Author Topic: LOL DEMOCRATS  (Read 30444 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LOL DEMOCRATS
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2021, 02:46:52 PM »
Joe Manchin is as liberal of a senator as you can expect from WV. A Republican senator would be worse.

Give me one tangible way, literally one. There isn't a single tentpole issue that Biden or the democrats can get passed because Manchin knows that if he votes for anything seen as progressing the democratic agenda he will get voted out. In many many ways I think he is worse than your standard republican in the senate, lets say his fellow West Virginan, Shelly Moore Capito. He doesn't stand for anything in the entire world other than getting reelected and maintaining his little cove of power, with the inability to do anything with it other than to have the capability to remain being called a US Senator. He's more responsible for the senatorial gridlock than Mitch the Bitch is. He's literally allowing both parties to not do a damn thing.

Sinema, I don't get at all, she literally has no chance at all to get reelected doing what she is doing. She's 100% getting primaried and if she survives that the wacko Arizona republicans will paint her as Carl Marx, Chairman Mao, Stalin, and AOC all rolled into one, and it will work. The only chance she had was to energize voters and she isn't doing that at all, she's cooked.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2021, 02:51:18 PM »
Manchin prevents McConnell from being senate majority leader. That's pretty much his only purpose. He would be completely worthless if the senate weren't split 50/50.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2021, 03:08:53 PM »
Manchin prevents McConnell from being senate majority leader. That's pretty much his only purpose. He would be completely worthless if the senate weren't split 50/50.

Yes, and what's going on now in the senate is absolutely no different than what happened up until January 20, 2021 when McConnell was the majority leader. If manchin won't even vote for H.R. 1, how can he be a reliable vote for any SCOTUS nominee that the republicans disapprove of? He certainly wouldn't want want to divide the country, lol.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2021, 03:16:03 PM »
I'm pretty confident that if a new justice gets nominated, the senate will have a confirmation hearing. Also, I don't believe the senate would have even voted on the last round of stimulus if the republicans had the majority.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2021, 03:31:20 PM »
I'm pretty confident that if a new justice gets nominated, the senate will have a confirmation hearing. Also, I don't believe the senate would have even voted on the last round of stimulus if the republicans had the majority.
Nope.  They would have voted on a revised bill that wasn’t full of the same type of BS that’s in the ‘infrastructure’ proposal. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2021, 05:23:07 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2021, 05:37:15 PM »
Voter Suppression:  When we don't get everything we want (ProgFacist Nation)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2021, 08:20:55 PM »
Sinema, I don't get at all, she literally has no chance at all to get reelected doing what she is doing. She's 100% getting primaried and if she survives that the wacko Arizona republicans will paint her as Carl Marx, Chairman Mao, Stalin, and AOC all rolled into one, and it will work. The only chance she had was to energize voters and she isn't doing that at all, she's cooked.

that's ridiculous.  borderline insane.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2021, 09:55:50 PM »

that's ridiculous.  borderline insane.

You whine when I have trouble determining whether or not you troll but you are the absolute king of parachuting in to criticize opinions without offering dick, it's almost as if kim carnes is your sock.

What there was ridiculous? You don't think she's going to get primaried? You don't think the republican party will attempt to paint her as a radical liberal simply because she has a D next to her name? What has she done to excite anyone in Arizona at all? She won because Martha McSally was a lunatic and wildly unpopular. If you don't think it will be more difficult for her to win in '22, I don't know what to tell you. Mark Kelly is in trouble too.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2021, 08:37:44 AM »
Trump lost Arizona, so I'm not really sure what to expect in the midterms there.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2021, 09:12:00 AM »
What there was ridiculous? You don't think she's going to get primaried?

i think it is possible, but unlikely, that she attracts a serious primary opponent and if she does it is possible, but unlikely, that she is defeated.

if you'd like to place an even odds wager that she won't be the democratic nominee in 2024, i'll happily take the other side of that bet for as much money as you'd care to risk.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2021, 03:18:50 PM »
What there was ridiculous? You don't think she's going to get primaried?

i think it is possible, but unlikely, that she attracts a serious primary opponent and if she does it is possible, but unlikely, that she is defeated.

if you'd like to place an even odds wager that she won't be the democratic nominee in 2024, i'll happily take the other side of that bet for as much money as you'd care to risk.

I never said she wouldn't win the nomination, I did say she's 100% getting primaried and I'll definitely take even odds on that. If I thought she would lose the primary I wouldn't have devoted the sentences after that one about the primary to the general.

I do, at this point today, think it's likely she'll survive the primary challenge, but if her favorable/unfavorable numbers with Arizona democrats continue on the trend they're on, that won't be a layup either.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2021, 04:04:09 PM »
She’ll just become an “independent”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2021, 07:05:12 PM »
I never said she wouldn't win the nomination, I did say she's 100% getting primaried and I'll definitely take even odds on that. If I thought she would lose the primary I wouldn't have devoted the sentences after that one about the primary to the general.

I do, at this point today, think it's likely she'll survive the primary challenge, but if her favorable/unfavorable numbers with Arizona democrats continue on the trend they're on, that won't be a layup either.

she literally has no chance at all to get reelected doing what she is doing

i think i read this is ascribing more importance than perhaps you meant to a possible primary challenge.

while a serious primary challenge from a relatively mainstream dem would damage her, a less serious challenge from someone well to the left would probably help her a bit in the general.  she's also running in a presidential year and arizona will probably continue moving to the left over the next four years.  and to top it off she has pretty great favorability numbers with az republicans (but somewhat inexplicably, poor numbers with independents).  she's by no means a lock, but at this point i'd consider her more likely to win reelection than not and that she has a significantly better chance at reelection than kelly.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2021, 03:07:32 PM »
Since CNN viewership is down it looks like they're trying to get a ratings boost.  Great move by them to bring this degenerate back.. :flush:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9674023/Jeffrey-Toobin-CNN-months-exposing-Zoom.html

"It's just a one off."  :lol:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2021, 11:38:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/realtonysm1th/status/1409843531414396931

Saw this and recalled the conversation in here. I assume being on that group of bipartisan senators working on infrastructure is what's driving it. Not wanting to blow up the filibuster probably doesn't hurt. A lot of centrists in Arizona?  :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2021, 08:44:21 AM »
I feel like Arizona probably has a lot of people who are republican but don't want another Sheriff Joe building concentration camps in their state, so people like Sinema are their best option.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2021, 08:45:24 AM »
AZ has the highest per capita MAGA population IMO. Like, every republican is a freak show Qannon person.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2021, 12:38:41 PM »
Isn't there a guy in the house from AZ who's siblings campaigned against him?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2021, 12:41:35 PM »
Gosar

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2021, 02:10:42 PM »
AZ has the highest per capita MAGA population IMO. Like, every republican is a freak show Qannon person.

Good deal of old idiots

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2021, 10:04:48 AM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2021, 12:15:26 PM »
On brand

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2021, 05:15:38 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2021, 05:17:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/realtonysm1th/status/1409843531414396931

Saw this and recalled the conversation in here. I assume being on that group of bipartisan senators working on infrastructure is what's driving it. Not wanting to blow up the filibuster probably doesn't hurt. A lot of centrists in Arizona?  :dunno:

LOL, only half of the democrats view her favorably, I'm sure she won't be primaried though.