Author Topic: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)  (Read 137691 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Taxes (GOP 2017 edition)
« Reply #325 on: November 10, 2017, 08:40:54 AM »
Those people totally deserve to be ridiculed.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #326 on: November 10, 2017, 08:59:47 AM »
Absolutely. There's no reason to be paycheck to paycheck at $180K. If you are, consider yourself the subject of the sermon.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 10, 2017, 09:01:54 AM »
Really hard to feel sorry for a family that hauls in $180k and feels like they need certain tax deductions to get by. I know a lot of people are like that, I just have zero sympathy for them.
For some people in some markets, $180K isn't really a lot of money. Especially people with lots of law school debt and expensive tastes in alcohol, just for illustrative purposes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Big Train

« Reply #328 on: November 10, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »
One of those expenses is not like the other

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 10, 2017, 09:12:37 AM »
The average federal income tax paid by the American taxpayer is around $10000, if we raised that to $16500 and didn’t add new spending we wouldn’t have any debt.  Guys that is pretty cheap per person to live in this country.  My family bronze high ded plan will be $15,000 next year for perspective.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2017, 09:20:22 AM »
The average federal income tax paid by the American taxpayer is around $10000, if we raised that to $16500 and didn’t add new spending we wouldn’t have any debt.  Guys that is pretty cheap per person to live in this country.  My family bronze high ded plan will be $15,000 next year for perspective.

Reduce federal spending by $500 billion and I would gladly pay more in taxes to balance the budget and start paying off the debt. But there is no willingness by either party, except for a minority of conservatives, to actually cut spending. So why the hell would I give the government more of my money just so they can spend more and continue to run massive deficits? I'm not against taxes - I'm against wasting my money and asking for more.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2017, 09:23:50 AM »
Really hard to feel sorry for a family that hauls in $180k and feels like they need certain tax deductions to get by. I know a lot of people are like that, I just have zero sympathy for them.
For some people in some markets, $180K isn't really a lot of money. Especially people with lots of law school debt and expensive tastes in alcohol, just for illustrative purposes.

Can guarantee you that every dumbass who "doesn't feel sorry for the family that hauls in 180k" (a) doesn't have kids, (b) didn't pay for a graduate-level degree, and (c) hasn't bought a home in an expensive school district. That's ok. Maybe these dumbasses are just young and naïve and haven't finished school or started families yet.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »

Can guarantee you that every dumbass who "doesn't feel sorry for the family that hauls in 180k" (a) doesn't have kids, (b) didn't pay for a graduate-level degree, and (c) hasn't bought a home in an expensive school district. That's ok. Maybe these dumbasses are just young and naïve and haven't finished school or started families yet.

I mean it's not bologna sandwich money, but it's also nowhere near eff-you money. When you parcel it all out, you still end up with a pretty unremarkable lifestyle. And I say that as a single* person.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2017, 09:33:13 AM »

No one is forcing you to live above your means
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2017, 09:36:20 AM »
When did lib turn into Dave Ramsey....smh
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2017, 09:38:59 AM »
Upper middle class taking it on the chin

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/i-dont-feel-wealthy-the-upper-middle-class-is-worried-about-paying-for-the-tax-overhaul/2017/11/09/a5cf1acc-c55e-11e7-aae0-cb18a8c29c65_story.html?utm_term=.6f09bff81cc8

My only problem with this article is that I'm not sure the math adds up. That family with 3 kids is going to get a $4,800 child tax credit they currently didn't qualify for. They're also probably going to save a few hundred when the AMT is eliminated. So by my math, the only way their taxes go up is if they were taking massive itemized deductions, somewhere in the neighborhood of $40,000. Mortgage interest on a $600k house, property taxes, Georgia income tax, and student loan interest could get you there if you've got a lot of debt, but I think this is going to be a relatively rare situation.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »

Just keep in mind this guy thinks people on food stamps and other social welfare programs should just learn some personal responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »

Reduce federal spending by $500 billion and I would gladly pay more in taxes to balance the budget and start paying off the debt. But there is no willingness by either party, except for a minority of conservatives, to actually cut spending. So why the hell would I give the government more of my money just so they can spend more and continue to run massive deficits? I'm not against taxes - I'm against wasting my money and asking for more.

My point with this is we have far to many people not paying their fair share. In 2014 income was around 9 trillion and fed taxes around 1.3 trill.  That’s like 15% .  I don’t see why everybody can’t just pay 20% and call it a day.  This illusion that 85% of our country doesn’t pay much and then votes stupid because of it is silly.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2017, 09:56:10 AM »

My mom and dad make it just fine with a 300k house, putting 3 kids through college (with one still in there), and oh look at that just traded in a car and bought the rest of the balance in 15k in cash. All while operating on approx 2/3 of that income. You have very little to no excuse if you are hauling in 180k. Maybe some reckless spending going on there if you are.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2017, 10:21:26 AM »
Bingo

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2017, 10:34:32 AM »
It would indeed be a ton of totally reckless spending. I always figured the simpler explanation is that KSUW WILDLY exaggerates his household income.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2017, 10:36:20 AM »
Hey now, KSU-W and I should not be tarred and feathered for one of us being a bachelor 3%er and the other being a married, brood-supporting, never retiring, penny-pinching-hundred-thousand-aire 3%er who can't countenance a change in the dependent tax credit. One of us worked hard all our adult lives to get to this point. Show some 'spect.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2017, 11:00:28 AM »
like how they give a 10yr cut to a bunch of low incomer earners then take it away, long enough for all the current GOP to get relected and people to forget.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 10, 2017, 11:07:26 AM »

My point with this is we have far to many people not paying their fair share. In 2014 income was around 9 trillion and fed taxes around 1.3 trill.  That’s like 15% .  I don’t see why everybody can’t just pay 20% and call it a day.  This illusion that 85% of our country doesn’t pay much and then votes stupid because of it is silly.

Agree, except that 20% is way too high. I bet if everyone just paid 15% - no deductions, credits or any of that crap - we'd be in great shape.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 10, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »

Ok, well can confirm your guarantee is wrong, dumbass.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2017, 11:18:46 AM »

Just keep in mind this guy thinks people on food stamps and other social welfare programs should just learn some personal responsibility.

I'm fascinated by the difference in liberal and conservative outlooks on life. To me, a person wanting to keep more of their own money is completely different from a person asking for more of someone else's money. Liberals don't see that distinction, and even hold the welfare recipient in higher regard. To me, a person who worked hard for their money to live a comfortable lifestyle and provide a good life their kids, and already pays a ton in taxes, has a right to be upset about their taxes going up. To a liberal, that person just needs to "spend more responsibly" to afford the higher taxes, and anyone who doesn't agree is a hypocrite if they want welfare recipients to be more responsible for supporting themselves.

It really is fascinating. This isn't a matter of intelligence. I know enough smart liberals to appreciate that. It's a nature or nurture thing. Probably some of both.

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2017, 11:34:13 AM »
i find it fascinating that we spend 400 billion dollars a year more on our military* than the next largest spender

but to suggest belt tightening is decried by conservatives

(*the same military they claim to need guns to protect themselves from)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 10, 2017, 11:39:00 AM »
the shell game at the bottom is repulsive and fucks up the market.  Big business wants cheap labor and lobbies for it.  Establishment fuckfaces give them what they want and make it work by subsidizing the whole scheme with an big safety net, tax credits to the poor, and a bunch of other crap all financed by the people paying taxes.  Added benefit for establishment fuckface is he appears to be a hero to both big business and the poor and gets votes.  This system is horrible for the poor in a multitude of ways.
In reality you are a irl bad person to think this setup is ok, like racist, slavery, inhumane bad person 

it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 10, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=39872.msg1777922#msg1777922

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=28425.msg1774301#msg1774301

:dubious:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 10, 2017, 11:50:32 AM »

I'm fascinated by the difference in liberal and conservative outlooks on life. To me, a person wanting to keep more of their own money is completely different from a person asking for more of someone else's money. Liberals don't see that distinction, and even hold the welfare recipient in higher regard. To me, a person who worked hard for their money to live a comfortable lifestyle and provide a good life their kids, and already pays a ton in taxes, has a right to be upset about their taxes going up. To a liberal, that person just needs to "spend more responsibly" to afford the higher taxes, and anyone who doesn't agree is a hypocrite if they want welfare recipients to be more responsible for supporting themselves.

It really is fascinating. This isn't a matter of intelligence. I know enough smart liberals to appreciate that. It's a nature or nurture thing. Probably some of both.

You weren't upset with your taxes going up.  You actually seemed pumped to pay more to support the president