Author Topic: LOL DEMOCRATS  (Read 31282 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LOL DEMOCRATS
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2022, 11:10:22 AM »
Whoopi and Joe Rogan have a lot in common, really.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2022, 11:13:42 AM »

Having the IQ of doorknobs and spouting off without thinking things through?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2022, 11:17:29 AM »

Having the IQ of doorknobs and spouting off without thinking things through?

Yeah, pretending to be knowledgeable about topics they know nothing about in front of a large, stupid audience who they actively make even more stupid every day.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2022, 11:20:52 AM »
I've only ever seen clips of Rogan's podcast, but his fans describe it to me as people having a conversation, which makes it sound a lot like The View in concept. It's probably better than The View, though, because it couldn't be worse.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2022, 11:24:16 AM »
I've only ever seen clips of Rogan's podcast, but his fans describe it to me as people having a conversation, which makes it sound a lot like The View in concept. It's probably better than The View, though, because it couldn't be worse.

I watched Rogan's "apology" video, and he must have said the word conversation 50 times. He really wants people to know that he's "just having a conversation."

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2022, 11:26:12 AM »

Lol, agree with everything here.  I'm all for free speech in both cases but not sure to what degree?  Like Rage said, you think it would be hard to make someone who is dumb, dumber but here we are.  And the fact that both hold large audiences should scare everyone.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2022, 11:30:45 AM »
Sounds like pull that up Jamie should just fact check the whole time.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2022, 11:35:19 AM »

Lol, agree with everything here.  I'm all for free speech in both cases but not sure to what degree?  Like Rage said, you think it would be hard to make someone who is dumb, dumber but here we are.  And the fact that both hold large audiences should scare everyone.

Are you speaking about what is allowed by the employer or the government?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2022, 11:42:23 AM »

Why should there be a difference? When I got fired for texting my HR lady that she was a slut, that was an infringement on my free speech rights.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2022, 11:46:56 AM »

Why should there be a difference? When I got fired for texting my HR lady that she was a slut, that was an infringement on my free speech rights.

There shouldn't and amen brother!  Pretty sure I banged her fyi.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2022, 11:50:38 AM »
I'm just trying to find out what purplewood meant by "not sure to what degree"
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2022, 11:53:33 AM »
race is really a poorly formed social construct

In what respect?  To this or in general?  And I'm not sure I would agree with that.

what is race?

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2022, 12:00:10 PM »
race is really a poorly formed social construct

In what respect?  To this or in general?  And I'm not sure I would agree with that.

what is race?

Maybe you should be the one that answers that question?  Would you prefer ethnicity? 

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2022, 12:06:29 PM »
i think ethnicity is a more clearly defined concept

my question is not intended as a "gotcha"

race is exceptionally hard to define and structured around various societal understandings

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2022, 12:14:21 PM »
i think for many in our soceity Race is defined by skin pigmentation

an idea that has been reinforced by over-simplistic demographic classifications (i.e. - check the box that best represents you)

this interpretation is what obviously created issue for Whoopi
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 12:28:02 PM by LickNeckey »

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2022, 12:37:38 PM »
i think ethnicity is a more clearly defined concept

my question is not intended as a "gotcha"

race is exceptionally hard to define and structured around various societal understandings

I didn't take it as one.  I think race and ethnicity are intertwined.  I think the definition of race has changed a tad from what it once was like you mentioned above.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2022, 12:54:06 PM »
honestly

how do you define race?

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2022, 12:58:58 PM »
in some ways i agree with Whoopi's basic intrepretation that believers of the Jewish faith are not a race perse but an ethnoreligious group

this does not change the nature or severity of the attrocity

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2022, 01:02:14 PM »
honestly

how do you define race?

I would totally be content using Webster's definition.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2022, 01:07:36 PM »
honestly

how do you define race?

I would totally be content using Webster's definition.

Webster - any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2022, 03:51:25 PM »
Weird, purplewood posting about race again.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2022, 04:14:18 PM »
Weird, purplewood posting about race again.

It was about that fun double standards thing but thanks for your input.  You can actually call someone out for being a hypocrite without being racist but not in your f-d up world.

MIgot - "why are you always responding to ME being a bigot, weirdo"

Also MIgot - responds to me when it doesn't involve him or is directed at him. :jerk:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2022, 01:53:24 PM »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2022, 10:03:19 PM »
This, like Gavin Newsom last week, is just moronic, self-inflicted horrible PR. I'm sure she had her mask on the entire time she was at that school, then for some dumbass reason she convinced herself it would be okay to take it off for the picture when literally everyone else has their mask on. Really rough ridin' stupid.