Author Topic: Favorite K-State Writer of all time? - It's Jmart, leader of Rivals.com K-State  (Read 145423 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So good.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
@OP

Probably Cassidy.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Favorite K-State Writer of all time? - It's Jmart, leader of Rivals.com K-State
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2017, 08:01:47 AM »
So, kstateonline is not going to be run for Kstater's?

Fascinating business model if so.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
this is one of the most savage things i've ever seen in sports media. j-mart returns to manhattan, basically out of nowhere, takes over the rivals site, AND gets to retain all the subscribers?

i am a customer, but man, i want to be an investor.

I don't really know what's going on or care too much but I saw on the twitters that the first reply to Fitz post about moving to 247 was some guy bitching about just paying his Rivals fee the day before. Fitz just said he was sorry and Rivals wouldn't let him tell anyone sooner.  :ROFL:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Also JMart, I don't plan on giving you any money or anything because I get all of the elite news I need here, but I swear to rough ridin' football Jesus that I will legally change my name to Stupid JMart in a second if you eff up a football hire!!!!! :curse:

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I don't really know what's going on or care too much but I saw on the twitters that the first reply to Fitz post about moving to 247 was some guy bitching about just paying his Rivals fee the day before. Fitz just said he was sorry and Rivals wouldn't let him tell anyone sooner.  :ROFL:

So, an actual, legitimate Fitz use of "I knew all along, but was told to sit on it." line?!?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
that interview with the ex player is very good.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
so gpc is no more?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
on man, so what happens to fitz/best roast beef sandwich ever?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite K-State Writer of all time?
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2017, 08:45:19 AM »
I've received some news that has shook up the rankings.

Order of operations for being a stud KSU reporter:

-Rivals - we've had our difference but is and always will be the premier spot for KSU information. no matter who is reporting there the network and resources are unmatched. Literally anyone could take a job there and be respected by me. Don't forget the link! https://kansasstate.rivals.com.

-MHK Mercury - The local (what I call it). Tried and true stud journalist developer thing.

-Wichita Eagle - Former stud factory. Now kind pud factory'ish. Probably ranking it too high based on prior stud factory status.

-Collegian (good sports editor). Pretty good when they have the right dude or dudette in place.

-KC Star/CJ - The fact that the star is now on equal footing with the CJ says more about the star than the CJ

-1350 KMAN - Sometimes I like to hear my KSU scoops instead of read them

-Collegian (bad sports editor) - pretty garbagey when they don't

-MHK Mercury - The local (what I call it). Actually bad.

-Scout - Does scout still have a place?

-Hutchinson/Salina/Dodge City/Etc. papers - May have some stuff that you can read? not sure here

-247/bleacher report/non-sports forums where people sometimes talk about sports - all complete crap that I would never go to and you shouldn't either

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
so gpc is no more?

correct

actually not true. if you type gopowercat into your browser it takes you to the rivals site that is now ran by JMart and it still has a post from Fitz on it!!!! :ROFL: Can anyone give a brief....i mean brief explanation as to how or why this happened? Did Fitz leave on purpose or did Rivals dump him?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
who cares, rivals is now great again. MRGA.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite K-State Writer of all time?
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2017, 08:50:08 AM »
I've received some news that has shook up the rankings.

Order of operations for being a stud KSU reporter:

-Rivals - we've had our difference but is and always will be the premier spot for KSU information. no matter who is reporting there the network and resources are unmatched. Literally anyone could take a job there and be respected by me. Don't forget the link! https://kansasstate.rivals.com.

-MHK Mercury - The local (what I call it). Tried and true stud journalist developer thing.

-Wichita Eagle - Former stud factory. Now kind pud factory'ish. Probably ranking it too high based on prior stud factory status.

-Collegian (good sports editor). Pretty good when they have the right dude or dudette in place.

-KC Star/CJ - The fact that the star is now on equal footing with the CJ says more about the star than the CJ

-1350 KMAN - Sometimes I like to hear my KSU scoops instead of read them

-Collegian (bad sports editor) - pretty garbagey when they don't

-MHK Mercury - The local (what I call it). Pretty garbage actually.

-Scout - Does scout still have a place?

-Hutchinson/Salina/Dodge City/Etc. papers - May have some stuff that you can read? not sure here

-247/bleacher report/non-sports forums where people sometimes talk about sports - all complete crap that I would never go to and you shouldn't either

I get most of my reporting from goEMAW.com.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
what happens to gE now?  beems was right all along

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

as long as we have steve dave we'll be fine

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
so gpc is no more?

correct

actually not true. if you type gopowercat into your browser it takes you to the rivals site that is now ran by JMart and it still has a post from Fitz on it!!!! :ROFL: Can anyone give a brief....i mean brief explanation as to how or why this happened? Did Fitz leave on purpose or did Rivals dump him?

We're expecting an A+ (is that how rivals people do it?) source to come on here today and break it all down for you.

The Big Train

as long as we have steve dave we'll be fine

We lost the real SD years ago

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

We're not journalists (lol) and can do whatever we want, like always.  But now all our media type buds are at the top of the ksu sports journalism food chain.  Very complementary.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
what a cluster :lol:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
While I would never laugh at a man knocked down (lol!) this whole thing just feels good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet

We're not journalists (lol) and can do whatever we want, like always.  But now all our media type buds are at the top of the ksu sports journalism food chain.  Very complementary.

:thumbsup:

Also, welcome back Jmart!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
we had a good run as KSUfans and gE, but I'm afraid this site no longer has a place in the KSU BBS fold.  the money faucet that gE has been for the mods for the last 6 (7?) years is over.