Author Topic: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean  (Read 56859 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2017, 02:52:43 PM »
How much easier would it be to swallow Sean being the HC if he came out and fired Dimel the first day on the job?

I am definitely outing my identy to some here by making this statement, but oh well.

Heard from a friend who talked with an intoxicated Sean Snyders son that his dad deserves a chance and his first order of business would be to clean house (keeping coleman and klein and some other small guys) and bring in younger coordinators. Apparently Seans son was drunk at the KU game and yelled so many slurs towards dimel that Dimel's wife got up and left pissed off.

i still wouldn't want Sean, but i don't really care anymore. I just want Bill to retire.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2017, 03:03:02 PM »
 :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2017, 03:51:09 PM »
How much easier would it be to swallow Sean being the HC if he came out and fired Dimel the first day on the job?

I am definitely outing my identy to some here by making this statement, but oh well.

Heard from a friend who talked with an intoxicated Sean Snyders son that his dad deserves a chance and his first order of business would be to clean house (keeping coleman and klein and some other small guys) and bring in younger coordinators. Apparently Seans son was drunk at the KU game and yelled so many slurs towards dimel that Dimel's wife got up and left pissed off.

Well, yeah. We keep hearing about assistants getting upset when Sean was named the interim last spring, that's clearly Dimel, it can't be anyone else.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2017, 05:48:17 PM »
I'll say it.  These rumors about Sean being ready, willing able to fire the crap out of underperforming coordinators makes me think he might be OK.  He's watched enough of Bill to know how to not completely eff up, so the floor doesn't see that bad.  Ceiling might be great, if he "gets" the idea that you can both recruit AND cultivate 5 heart walk-on's.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2017, 06:12:02 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2017, 07:49:41 PM »
Jfc you can refer to Sean's son as Tate.  Or tator tot.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2017, 11:35:22 AM »
If Sean is head coach, we'll swap roles with Iowa State and battle KU for last place every year.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2017, 05:15:10 PM »
his unit so far outperforms the others, it's hard to believe they use the same players.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2017, 05:24:59 PM »
wgaf, a special teams playbook is like 3 pages long. There's really only a couple things you have to work on.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2017, 05:47:31 PM »
it's hard to watch our return game and not conclude that sean is a genuine genius.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2017, 06:18:38 PM »
Clean house and he's got 4 years worth of leash.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2017, 06:20:57 PM »
If Sean is head coach, we'll swap roles with Iowa State and battle KU for last place every year.

We already are.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2017, 06:37:24 PM »
What has happened to Dimel ?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2017, 06:46:33 PM »

he's a garbage coach is what has happened
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2017, 04:19:49 PM »

Del Miller retired.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2017, 10:01:40 AM »

Seriously, this is already happening which is just another reason Bill needs to go this year.

We need a completely new coaching staff and face of the program. People who want Sean to be the head coach are simply clinging to the idea that Bill can still work magic and another championship lies ahead. Wanting Sean to take over has very little to do with Sean's performance as a coach, and a lot to do with an unhealthy idolatry of Bill.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2017, 11:04:58 AM »
Sean doesn't like Dana. A+ source.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2017, 11:17:37 AM »

This is probably part of the problem. I sure in some ways he sees Dana as a threat as these guys position themselves for the future as much as he sees him as not good at his job.

Then we have this group of guys that are only here because they are loyal to Snyder and waiting for him to retire so they can as well.

When a season goes south with that mix its bound to turn into a mess.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »
Meathook vs the Crane  :bwpopcorn:

Offline Clevey 2 Times

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2017, 02:42:33 PM »

This is probably part of the problem. I sure in some ways he sees Dana as a threat as these guys position themselves for the future as much as he sees him as not good at his job.

Then we have this group of guys that are only here because they are loyal to Snyder and waiting for him to retire so they can as well.

Oh god, are you implying that our Admin might actually consider Dimel as the head guy? Tell me I'm wrong.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2017, 02:44:54 PM »

Oh god, are you implying that our Admin might actually consider Dimel as the head guy? Tell me I'm wrong.
could be wrong but i think what he is saying is that dana is calling plays to help his position at another school after this year (which we all know isnt working very well for him)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2017, 03:06:46 PM »

could be wrong but i think what he is saying is that dana is calling plays to help his position at another school after this year (which we all know isnt working very well for him)

Yes, pretty much this.

Whether or not the admin would consider it or not, its not crazy that Dimel would think he has a chance at the job considering he's been a head coach before. He probably sees the only in-house competition as Sean and I'm sure Dana would believe that he is the better candidate.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2017, 03:16:36 PM »
Neither are great candidates.

Back in 2014, I remember thinking that Dana would be a natural fit to replace Snyder.  At the time, it made sense.  He'd put together a string of some effective offenses (save for '13), and he had "CEO" experience.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2017, 03:18:11 PM »

Back in 2014, I remember thinking that Dana would be a natural fit to replace Snyder.  At the time, it made sense.  He'd put together a string of some effective offenses (save for '13), and he had "CEO" experience.

I thought the same. No way now though. You just can't have the last 3 seasons and think anyone on the current staff is worthy of the job.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »

I thought the same. No way now though.
Oh absolutely not.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]