Author Topic: FattyFest FeedBack  (Read 7234 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
FattyFest FeedBack
« on: October 18, 2017, 05:27:41 PM »
Now that we're probably all recovered, this thread is to help KK and I know what worked and what didn't and start having an idea of what to plan for 2018.

While it seems we make more money the less people are there (guilt from non-attendees, easier for us to work the crowd?), we still want FattyFest to be well-attended and something that gets prioritized on people's calendars well in advance.

Post your critiques and/or compliments here.

My own:

• I liked having it now rather than middle of summer, both to escape the heat and it felt like there was more energy (?) having it when school's in session.
  • I'm not sure if adding the watch party was helpful.  It definitely made it harder to plan given the unknown game time until 12 days out, and most everyone was pak'd by evening and dropping out.
  • Would contemplate doing it in the spring, whether in conjunction with a known-time-in-advance lol #oscar game, or even in April after that's all done, but while school's still going.
  • If not with a watch party attached, is there something that would be good to replace it with a la concerts we've done in the past, or is it best to just plan on 4-5 hours of daytime hard pak'n as far as the official event goes?
  • I thought having lunch was good, but going back to the unknown timing, it made it hard to plan.  Perhaps better to get gangs of pizza shuttle and have it available all day?
  • Definitely want to get a more technologically advanced auction system, especially if we're going to have bidding from non-attendees.  There should still be some attendee-exclusive items.
  • Not that it should matter given that it's all for the Fatty Fund, but might look at discounting tickets purchased a certain amount of time in advance, so that we could better lock in attendance numbers early.

So post any thoughts, with them geared towards what you'd like to see that would make it most likely that we'd have people putting this on their calendars as a thing they're absolutely not missing, as opposed to something they'll go to if it works out at that time.  T-Y.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: FattyFest FeedBack
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 05:37:58 PM »
Definitely a way to keep track of auction bidding better.  Would also allow for people to donate items that could be bid on.  I've been to quite a few events that do it via text service even but not sure if there is a cost to those (prob so)... https://www.32auctions.com has a free option for limited # of items

I'd prefer it around a home game weekend because I'd be more likely to be available but understand that's probably not conducive for keeping people at the event for hours.  Spring could work around spring game?  Right before school ends?

bar crawl with entry fee?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
i just want to know who is wearing the N'GENE hat right now

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 06:19:34 PM »
Having it in the fall during an away game was perfect. MHK in the fall is bitb.

Also regarding your fewer people = more money theory, I mean by my count exactly $100 was raised per one person who didn't show up, so this checks out

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 06:20:49 PM »
I bought the asian airport virus face guard. It was like a 4-pack! :party:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 06:32:30 PM »
I'd prefer it around a home game weekend because I'd be more likely to be available but understand that's probably not conducive for keeping people at the event for hours.  Spring could work around spring game?  Right before school ends?

Regular season home game is a no-go, unless it was a known early-season crap 6pm game, and it was thought people would do FattyFest instead of tailgating.  Spring game, maybe, but that's always at like 1 right?  Even if we started FattyFest at 5, people would already be wasted and dip.

bar crawl with entry fee?

This could be good for the evening part if we could get enough sponsor bars to do something special for crawl'rs.  We already expect people to stick around and PAK across aggieville, but most people are pretty mumped up by 7.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 06:34:00 PM »

If we do that again, gotta figure out how to get people to make it a priority, especially if they're already going to Manhattan multiple times in the fall for home games.

by my count exactly $100 was raised per one person who didn't show up, so this checks out

:lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 06:34:28 PM »

I think a bartender won it along w/a rhode island shirt.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 06:37:31 PM »

If we do that again, gotta figure out how to get people to make it a priority, especially if they're already going to Manhattan multiple times in the fall for home games.

Also, looking at how the day went, how mumped would we have been if the football game had been at 11 and everyone was 4-hour superpak'd and mad before we even started the main events?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 07:06:07 PM »
I bought the asian airport virus face guard. It was like a 4-pack! :party:

I assume anyone wearing a black one is yakuza

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 07:20:20 PM »
I thought football away game in bitb Oct was perfect too but understand the scheduling difficulty

Personally I enjoyed chilling with internet buds in the evening more than a concert or something like past years. I wouldn't try to cram more activities, the trivia with auction is good.

Had a really great time this year tho and thank the organizers for their contributions.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »
Definitely a way to keep track of auction bidding better.  Would also allow for people to donate items that could be bid on.  I've been to quite a few events that do it via text service even but not sure if there is a cost to those (prob so)... https://www.32auctions.com has a free option for limited # of items

I would be willing to build, donate, and host the auction system for next year.  I was going to suggest a text system with a website component that updates in real time.  Twilio has some very reasonable rates and I’ve wanted to build something with that in it.  I had talked with KK about building an iOS and Android app for last years FF but it didn’t work out.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 07:37:50 PM »
I would trivia right on through an 11 am cats game no prob, but I understand most are not as good at trivia as I am

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 07:40:14 PM »
How about you have it in Kansas City?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 07:40:47 PM »
I would trivia right on through an 11 am cats game no prob, but I understand most are not as good at trivia as I am

Yeah, I would also have no problem with this
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 07:44:07 PM »

shame on you for trying to turn this into another mci pit

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »

Also regarding your fewer people = more money theory, I mean by my count exactly $100 was raised per one person who didn't show up, so this checks out
oh man  :lol:

as far as the event, it was great again. well done by kk and trim. I've been to three and all were a little bit different but the end game was the same.

i didn't eat there but i heard the food was good.

i would say auction stuff with trivia and football going on people probably forgot. i think a few people really didn't leave their seats during trivia or if they did just stayed downstairs. not sure how to remedy that other than maybe starting it after the break during trivia. i know i bid on a few things and if i hadn't i probably wouldn't have went upstairs.

service kinda sucked but what are you going to do.....

the pub crawl isn't a bad idea, i think you could tie it in with the auction if you sort and finish at maes but then becomes a time issue..

all in all keep doing whats working and i would say thats pretty much all of it. AND BRING BACK CARNEY ENCORE!!!

ps again eff riley gates (thinnest skinned bitch ever)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 08:05:32 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how about you stop being lazy, hell km and mrs km drove up all the way from austin WHEN THE CATS PLAYED IN AUSTIN

no soup for you

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 08:39:23 PM »
I thought football away game in bitb Oct was perfect too but understand the scheduling difficulty

Personally I enjoyed chilling with internet buds in the evening more than a concert or something like past years. I wouldn't try to cram more activities, the trivia with auction is good.

Had a really great time this year tho and thank the organizers for their contributions.

I agree with this.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 08:51:21 PM »
Early home game that most likely is 6pm would easily be an easy tailgate skipper.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 09:59:43 PM »
There's an obvious answer to this, that no one cares about answering too.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:08:52 PM by WackyCat08 »

The Big Train

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 10:02:58 PM »
Don’t involve kickball Wacky

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »
Totally sober, but would love to help out.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 10:13:04 PM »
There's a loyal fanbase on here that loves the charm of gE. As we progress and PI'ing has been this boards charm, no one wants to go to an event where a mid 40 something abuses the newcomers and the usual cast. Non-butthurt post that's literally the truth.

The Big Train

FattyFest FeedBack
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 10:23:48 PM »
I thought there was something towards another member here, but this is actually a really good point.

I’m an outsider who went to my first FF as a complete unknown and had a great time.  I was living with ShellShock at the time and didn’t know a single person going to FF.  I had a great time and it compelled me to post more because I could be me and I was accepted.

I have stayed because contrary to semi-popular opinion I have a pretty thick skin.  Such is posting on any message board.  My point is regardless of your post count or “view” on gE, IRL we are all mostly(CDub, etc) KSU fans at heart and are good people.  I wouldn’t send money or spend the amount of time I do on this blog if I didn’t believe that.  We are a family and I really believe that.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 10:28:01 PM by The Big Train »