Author Topic: Snyder's Contract  (Read 2625 times)

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Snyder's Contract
« on: November 17, 2017, 11:38:58 AM »
Can someone dig into it and see when it ends? For some reason I thought it was a rolling contract that just kind of renewed every year. But maybe it has to be agreed on by both parties?

But all I can find is that it expires in January, which would go with Leavitt being the head coach by January of 18 in that hand shake deal, but now means he needs to sign an extension/agree to another year or something needs to be put in place asap, right?

Base compensation

2017 guaranteed pay: $3,150,000
    Total contract pay: $14,750,000
    Contract length: 5 years
    Start date: 2/1/2013
    Expires: 1/31/2018*

Is this accurate?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder's Contract
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 11:53:47 AM »
This is what I found. I don't believe it has been renegotiated since 2013, but I'm not sure.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 12:00:23 PM »
Those are the latest terms I've been able to find as well.  All of the info is public knowledge and all these big compensation packages are subject to review and/or permission of the KS board of regents. My guess is the latest on google/usa today and other sources is accurate.

From my comprehension -- which is slim at times -- 'the handshake deal' was DOA because Snyder poo pooed it, so there currently exists NO deal with Leavitt, at least from Snyder's perspective and the KSU pr department.

Also interesting is Leavitt's statement that he's focused on Oregon D and he wishes KS/KSU well --BUT -- hopes to be a head coach again someday.

I wonder if all this is some sort of staged rumbling to get the ball moving with a Snyder exit? Maybe this is all setting the stage for a wholesale change??
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:04:11 PM by ksuchris2000 »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »
Ok, so the contract is a continuing 5 year rolling contract.

"For each contract year completed under this agreement, the January 31st, 2018 date shall be extended for one calendar year."

But, if it hasn't been agreed upon/renegotiated along the way, there is no financial agreement after.

"this level of financial commitment shall not extend beyond January 31st, 2018, unless stipulated in a subsequent written amendment between both parties."

So they'd have to be discussing him either leaving or staying, and his salary if he does?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 12:11:03 PM »
Ok, so the contract is a continuing 5 year rolling contract.

"For each contract year completed under this agreement, the January 31st, 2018 date shall be extended for one calendar year."

But, if it hasn't been agreed upon/renegotiated along the way, there is no financial agreement after.

"this level of financial commitment shall not extend beyond January 31st, 2018, unless stipulated in a subsequent written amendment between both parties."

So they'd have to be discussing him either leaving or staying, and his salary if he does?

Yeah, that seems to be the case.

I didn't see anything with this automatic rollover stuff that some people have said: http://cjonline.com/sites/default/files/Employment%20Agreement.pdf

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 01:01:59 PM »
Kids, LHC Bill Snyder has TWO contracts with K-State, a personal employment contract, and his LLC Snyder Sports Marketing also has a contract with K-State.

I'm here to help.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »
Kids, LHC Bill Snyder has TWO contracts with K-State, a personal employment contract, and his LLC Snyder Sports Marketing also has a contract with K-State.

I'm here to help.

Like two full blown contracts or half of his compensation goes to his LLC and half goes to him personally?

From everything I've seen there is no financial agreement beyond January, which a salary would then have to be negotiated under good faith, right? And maybe there are issues with that currently.

Obviously I'm not well-versed on the subject, so please explain what you see further, dax? Thanks.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 01:14:54 PM »
Obviously I'm not well-versed on the subject, so please explain what you see further, dax? Thanks.

This.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 01:21:05 PM »
Yes, it's pretty much a 50/50 split between the two.   I'm pretty sure the personal contract is where you want to look for the meat insofoar as renewal and rollover etc. etc.

They had them both up on the website, but now can't find them.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 01:33:54 PM »
Yes, it's pretty much a 50/50 split between the two.   I'm pretty sure the personal contract is where you want to look for the meat insofoar as renewal and rollover etc. etc.

They had them both up on the website, but now can't find them.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »
I cant imagine how the agreement with the LLC has any bearing on him being coach. The LLC is for royalties, licenses, likeness, products, trademarks, etc.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 03:09:18 PM »
Doesn't Snyder own the Powercat? Can he pull our rights to its use if he wants to? Not sure what right s he has to it.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 03:11:16 PM »
Doesn't Snyder own the Powercat? Can he pull our rights to its use if he wants to? Not sure what right s he has to it.

I heard that way back in the day too... I'm not sure if I've ever seen proof to the idea or whether it was urban legend/myth.

If the university doesn't have rights to it by now, I'd be surprised. But who knows. ?

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 03:13:23 PM »

I heard that way back in the day too... I'm not sure if I've ever seen proof to the idea or whether it was urban legend/myth.

If the university doesn't have rights to it by now, I'd be surprised. But who knows. ?

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article177545066.html
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 03:42:46 PM »

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article177545066.html

Fake news. Snyder singlehandedly designed, nay hand-drew the powercat and is solely responsible for everything associated with it.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 03:47:22 PM »
@mikec2w

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 03:49:10 PM »
http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/uwire/050206aad.html

:dunno:

Also fake, and it’s about time that “bookwalter”quits promulgating that bullshit.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 04:25:01 PM »
Little known LHC LHC Bill Snyder fact, LHC LHC Bill Snyder personally leases the powercat image to high schools for just $1 a year.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 04:39:01 PM »
Little known LHC LHC Bill Snyder fact, LHC LHC Bill Snyder personally leases the powercat image to high schools for just $1 a year.

The man's a saint in this aspect of life.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »

The man's a saint in this aspect of life.

Well $1 and a handshake deal with the HS coaches. It's how we got warmack

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 01:19:33 AM »

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 02:15:49 AM »

lol, this is a good post, lib. well done. i am irl laughing.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 09:32:45 AM »
Will a stubborn old Bill drag us down the sewer as he slips into senility?  I am sure his age causes us to lose recruiting battles.  Opposing coach says Bill WAS great, but and will he be here in a couple of years.