Author Topic: Explain the "barstool sports" espn controversy to me  (Read 37622 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Explain the "barstool sports" espn controversy to me
« Reply #375 on: November 11, 2021, 10:00:29 PM »
Wacky, man, find something on this blog that makes you happy. This thread ain't it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 11, 2021, 10:05:38 PM »
Wacky, man, find something on this blog that makes you happy. This thread ain't it.
lol

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 11, 2021, 10:16:31 PM »
Can I get a tldnr of what is going on?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 11, 2021, 10:20:27 PM »
Lol.

Just say when!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 11, 2021, 10:23:01 PM »
Lol.

Just say when!
Now preferable so I am up to date. I legit haven’t read anything or know what is being argued about.

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 11, 2021, 10:41:26 PM »
Lol.

Just say when!
Now preferable so I am up to date. I legit haven’t read anything or know what is being argued about.
The board is trying to cover Trim like he’s not Portnoy. Abusing ppl via internet and daxing them at the same time. Another part owner goes under mama Fitz as a part owner/attorney acting like mama Fitz as a shitty alliance (while Fitz is dying from cancer, but eff him because he got the future hire wrong) as an attorney as well, but they’re cool, because it’s apparently different.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 08:24:53 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 11, 2021, 10:53:07 PM »
Lol.

Just say when!
The board is trying to cover Trim like he’s not Portnoy. Abusing ppl via internet and daxing them at the same time. Another part owner goes under mama Fitz as a part owner/attorney acting like mama Fitz as an alliance (while Fitz is doing from cancer, but eff him because he got the future hire wrong) as an attorney as well, but they’re cool, because it’s apparently different.
Got it. Thanks. :thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2021, 01:46:52 AM »
@MIR, remember when you met Janey Bird in Wichita to talk crap about my character with @Trim before the Fiesta bowl trip? Yeah, stop acting like you're leading this new activist move. You love watching crap burn.

Yo, drunky mcdrunkersons, we went over this like a decade ago, but the one solitary time I met that woman, I didn't say a damn word about you. I barely even talked to her.

What any of this has to do with Dave Portnoy is beyond my level of comprehension.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 12, 2021, 08:01:56 AM »
I didn't have 'blast as an unabashed stoolie.

i'm not, i'm pretty neutral on Barstool as a whole. i really really like Big Cat and PFT. i was fascinated by this episode from the start. when the article came out i was ready to share it with my more stoolie-aligned friends and say "see? he's a rapist and you support him" .. or some crap like that, because i've always thought Portnoy was a complete dickhead but finally we had a legitimate reason to cancel him. paid business insider for a trial membership to read the article. but the article didn't really do that, and it seemed... off.  and i think portnoy has exposed some legitimate flaws in their side of the story (this assumes the screenshots he has provided are from actual conversations/posts from the sources of the story). with what he has provided i straight up don't believe his accusers, and i think if someone is out to prove that Dave Portnoy is a bad person this is the absolute worst thing you could do because you've given all the stoolies all the ammo you need for any future accusation of any kind.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 12, 2021, 08:17:45 AM »
You want to accuse everyone of being hypocritical in attacking Portnoy and not Trim, while you're on the other side of both of those arguments which makes far less sense, imo.  If you feel as though your situations are similar to the women that Portnoy attacks, why on earth would you keep defending him?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 12, 2021, 08:32:26 AM »
You want to accuse everyone of being hypocritical in attacking Portnoy and not Trim, while you're on the other side of both of those arguments which makes far less sense, imo.  If you feel as though your situations are similar to the women that Portnoy attacks, why on earth would you keep defending him?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 12, 2021, 08:47:00 AM »
like does portnoy claim anything was actually false in the article?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 12, 2021, 08:49:55 AM »

no, just that it's a "hit piece"  and the woke mob is after him.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 12, 2021, 08:56:43 AM »
This all amazing. I made the bootlicker joke, but this stuff really does fascinate me. I apparently have way less shits to give about people I will never meet than some people.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 12, 2021, 09:04:12 AM »
lol. obviously

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 12, 2021, 09:19:52 AM »

The article is about him hooking up with young girls, you can take that many different ways. Portnoy does not claim that is false.

The article also says things like one of the girls kept telling him no, and he made her his "sex slave". That's rape.

Portnoy is obviously working to prove everything was consensual. And from all accounts, it appears it was.

