Author Topic: Corey Sutton  (Read 49705 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Corey Sutton
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2017, 05:33:50 PM »
not a good look

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2017, 05:38:10 PM »
“When I originally told Coach Snyder I was going to transfer he said, ‘Well, Corey, I feel bad that you want to leave, but I can’t make you stay,’ ” Sutton said. “I dropped all my classes, moved out of Kansas and started looking at my options, then I find out they are denying me my release.

“Coach Snyder told me today that when I signed my letter of intent that was my commitment to him, that I was going to be there for four years. I heard that and told him, ‘Coaches can leave. So why can’t a player leave? You made a commitment to me that you were going to treat me the right way and that’s not what you’re doing.’ ”

“I don’t have enough money for that,” Sutton said. “(Snyder) is trying to treat me like I am his kid. Why is he treating a 19-year old like that and trying to change his life like that? I have never heard of anything like this before.”

“There are so many things messed up with that program,” Sutton said. “Why would I ever go back?”

“My position coach (Andre Coleman) told me if I graduated early from high school that I would come in and start as a freshman, because we didn’t have any receivers,” Sutton said. “Then I get here and we are deep at receiver. I don’t mind competition, but I told the coaches I only wanted to burn my redshirt if I was going to be involved with half the plays.

“They said that wouldn’t be a problem. They told me I was going to start and used me as a starter in practice. They promised me all this playing time. Then the game would start and my position coach would grab me and tell me to stay on the sidelines and that I’m not starting because Coach Snyder doesn’t want to play a freshman. I felt lied to.”

Sutton said he was also upset with coaches asking him to cut his dreadlocks and to wear certain clothes.

“There was a year and a half of events that led to me leaving. I committed to K-State because I thought it was going to be a great experience,” Sutton said. “But it wasn’t. It made me negative-minded about college. This wasn’t a spur-of-the-moment decision. I thought about it for months. I told my coaches I was depressed there. I told my coaches I had to go counseling there. They just don’t get it.”

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2017, 05:41:09 PM »
“When I originally told Coach Snyder I was going to transfer he said, ‘Well, Corey, I feel bad that you want to leave, but I can’t make you stay,’ ” Sutton said. “I dropped all my classes, moved out of Kansas and started looking at my options, then I find out they are denying me my release.

Well that was really rough ridin' stupid, Corey.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2017, 06:20:48 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2017, 06:33:03 PM »
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017, 06:50:33 PM »
not a good look

For which party

I don't care how it looks for Corey.  I do care how it looks for KSU, Bill, and Andre.  For them it looks bad.  It's worse because it serves no purpose at all.

This also pushes me further into the not impressed by Andre Coleman camp. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2017, 08:03:02 PM »
A kid wanting to transfer should only have to finish the semester as to not eff the APR. After that they should be free to go.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2017, 10:08:37 PM »
not a good look

For which party

I don't care how it looks for Corey.  I do care how it looks for KSU, Bill, and Andre.  For them it looks bad.  It's worse because it serves no purpose at all.

Really? How do you fit that in between these coaches suck at recruiting and also do it too clean act everyone has here?

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2017, 10:20:31 PM »
I bet Kenn W and Wildcat Salute got some views on this

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2017, 10:29:43 PM »

“Coach Snyder told me today that when I signed my letter of intent that was my commitment to him, that I was going to be there for four years. I heard that and told him, ‘Coaches can leave. So why can’t a player leave? You made a commitment to me that you were going to treat me the right way and that’s not what you’re doing.’ ”

“I don’t have enough money for that,” Sutton said. “(Snyder) is trying to treat me like I am his kid. Why is he treating a 19-year old like that and trying to change his life like that? I have never heard of anything like this before.”

“There are so many things messed up with that program,” Sutton said. “Why would I ever go back?”

“My position coach (Andre Coleman) told me if I graduated early from high school that I would come in and start as a freshman, because we didn’t have any receivers,” Sutton said. “Then I get here and we are deep at receiver. I don’t mind competition, but I told the coaches I only wanted to burn my redshirt if I was going to be involved with half the plays.

“They said that wouldn’t be a problem. They told me I was going to start and used me as a starter in practice. They promised me all this playing time. Then the game would start and my position coach would grab me and tell me to stay on the sidelines and that I’m not starting because Coach Snyder doesn’t want to play a freshman. I felt lied to.”

