Author Topic: is saturday winnable? (WVU edition)  (Read 19403 times)

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: is saturday winnable?
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2018, 12:58:32 PM »
Weber timeout cost s a possession.
they were reviewing that anyway

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2018, 01:03:43 PM »
What a horrendous final possession
:adios:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2018, 01:04:50 PM »
SHI*HOLE.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »
eff

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2018, 01:05:24 PM »
If oscar can't win this game then he should be fired immediately. Even texas tech whipped ku's ass, shameful

:impatient:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline brandochav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2018, 01:08:39 PM »
If oscar can't win this game then he should be fired immediately. Even texas tech whipped ku's ass, shameful

:impatient:

Because T-Tech is better than KU. They also they whipped our ass too. The issue I had with this game is Barry walking down the court with 15 secs, not looking for Wade in the paint, to take a forced 3 only being down 1. No chance for a reb and putback...terrible guard play.

Offline TheTruth

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2018, 01:08:57 PM »
Another in a long line of WFT moments when trying to get off the last shot.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2018, 01:10:46 PM »
It's my favorite thing to laugh at about oscar. He is absolutely awful at final possessions. I'm still LOL'n at his attempt in the NCAA tournament game against La Salle, and that was....six years ago? Jesus Christ. Having Barry lazily walk it up the court and then throw up a contested last-second three was a hilariously bad way to try to win today's game. Color me stunned it didn't work.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:15:53 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2018, 01:11:33 PM »
All I know is that it will be the refs fault.
:gocho:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2018, 01:17:43 PM »
I know its very fashionable to talk crap on future HOFC oscar Weber on this board, but if not for refs he would have beaten KU at Allen Fieldhouse two years in a row.  That needs to count for something.

Offline LeggoKatZ

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2018, 01:18:28 PM »
What a kick in the balls.  At least we got it over with early to ruin the remainder of my Saturday. 

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2018, 01:22:40 PM »
I know it looks cool to nonchalantly walk the ball up the court like you just don't have a care in the world but what. the. eff.  There were 15 seconds left and Barry crossed half court at 8.  I'm not sure i understand why we wouldn't want to get into our set as quickly as possible.  drive the basket and kick or shoot with 4-5 seconds on the clock so there's at least a chance for a put back at the buzzer.  It's not rough ridin' rocket science.  We looked like a bunch of rough ridin' retards the YMCA that last possession.  Dribble around till the clock runs out and throw up a prayer from 25'

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »
Can't blame the refs this year. Its all the fault of our loser coach.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2018, 01:28:23 PM »
hey graham has 2 fouls, 5 minutes in.  let’s avoid him at all costs and try not to draw his 3rd

This pissed me off, there were even a couple of possessions that he switched to Wade but the guards never got the ball back to him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2018, 01:29:23 PM »
Weber timeout cost s a possession.

No it rough ridin' didn't, JFC.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2018, 01:31:40 PM »
It's my favorite thing to laugh at about oscar. He is absolutely awful at final possessions. I'm still LOL'n at his attempt in the NCAA tournament game against La Salle, and that was....six years ago? Jesus Christ. Having Barry lazily walk it up the court and then throw up a contested last-second three was a hilariously bad way to try to win today's game. Color me stunned it didn't work.

You actually think it was planned for Barry to do that? LOL. I'll ask you and everyone else, what should have been called there?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2018, 01:32:56 PM »

You actually think it was planned for Barry to do that? LOL. I'll ask you and everyone else, what should have been called there?

spread the court, drive and crash the boards. I thought that was obvious to everyone in the world

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2018, 01:55:30 PM »

spread the court, drive and crash the boards. I thought that was obvious to everyone in the world

sure but it starts with getting into your set and you can't do that at 4 seconds and expect to get a good shot let alone a put back.  you can't walk the ball up the rough ridin' floor like it's the start of the rough ridin' game.

Offline brm7070

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2018, 02:00:07 PM »
OU just did it right. Down 1, penetrate, kick it out and hit a three with 5 seconds left.  Don't know if the will win it, but they have the chance now.
Edit---- TCU scores to force OT!!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2018, 02:03:55 PM »
Guys, it was winnable. Then it wasn't.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2018, 02:05:42 PM »

sure but it starts with getting into your set and you can't do that at 4 seconds and expect to get a good shot let alone a put back.  you can't walk the ball up the rough ridin' floor like it's the start of the rough ridin' game.

I mean I would think a coach would have told them to be cognizant of the time remaining in the timeout or like practiced a similar situation in practice or something

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2018, 02:05:50 PM »
hey graham has 2 fouls, 5 minutes in.  let’s avoid him at all costs and try not to draw his 3rd

This pissed me off, there were even a couple of possessions that he switched to Wade but the guards never got the ball back to him.

ku has no depth either which was evidenced by the fact that he was playing w 2.  i am not invested enough to get pissed today but coaching really can be as simple as keeping the opponent’s best player on the bench and our team has more than enough players that could have drawn that 3rd and 4th on devonte. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2018, 02:13:38 PM »
graham is a better post defender than our bigs

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2018, 02:32:16 PM »
graham is a better post defender than our bigs

He was KU's best defender on Wade. By far.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2018, 02:42:00 PM »

I mean I would think a coach would have told them to be cognizant of the time remaining in the timeout or like practiced a similar situation in practice or something

That's the deal. The play call was the right one. The issue is that we don't operate in a manner that Barry would be comfortable going quickly there.

I'll be critical of oscar for this but I'll also leave as a possibility that Barry was prepared for this but he got tight because he was playing KU in AFH and the moment was too big for him.