Author Topic: opinions about kstate basketball formed based on the wvu game.  (Read 5875 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: opinions about kstate basketball formed based on the wvu game.
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2018, 04:52:08 PM »
Game was rough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2018, 04:59:39 PM »
OMG dumb and dumber gif clams just went there!

yep just watched on hbo, such a classic romantic comedy

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2018, 05:20:00 PM »
The disappointing thing is that with two quality guards, this was probably as good an opportunity for a top ten win that we'll see (unless Trae Young has an off night against us).

I don't agree with that at all, as a matter of fact I'd bet everything I got we'll win at least one, likely more than one, of the remaining seven games against WVU, Kansas, Oklahoma, and TCU. Teams that play how we play can shoot themselves into or out of any game we play. We would have beaten every team in the league the way we shot against ISU and X was awful. We'll have a night where we go 17-32 from the three point line and catch someone.

this is what k-state basketball has become.  hoping for the $500 winning scratch off ticket.

I wouldn't classify it as a lottery ticket but a function of relying on streaky jump shooters. It's not like any of those guys are pro caliber shooters, it's going to come and go for all of them.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2018, 06:44:03 PM »
the same can be said of any shooter but if you're relying on ISU nights from this team then yeah, it's nothing more than a winning scratcher.  could be worse, it could be a powerball. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2018, 07:11:06 PM »
Barry is 53-90 on 2pt in his last 11 games.
He is 13-51 on 3pt in those 11.

59% vs 25.5% and he has missed 22 of last 27.
Too many of his shots are from deep. 50 attempts in last 10 games.  Need more Barry driving to the rim.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2018, 01:50:40 PM »
The disappointing thing is that with two quality guards, this was probably as good an opportunity for a top ten win that we'll see (unless Trae Young has an off night against us).

I don't agree with that at all, as a matter of fact I'd bet everything I got we'll win at least one, likely more than one, of the remaining seven games against WVU, Kansas, Oklahoma, and TCU. Teams that play how we play can shoot themselves into or out of any game we play. We would have beaten every team in the league the way we shot against ISU and X was awful. We'll have a night where we go 17-32 from the three point line and catch someone.

I don't think those teams will all be top 10 when we play them which is part of my reasoning.  I think TCU is a fringe top 25 team at best.  We  probably will win at least one against those teams, I just thought WV was the elite team we matched up the best against.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2018, 04:35:52 PM »
I mean.  We can all agree that the Big 12 is just absolutely loaded this year right?

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2018, 07:34:31 AM »
I mean.  We can all agree that the Big 12 is just absolutely loaded this year right?
Yeah, with KSU and ISU being the two teams that lighten that load.