG is a main reason they'll get bounced the first weekend of the tourny.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2018, 09:54:26 PM »

Him being a meh PG is a main reason they'll get bounced the first weekend of the tourny.

he’s a poor man’s b2j

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2018, 10:25:24 PM »

Lol that has to be a troll, Led his team with 26 pts, 9 assists, and was lights out from the field.

26 pts on 9 fga. 9 ast 2 to. Amaze
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2018, 11:38:01 PM »
Lol. No kidding.  If he didn't miss a  FGA or FTA, he would have 33 pts. He got 26. Pretty efficient shooting.

His teammates shot 51% eFG and 10-13 FTs. So they did fine just. Trae didn't need to shoot 30 FGAs.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2018, 08:32:22 AM »
Yup.

And the thing is, he literally creates almost every one of those shots his teammates take, even if he doesn't get an assist. A lot of the free throws they got were on would be assists from Trae that KU fouled on as well. And the last few minutes of the game, he was either scoring or creating wide open looks.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
Looks like their loss to Okie State helped him realize the team does better if he moves the ball around - it also helps that his teammates were actually hitting shots.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2018, 09:28:58 AM »
Lol. No kidding.  If he didn't miss a  FGA or FTA, he would have 33 pts. He got 26. Pretty efficient shooting.

His teammates shot 51% eFG and 10-13 FTs. So they did fine just. Trae didn't need to shoot 30 FGAs.

He had his lowest usage rate of the year, but one of his top offensive ratings.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2018, 11:58:41 AM »
I love what Lon did by putting a guy in to purposely draw fouls off of Azubukie, absolutely stud gameplan!
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2018, 08:21:36 PM »
 :blank:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2018, 08:32:04 PM »
Can we just make this a thread about trashing West Virginia? Jevon Carter is a complete horror show, I can't believe how bad he is. Cartier, Makol, and that Waters kid at OSU have no business starting for a P6 program.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2018, 10:43:19 PM »
Carter was the Big 12 defensive POY and three-time first team defense I believe.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2018, 10:08:47 AM »
Can we just make this a thread about trashing West Virginia? Jevon Carter is a complete horror show, I can't believe how bad he is. Cartier, Makol, and that Waters kid at OSU have no business starting for a P6 program.

Are WVU struggles on offense due to Carter being a crappy pg, or does Huggs just not give a eff about coaching offense and lets them just make one on one plays?

In these recent hugely embarrassing losses that never should have been losses Carter is basically the only one moving. He and Beetle Bolden are basically the offense with the rest of the team just accidentally making a few ugly ass forced shots. There is zero movement away from the ball, and they constantly settle for bad threes or fadeaway jumpers because there is no attempt at set plays, penetration, or anything resembling an offense. Hard to press off missed shots. Carter is trying to do it all and getting absolutely no help.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2018, 10:12:42 AM »

Its almost the opposite of losing Kam. They are 1-4 since getting Esa Ahmad back. Their best scorer, Teddy Allen, is barely playing now. I'm sure there are other factors (they completely blew two home games with double digit leads), but they don't seem like the same team they were before he came back.

Hopefully we handle Kam coming back better.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2018, 10:17:50 AM »

Its almost the opposite of losing Kam. They are 1-4 since getting Esa Ahmad back. Their best scorer, Teddy Allen, is barely playing now. I'm sure there are other factors (they completely blew two home games with double digit leads), but they don't seem like the same team they were before he came back.

Teddy Allen's not playing because of his attitude. You all here know better than anyone in the Big 12 that Huggs wont't put up with bad attitudes, win or lose.

Esa coming back has been just... weird. The team really isn't playing the same, and it's not even like he is taking over and others are backing off. He's not doing jack on the court. Just confusing times altogether here right now.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2018, 10:21:02 AM »

Teddy Allen's not playing because of his attitude. You all here know better than anyone in the Big 12 that Huggs wont't put up with bad attitudes, win or lose.

Esa coming back has been just... weird. The team really isn't playing the same, and it's not even like he is taking over and others are backing off. He's not doing jack on the court. Just confusing times altogether here right now.

Sorry cdub. I really liked your team when we played them.

I get the Huggs/Allen thing, but he was so good for you. I wonder what happened to make that go south? I do see that Allen's demotion seemed to happen in the Baylor game before Ahmad came back.

Ahmad's numbers the past two games are really bad.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2018, 10:27:28 AM »

I get the Huggs/Allen thing, but he was so good for you. I wonder what happened to make that go south? I do see that Allen's demotion seemed to happen in the Baylor game before Ahmad came back.

Allen details are few and far between anywhere I have read. Huggs being Huggs. Just gotta let it get worked out.

Ahmad is just baffling. Kid could be destructive, but instead he is just, well, he's just THERE. Taking up space, wasting time on the clock, and not really much else. Looks like a lack of motivation or something. He had been pretty decent, and at times very good, showing some real promise. After the suspension he's just not the same kid. Hope that gets worked out too.

But hey, it's only January. There is still time...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2018, 11:21:17 PM »

Allen details are few and far between anywhere I have read. Huggs being Huggs. Just gotta let it get worked out.

Ahmad is just baffling. Kid could be destructive, but instead he is just, well, he's just THERE. Taking up space, wasting time on the clock, and not really much else. Looks like a lack of motivation or something. He had been pretty decent, and at times very good, showing some real promise. After the suspension he's just not the same kid. Hope that gets worked out too.

But hey, it's only January. There is still time...

Us K-State fans saw plenty of awful January's under Frank only to see a completely different team in February and March.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2018, 06:59:05 PM »
Clonies 1.71 PPP 1st half vs Huggy. 
53 pts on 78.3 eFG, 6-6 FT, just 13 TO%

Isu was 0.71 vs Vols last weekend

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2018, 07:53:58 PM »
The last couple games WVU has just looked bad. Are they gonna bounce back against us or can they keep the funk going just 1 more game?