Author Topic: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)  (Read 140780 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #1675 on: February 04, 2019, 12:41:26 PM »
what do you propose those states change their funding to away from SALT?  Or is this another one of your mythical "they just need to spend less" theories with no real substance or logic?

You know exactly why SALT deductions were limited, to get at the "costal elite" states that aren't Trump bases.  Much like everything else trump tries to implement it wasn't thought through so yes it now impacts a more Trump'y state like NE.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 04, 2019, 12:53:04 PM »
what do you propose those states change their funding to away from SALT?  Or is this another one of your mythical "they just need to spend less" theories with no real substance or logic?

You know exactly why SALT deductions were limited, to get at the "costal elite" states that aren't Trump bases.  Much like everything else trump tries to implement it wasn't thought through so yes it now impacts a more Trump'y state like NE.

There you go. And btw, if you go back and read this thread you’ll see that I supported simplifying our tax code by eliminating all kinds of credits and deductions, including ones I benefit from like mortgage interest and SALT, and offsetting these eliminations by reducing the marginal rates. Stop being so bitter. All you want to do is whine about people keeping more of their money. Not everybody won under this tax reform, but most did. How about you?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 04, 2019, 12:57:57 PM »
16.15% this year with KSU-Dubs formula and I have several dozen kids  :curse:

No you don't.

I have only 2. I'm rough ridin' owned.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: February 04, 2019, 12:59:49 PM »
Credits for kids don't make sense to me. You should pay more for each kid, not less.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 04, 2019, 12:59:56 PM »

There you go. And btw, if you go back and read this thread you’ll see that I supported simplifying our tax code by eliminating all kinds of credits and deductions, including ones I benefit from like mortgage interest and SALT, and offsetting these eliminations by reducing the marginal rates. Stop being so bitter. All you want to do is whine about people keeping more of their money. Not everybody won under this tax reform, but most did. How about you?

still waiting on forms but yes my rate went down like we all knew it would.  Party!

Not bitter at all, I just don't buy into lets chop down the tax rate and increase our deficit when the economy is chugging along thinking.  I'm sure there is spending that could be reduced but not in a material way that isn't going to impact the welfare of the public the government is here to serve.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: February 04, 2019, 01:00:47 PM »
My rate didn't go down as much as I thought it might, but it still dropped by about 1 percentage point.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: February 04, 2019, 01:02:09 PM »
Credits for kids don't make sense to me. You should pay more for each kid, not less.

Agreed.  I'd go hogwild on changing the tax code to influence how the public acts.  Deductions for kids is going out the door first.  Maybe after like 2 or something.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 04, 2019, 01:03:59 PM »

Yes. Totally backwards
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 04, 2019, 01:05:24 PM »

Yes. Totally backwards

I agree with this. And I have several dozen.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1684 on: February 04, 2019, 01:12:31 PM »

Yes. Totally backwards

I agree with this. And I have several dozen.
No you don't you rough ridin' liar.  You were just exposed a few posts ago, do you think people don't read?

JFC!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 04, 2019, 01:15:22 PM »
SD over here thinking we're a bunch of rubes believing his tall tails of breeding football teams.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1686 on: February 04, 2019, 01:19:33 PM »
It just pissed me off to no end.  I have been swallowing my tongue lately not wanting to rock the boat (the board backs SD), but it has to be called out.  A man can only take so much.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 04, 2019, 01:21:01 PM »
crap, thought that was another thread. I only have 2. sorry again.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 04, 2019, 01:24:21 PM »
Yeah, I knew he was lying right to you rube's gross faces but didn't say anything.  He even pm'd me begging me not to blow a huge hole in his story of having 24 kids.  I have been keeping this secret for too long, it was a real burden

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 04, 2019, 01:28:39 PM »
It just pissed me off to no end.  I have been swallowing my tongue lately not wanting to rock the boat (the board backs SD), but it has to be called out.  A man can only take so much.

you've been strong to make it this long in my humble opinion.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 04, 2019, 01:36:23 PM »
16.15% this year with KSU-Dubs formula and I have several dozen kids  :curse:

Haven't done last year's formula yet so that may actually be better than last year though :dunno:

15.88% last year  :curse:

And that was BEFORE children 22, 23, and 24 were born.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 04, 2019, 01:37:28 PM »
t&ps to SD's vegas fund.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 04, 2019, 01:40:28 PM »
irl it was the massive SALT write offs that helped me so much last year. oh well.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 04, 2019, 01:47:49 PM »
Just don't pay all that SALT bud. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 04, 2019, 01:57:04 PM »
irl it was the massive SALT write offs that helped me so much last year. oh well.

also had a chunk from gE to write off last year. that prolly helped a tiny bit as well.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: February 04, 2019, 02:15:33 PM »
So last year was 17.1% and this year was 15.3%. I think the difference is pretty much all because of getting paid for breeding.

Side note: we adjusted withholding this year and ended up getting $8k back from Federal but still owed those liberal commie bastards in California $1100

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 04, 2019, 02:28:19 PM »
So last year was 17.1% and this year was 15.3%. I think the difference is pretty much all because of getting paid for breeding.

Side note: we adjusted withholding this year and ended up getting $8k back from Federal but still owed those liberal commie bastards in California $1100

Yup. My 4 kiddos, and the CTC I didn't use to qualify for (and that Marco expanded from $1,200 to $2,000 per kid at the last minute) are a significant part of my tax savings. SD needs to have more kids. Also, I don't like tax credits, but to the extent we give credits for anything, creating future tax payers seems like a good bet.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 04, 2019, 02:32:00 PM »
If you need a tax credit as an incentive to procreate, you shouldn't be having children
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #1698 on: February 04, 2019, 02:40:36 PM »
Yeah, it makes zero sense to support tax incentives to procreate while also discouraging legal immigration.

Assuming that’s why you support the credits. I just view them as a way to provide some monetary relief for parents who gotta feed those little guys.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 04, 2019, 02:47:22 PM »
Yeah, it makes zero sense to support tax incentives to procreate while also discouraging legal immigration.

Assuming that’s why you support the credits. I just view them as a way to provide some monetary relief for parents who gotta feed those little guys.

Yes, it's this. With that in mind they should phase it out after a minimal income threshold.