Sutton said he was also upset with coaches asking him to cut his dreadlocks and to wear certain clothes.

“There was a year and a half of events that led to me leaving. I committed to K-State because I thought it was going to be a great experience,” Sutton said. “But it wasn’t. It made me negative-minded about college. This wasn’t a spur-of-the-moment decision. I thought about it for months. I told my coaches I was depressed there. I told my coaches I had to go counseling there. They just don’t get it.”

confirmed fp, tc, etc

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2017, 08:00:15 AM »
I believe in the APR theory. I'm tucking my shirt in and am on #TeamKSU until further developments arise.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2017, 08:24:33 AM »
i'm #teamsutton on the dreadlocks, let them babies flow

Offline Functianalyst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2017, 08:33:22 AM »
not a good look

For which party

I agree that this does not look good for K-State recruitment wise.  Hindering a kid from transferring and moving on with his life once they find out K-State is not going to be a good fit, could potentially impact future commitments. 

Whether he should be released is questionable since obviously we don't know the whole story.  If Sutton was told he would be released at the end of the semester to not affect the APR rating, yet decided to drop his classes anyhow then so be it.  He only showed his immaturity.  In the meantime as a fan, we can do just as much damage by bashing the kid on social media.  I say let this one play out.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:05:54 AM by Functianalyst »

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2017, 08:58:57 AM »
not a good look

For which party

Not sure about the last statement, but I agree that this does not look good for K-State.  It's hard enough to recruit to Manhattan.  Hindering someone moving on with their lives once they find out K-State is not going to be a good fit could potentially impact a kid's decision to commit. 

Yet on the other hand this makes no sense.  I will wait to hear the other side.

I haven't been impressed with Andre for a lot of reasons.  After sitting on the east side a couple years, I can see how the players interact with him.  After every bad play he makes the exact same "come on man" face while holding his head set in 1 hand and making a fist, bending his arm across his stomach with his other hand.  The players completely ignore him coming off the field.

Also, who has gotten better under him?  The only one that stuck around was Burton and he never got better.  He's good for a few SE recruits and other than that, he's just filling a spot. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:05:23 AM by TheHamburglar »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2017, 09:06:43 AM »
Also, who has gotten better under him?  The only one that stuck around was Burton and he never got better.  He's good for a few SE recruits and other than that, he's just filling a spot.
lockett and sexton come to mind.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2017, 09:14:29 AM »
lockett and sexton come to mind.

They were both juniors by the time he got here.  I'll give him some credit for them, but he hasn't developed anyone on his own.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2017, 09:25:52 AM »
Between this:

The 2014 season proved to be the best year for Wildcat wide receivers in school history as the 1-2 punch of All-American Tyler Lockett and All-Big 12 performer Curry Sexton became the first duo in school history to go over 1,000 yards in the same season and were the top receiving duo in the nation during that season.

And finding Pringle and Strickland, I think i'll let him stick around.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2017, 09:47:08 AM »
Coach Snyder told me today that when I signed my letter of intent that was my commitment to him
Makes me wonder how long Snyders divorce took

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2017, 10:09:42 AM »
I won't likely take a one sided article with only quotes from a 19 year old kid as gospel.  However, I don't know why KSU handles this things so poorly.  Let him go...who cares?

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2017, 10:12:40 AM »

Yes, let's bash the best recruiter on our staff for using a tactic on a talented high school WR, insinuating that he could play as a Freshman if he worked hard.

We weren't very deep or experienced at WR during the preseason. Fact.

Ever imagine that Sutton wasn't as talented as originally thought? Also, there were also rumors of him being in the doghouse.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:22:02 AM by Pett »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2017, 10:19:24 AM »
I mean, I think it's pretty obvious (barring injury) he's not going to get a ton of snaps over the next 2 seasons. Good for WR depth, but he's just not as talented as the guys in front of him.

So move on, but I'd consider keeping yourself in good academic standing before saying stupid crap about it all. If that's the issue anyway. (his mother says he had a 3.0 spring semester, and it was his summer classes "he dropped" in that quote, so maybe it's not)

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2017, 10:32:08 AM »
Sutton called Kellis back and Kellis updated his story.  He finished the spring with a 3.0 & dropped his summer classes.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2017, 10:34:39 AM »