Author Topic: LOL DEMOCRATS  (Read 30437 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: LOL DEMOCRATS
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2021, 05:47:11 PM »
Btw, that’s the laziest response to the cancellation of that show that I’ve ever seen. Especially how the climate was getting at the time. They didn’t want to get run over by the times, so they pushed Tim Allen & show as rough ridin' far away as they could.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2021, 05:51:58 PM »
:rolleyes:

I guess we’ll both just believe what we want to on the matter. Lol at canceling Last Man Standing over those other shows I’ve never heard of. It’s ok to admit the media/networks leans left and treats the two sides differently.

Cancelling Last Man Standing over which two shows? Are you referring to a different quote? The one I posted didn't refer to last man standing getting cancelled over two other shows.

For the sake of agreement, I'll say that the media/networks are actually the same entities and lean left. I'll even say they hate conservatives and Channing Dungey lied in that quote. Last Man Standing got cancelled because Tim Allen is a Trump supporter, not because of the content of the show.

Literally no one claimed the show was cancelled because of the content. You didn't remember correctly, it's understandable because it was fo four years ago and no one really cared about it when it happened. I don't think this is one you need to dig your heels in on.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2021, 05:56:54 PM »
Totally Fair. I just thought it was all of the above and the network didn’t need quirky Obama jokes at the time on their network. Tim Allen was definitely the main reason why. I just thought the content and him went hand and hand, but you’re right.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2021, 07:22:03 PM »
Last Man Standing might be a good example. I've never seen it, but I remember reading about when it was cancelled and thought it was weird that a show with good ratings would be taken off the air. I just can't help but hear the "this show could never be made today" argument and think that Curb Your Enthusiasm still is on the air and people still love it. Maybe a show couldn't be made on NBC today, but that network television has always been pretty vanilla.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2021, 07:30:26 PM »
Last Man Standing might be a good example. I've never seen it, but I remember reading about when it was cancelled and thought it was weird that a show with good ratings would be taken off the air. I just can't help but hear the "this show could never be made today" argument and think that Curb Your Enthusiasm still is on the air and people still love it. Maybe a show couldn't be made on NBC today, but that network television has always been pretty vanilla.

This happens A LOT.

Curb is a good thing to throw in the face of the "x couldn't happen today because of cancel culture" crowd. Larry David literally wore a maga hat on the show. Most people understand that comedy is satirical.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2021, 10:04:04 AM »

This happens A LOT.

Curb is a good thing to throw in the face of the "x couldn't happen today because of cancel culture" crowd. Larry David literally wore a maga hat on the show. Most people understand that comedy is satirical.

Some people don't.

https://observer.com/2020/02/larry-david-hbo-curb-your-enthusiasm-metoo-happy-new-year/

Nobody really cares about takes like this, though. Shows (more accurately, people) get cancelled when then do terrible things in their personal life or start spamming the political facebook posts thread all over their social media.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2021, 11:36:09 AM »

This happens A LOT.

Some people don't.

https://observer.com/2020/02/larry-david-hbo-curb-your-enthusiasm-metoo-happy-new-year/

Nobody really cares about takes like this, though. Shows (more accurately, people) get cancelled when then do terrible things in their personal life or start spamming the political facebook posts thread all over their social media.
LMAO I need to watch the new seasons

for example, he used her shirt to rub his eyeglasses and accidentally touched a caterer’s chest in a quest to get hors d’oeuvres—and found him dressed in a robe and MAGA hat, sitting across from his friend Jeff, whom the assistant mistakes for Weinstein.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2021, 11:40:56 AM »
The last season was great.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2021, 01:49:20 PM »
The last season was great.

Our daughter made scones last week and me and my wife used a larry/mocha joe scale to describe their moistness.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2021, 12:09:07 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/608212/

The article is over a year old. 420seriouscat69, I'd be interested in you reading this and letting us know what you find objectionable.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2021, 12:24:22 PM »
I don’t read. I’m a clickbait kinda guy.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2021, 12:26:57 PM »
Ok
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2021, 01:24:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1416043119938785280?s=20

https://twitter.com/casuallygreg/status/1415749084070105090?s=21

It's amazing to me that literally everyone knows there is a large factor of conservative media whose only job is to make people pissed off, without any context at all.

Every single day, multiple times a day, there is a coordinated effort to piss millions of people off and it's incumbent on these people doing literally zero research on what what they're mad about, and I'll be damned if it doesn't work every single time.

Willing to look like a sucker just to stay mad and own the libs, couldn't be me.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2021, 01:27:10 PM »
There’s a larger amount of people doing it on the other side, tho! :dunno:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2021, 01:28:37 PM »
Go to the boner alert thread in Wacky’s World, MIR. I need to hear about your lifetime crushes.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2021, 01:29:14 PM »
There’s a larger amount of people doing it on the other side, tho! :dunno:

Even if that's true, that's your defense?
"They're being a willing pawn, so I will be too"
 :sdeek:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2021, 01:29:35 PM »
Go to the boner alert thread in Wacky’s World, MIR. I need to hear about your lifetime crushes.

On it

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2021, 07:50:25 PM »
All I needed to see was her(?) hair and eyebrows to know there was going to be some top quality gibberish.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2021, 08:25:25 PM »
All I needed to see was her(?) hair and eyebrows to know there was going to be some top quality gibberish.

That's why I don't have the tic tok app on my phone.  I had it and it was loaded with this crap, so I removed it.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2021, 09:49:36 PM »

That's why I don't have the tic tok app on my phone.  I had it and it was loaded with this crap, so I removed it.

Who the eff were you adding? My tiktok looks nothing like that.

Also no chance that person is politically inclined.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile