Author Topic: Favorite K-State Writer of all time? - It's Jmart, leader of Rivals.com K-State  (Read 145484 times)

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
What about K-Stater Elitaire?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
60day free trial to kstateonline.com. how hard is this going to be for me to cancel jmart?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
60day free trial to kstateonline.com. how hard is this going to be for me to cancel jmart?

I bet Bill loves this. Finally creating some competition in the K-State football media.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i have to say, they have done more content since beginning than gpc has all year

hard

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
should I go over there and tell all of the other posters to bend the knee and that the gE dragons are coming with me?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
weird message board so far, just a lot of bitching about their split. will have to check the content out though.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
weird message board so far, just a lot of bitching about their split. will have to check the content out though.
Plz C/P any good posts from their bored. TIA

Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
should I go over there and tell all of the other posters to bend the knee and that the gE dragons are coming with me?

Yep

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think our bastard surnames should be Grape.  You know nothing Jon Grape

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite K-State Writer of all time?
« Reply #234 on: September 07, 2017, 01:37:34 PM »
9. any collegian writer, past or present.

10. mark jannsen - don't know if i spelled his name correctly, and frankly don't care. he was respected by almost nobody, he was rude and dismissive and needy, had a crusty personality and writing style, and often lifted quotes from others without attribution. his LHC LHC Bill Snyder book was one of the most poorly formatted books i've ever read.

Super late to the party, but I couldn't agree with this more. Janssen's longevity was the only thing he had going for him. Otherwise, he was a major tool. On more than one occasion, I was doing an one-on-one interview (admittedly as a new and fairly dumb college reporter), and he interrupted me to make small talk and openly laugh at my questions. Completely derailed two separate interviews, which I really didn't appreciate. Can also confirm that he lifted quotes from road games he didn't even attend, etc. His writing wasn't near good enough to make up for the crap human being he was.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2017, 12:24:31 PM »
9. any collegian writer, past or present.

10. mark jannsen - don't know if i spelled his name correctly, and frankly don't care. he was respected by almost nobody, he was rude and dismissive and needy, had a crusty personality and writing style, and often lifted quotes from others without attribution. his LHC LHC Bill Snyder book was one of the most poorly formatted books i've ever read.

Super late to the party, but I couldn't agree with this more. Janssen's longevity was the only thing he had going for him. Otherwise, he was a major tool. On more than one occasion, I was doing an one-on-one interview (admittedly as a new and fairly dumb college reporter), and he interrupted me to make small talk and openly laugh at my questions. Completely derailed two separate interviews, which I really didn't appreciate. Can also confirm that he lifted quotes from road games he didn't even attend, etc. His writing wasn't near good enough to make up for the crap human being he was.

he also used to stand creepily behind frank martin when asking questions, sort of like trump did to hillary at the one debate.

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2017, 03:17:16 PM »
he also used to stand creepily behind frank martin when asking questions, sort of like trump did to hillary at the one debate.

Ha, I don't remember that but I don't doubt it. Btw, Rake, you were still around when I was just getting started at the Collegian. I was never nearly as talented as you, Meek, etc., but you really helped turn me into at least a competent reporter. Hope you're doing well, man.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2017, 03:18:25 PM »

Ha, I don't remember that but I don't doubt it. Btw, Rake, you were still around when I was just getting started at the Collegian. I was never nearly as talented as you, Meek, etc., but you really helped turn me into at least a competent reporter. Hope you're doing well, man.

quit sucking up to giant loser j rake. barf.

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2017, 03:24:04 PM »
quit sucking up to giant loser j rake. barf.

Ha, probably an appropriate response.

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile

In comparison to this board in regards to weirdness? Come on man. Gotta be kidding me. Lol

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

In comparison to this board in regards to weirdness? Come on man. Gotta be kidding me. Lol

what the eff is this supposed to mean DKmode500? PLEASE TELL US ALL WHAT YOU MEAN.

The Big Train

Not a good look DKmode500

Offline DKmode500

• Fan
    • View Profile
Lol. Nothing wrong with weird.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
FFS DK

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
jfc dk
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
DK probably stands for door knob, you stupid piece of crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Everyone sure is taking a turn...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Dk posts at kstatefans....not weird.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
that's too bad, he seemed like the only person at gpc i could actually see myself hanging out with