Mix in stock crap, and that Business Insider basically pushed their subscriptions that day to read the article, and you can absolutely tell it's a hit piece and money grab.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 12, 2021, 09:33:23 AM »

The article is about him hooking up with young girls, you can take that many different ways. Portnoy does not claim that is false.

The article also says things like one of the girls kept telling him no, and he made her his "sex slave". That's rape.

Portnoy is obviously working to prove everything was consensual. And from all accounts, it appears it was.

Mix in stock crap, and that Business Insider basically pushed their subscriptions that day to read the article, and you can absolutely tell it's a hit piece and money grab.

Even accepting your last line as true, this is all nothing.  Barstool can create indignant content knowing this is all ultimately to their benefit and do what they do in these instances and ultimately be more popular among their target audience.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2021/11/08/media-barstool-sports-portnoy-insider/

There's nothing in the article for Barstool to be legitimately mad about, but it now makes sense why they're trying to keep fighting about it.  Might even be an opportunity for them/fans to take advantage of a stock price dip.

BI and BS can both make money on this, probably much more on BS's side.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 12, 2021, 10:09:02 AM »

While no one should be accused of rape if they haven't committed rape. Are we just going to pretend that his documented actions have nothing to do with the position he's currently in?

If you're willing to point out flaws in the accusers but ignore Portnoy's sexual issues, you need to ask yourself why. You don't think someone in their 40's who only wants to have sex with 18 & 19 year olds, then film them having rough sex, then leak that video publicly, isn't capable of crossing a consent line? Why would anyone feel the need to blindly defend a person who has unabashedly and undisputedly done these things?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 12, 2021, 10:17:21 AM »
I'm not meaning to point out flaws w/ the "accusers", that's my bad, I make my comments because it sounds like they may not have even accused him and the words were twisted to make it sound that way for the article (but maybe I'm missing that). Obviously the issues Portnoy has leads to this area, but if it's consensual, what they do sexually is none of my business.

My main concern is with the direction of the story from BI and the rape. If it's rape, there are victims and it should be taken very seriously. Not pushing for subscriptions to read about girls being raped. I'm sorry, there are just some serious red flags for me in trying to profit off of a rape story.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2021, 10:21:22 AM »
My main concern is with the direction of the story from BI and the rape. If it's rape, there are victims and it should be taken very seriously. Not pushing for subscriptions to read about girls being raped. I'm sorry, there are just some serious red flags for me in trying to profit off of a rape story.

If it's rape, BI isn't the entity to take issue with.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2021, 10:35:23 AM »
I'm not meaning to point out flaws w/ the "accusers", that's my bad, I make my comments because it sounds like they may not have even accused him and the words were twisted to make it sound that way for the article (but maybe I'm missing that). Obviously the issues Portnoy has leads to this area, but if it's consensual, what they do sexually is none of my business.

Is it your thought that these accounts shouldn't be published unless the accusers pursue charges?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 12, 2021, 10:40:05 AM »

I'm sure damn near every girl that's hooked up with Portnoy regrets it immeidately. If there was rape, I think/hope they would report it. And if that BI writer felt it happned when she started to sniff around, I genuinely hope she would've gotten actual authorities involved immediately.

But, from almost all accounts it's not and never was rape, yet BI is writing a story suggesting it/accusing him of it, to make a profit.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 12, 2021, 10:44:21 AM »

Is it your thought that these accounts shouldn't be published unless the accusers pursue charges?

I think stories like this can be fair with facts, but why put it behind a paywall and literally post all day about subscribing to read it?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 12, 2021, 10:49:57 AM »

I'm sure damn near every girl that's hooked up with Portnoy regrets it immeidately. If there was rape, I think/hope they would report it. And if that BI writer felt it happned when she started to sniff around, I genuinely hope she would've gotten actual authorities involved immediately.

But, from almost all accounts it's not and never was rape, yet BI is writing a story suggesting it/accusing him of it, to make a profit.

BI sucked at their nefarious plan, given how we all read it for free.  And at least to me, I didn't come away from reading it with any sense of a credible rape allegation, just more confirmation that the guy fucks willing albeit-naïve 18-year-olds that he connects with online.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 12, 2021, 11:08:57 AM »
I didn't come away from reading it with any sense of a credible rape allegation, just more confirmation that the guy fucks willing albeit-naïve 18-year-olds that he connects with online.

Plot twist: (what if) someone at Barstool was behind it to try to push creepy old Dave out.