Author Topic: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)  (Read 140810 times)

The Big Train

Re: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #1275 on: January 30, 2018, 07:24:55 AM »
Third vehicle will have to wait until next year :frown:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 30, 2018, 07:32:19 AM »

Sitting down to do my taxes for 17. Fuuuuck tax year 2018 can’t get here soon enough. This may be the last year in a long time that I itemize my deductions. :gocho:

Paying taxes to live in the greatest country in the world should be an honor.  Imagine how great it would be if we actually took care of the less fortunate.  Oh well, at least some people got $1000 bonus before being laid off!

Tell you what, chief. I’ll trade you my effective tax rate for this year for yours. I’d hate for you to miss out on all the extra “honor” I’m getting.

You are really really hung up on how high your tax rate is

Yeah it's awesome
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 30, 2018, 08:01:24 AM »
Harley Davidson KC workers loving this new tax plan!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 30, 2018, 08:11:28 AM »

Sitting down to do my taxes for 17. Fuuuuck tax year 2018 can’t get here soon enough. This may be the last year in a long time that I itemize my deductions. :gocho:

Paying taxes to live in the greatest country in the world should be an honor.  Imagine how great it would be if we actually took care of the less fortunate.  Oh well, at least some people got $1000 bonus before being laid off!

Tell you what, chief. I’ll trade you my effective tax rate for this year for yours. I’d hate for you to miss out on all the extra “honor” I’m getting.

Lol. Maybe we can whip dingers out and compare too!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 30, 2018, 09:35:27 AM »
For someone who doesn’t consider their high tax rate to be an honor, KSUW sure brings it up a lot.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: January 30, 2018, 10:43:29 AM »
I'm just going to ignore all the usual responses from all the usual suspects. (But I gotta give credit to Phil for calling it an "honor" to pay a significantly higher tax rate :lol:).

Finished at about 20% effective FIT this year and the rough ridin' AMT bit me again. Last year for a long while that's gonna happen. Tax reform is going to reduce my 2018 effective FIT by about 4%! Thanks DJT and GOP!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: January 30, 2018, 10:44:53 AM »
Why are you paying your taxes 75 days before you are obligated to?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: January 30, 2018, 10:46:22 AM »
Why are you paying your taxes 75 days before you are obligated to?

I already paid my taxes for 2017 (so did you and nearly everyone else through wage withholding). I slightly over withheld just to be safe. So I get my refund as quickly as I can.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: January 30, 2018, 10:51:39 AM »
Oh yea you are a w2 guy I forgot
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: January 30, 2018, 10:52:02 AM »
I owe a shitload in taxes  :curse:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: January 30, 2018, 11:25:03 AM »
I haven't filed before April in I don't know how long.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #1286 on: January 30, 2018, 11:30:42 AM »
I can’t file until I get statements back from the accounts holding the vast amount of wealth I have invested. I think those usually don’t come in until mid to late February.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 30, 2018, 11:34:11 AM »
I'll do mine tonight. Was too lazy to do it last night
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: January 30, 2018, 12:33:20 PM »
I can’t file until I get statements back from the accounts holding the vast amount of wealth I have invested. I think those usually don’t come in until mid to late February.
Yeah I'm interested in how kdub is already done. I don't know a brokerage that has finished their tax forms yet.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: January 30, 2018, 12:46:22 PM »
i don't even have my w2 yet

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: January 30, 2018, 01:31:22 PM »
Yeah I'm interested in how kdub is already done. I don't know a brokerage that has finished their tax forms yet.

If you read this entire thread you would know he is just scraping by due to the overbearing tax burden placed on him by the US government.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 30, 2018, 01:35:14 PM »
Democats in Congress still believe the tax law change is the worst thing that has ever happened to America.  Are these people off in the head?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 30, 2018, 03:00:12 PM »

I don't have very complicated investments. Pretty much all mutual funds and a few stocks. I use two different brokerages and both had statements available online in the past few days. Takes longer if you wait for paper.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 30, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »
Democats in Congress still believe the tax law change is the worst thing that has ever happened to America.  Are these people off in the head?

It's rough ridin' awesome for the vast majority of people. Some dems are concerned that this may mean less money for welfare programs. I think they may be surprised. The dems are mostly worried about how popular this is gonna be. Mostly.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 30, 2018, 03:04:48 PM »

I don't have very complicated investments. Pretty much all mutual funds and a few stocks. I use two different brokerages and both had statements available online in the past few days. Takes longer if you wait for paper.
Yup I've checked everyday..... :Lookingatclock: I'm ready to go myself!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 30, 2018, 03:12:25 PM »

Yup I've checked everyday..... :Lookingatclock: I'm ready to go myself!

I've got some old stuff with Edward Jones (don't laugh, I was young and I've already paid the commissions) and now I do my own investing with Fidelity.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 30, 2018, 04:04:19 PM »
Oh yea you are a w2 guy I forgot

hence the high tax rate.  We are done incentivizing laziness!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 31, 2018, 01:32:22 PM »
HR block has drag and drop for all my forms.

That's pretty sweet.

Took 10 minutes.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 31, 2018, 01:44:13 PM »
Got my last form today! Done.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire