Author Topic: Corey Sutton  (Read 49880 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Corey Sutton
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2017, 10:08:39 PM »
I wasn't aware school officials could comment on a student athlete failing drug tests?

No Frank bites us again. If he was still around, he could've taught Bill how to talk about all this stuff.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2017, 10:10:17 PM »
He called Kellis a yokel.   :lol:

It was beautiful
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KsuWildcatsXII

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2017, 10:44:23 PM »
A friend said he thinks the drug test remarks weren't actually about Sutton. He thinks Bill was speaking generally about team policies and was actually referring to Geary. I just listened to the interview again and now I'm not sure. Anyone else get that impression?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2017, 11:13:03 PM »
A friend said he thinks the drug test remarks weren't actually about Sutton. He thinks Bill was speaking generally about team policies and was actually referring to Geary. I just listened to the interview again and now I'm not sure. Anyone else get that impression?

One of you wizards needs to right now make a Bill diagonal purple note breaking down exactly who's failed how many drug tests.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2017, 12:46:14 AM »
Welp Corey mumped with the wrong dude. Snyds laid him out in that interview I just saw.

Bill's way of saying "Don't eff with me."
Pretty much, I laughed pretty hard. Kid should have made sure his house was clean before spouting off.

None of that crap should have any bearing on a release, it actually makes the case for a release stronger. It was an incredibly defensive and frankly stupid and nonsensical monologue. This is going to make this situation worse. He wants a release so you disclose he failed drug tests so this is why you won't give a release? WTF?

This is just as bad as the Marcus Raines thing but probably not as bad as he treated Ell after his eligibility was competed. I wish this dude wasn't deified as much as he is; guy is just a regular ass dude.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2017, 12:55:57 AM »
I don't think it should have any baring (bearing?) either. I found it funny in a way like someone mouthing off and being soundly rebuffed.

It happens to me all the time. It happens to a lot of people. I can find humor in it.

Im team release. Have been this whole time. He wants to leave, let him go.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2017, 07:21:58 AM »
FERPA, HIPPA what's up next on LHC Bill Snyder's "eff the Feds" rampage?

Stay tuned.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2017, 08:02:49 AM »
I think Bill is genuinely concerned about the well being of this youngster, and believes it's best for him to stay in the program and receive the mentorship and guidance that only Corey's FAMILY can provide.  Some may call it tough love, but it's love nonetheless.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2017, 08:15:15 AM »
FERPA, HIPPA what's up next on LHC Bill Snyder's "eff the Feds" rampage?

Stay tuned.

:lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2017, 08:15:30 AM »
What many don't appreciate about this situation is that it isn't just about Sutton.  Snyder is thinking long term and which policy is best for team going forward.  By not granting release, you discourage this request in the future.  It's smart.

Unfair to Sutton?  I don't think so.  Now if Snyder were cutting guys' scholarships simply because they sucked, then I would say "yes this is a double standard."  But he treats this as a four year commitment....and expects the players to do so, too.

The argument about coaches being able to leave is irrelevant.  Their contract is with the school....and when they break it they have to pay.  And, in any event, that argument is even more ridiculous when talking about Snyder, since he has stayed at KState 25 years.

I would've had more sympathy for Sutton if he didn't play the "slavemaster" card and the "they promised my starting."  He could've looked on the depth chart to see he wasn't a starter.  He comes off like a someone who makes me uncomfortable....it obviously pissed Snyder off as well.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2017, 08:26:19 AM »
My thoughts: this is not ok

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2017, 08:27:55 AM »

It's even worse if he told everyone Sutton failed a drug test that Geary actually failed.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2017, 08:39:30 AM »

It's even worse if he told everyone Sutton failed a drug test that Geary actually failed.

he didn't tell everyone sutton failed the test, he implied it; which it could be argued is worse than actually fingering sutton for the failed test.
regardless, these situations get so dirty that they're best just avoided.  no one wins.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2017, 08:40:21 AM »
jfc, Steffy

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2017, 08:41:21 AM »
for Snyder to stand there and say, with a straight face, that he's never allowed a player with two failed drug tests to stay on the team, before Sutton, is laughable. i am confused by this whole situation.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2017, 09:12:36 AM »
How many did Brod fail?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2017, 09:25:39 AM »
The whole flip side to the no transfer policy is that Bill will honor the scholarship of anyone regardless, it is guaranteed whether they can play or not.  This is a positive in pitching A KID WHO MIGHT NT BE GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY.

I am sure the try hards from Hosington will appreciate 4 years on the KSU dime when they realize they will never see the field.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2017, 09:34:34 AM »
i really thought Snyder2.0 was a little softer. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2017, 09:44:25 AM »
intrinsic values don't get soft over time

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »
has anyone on gopowercat or wildcat salute said anything about Michael smith once wanting to transfer.  :crossfingers: I'm really hoping so

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2017, 10:05:09 AM »
He called Kellis a yokel.   :lol:

It was beautiful

the best part of this ordeal to date.

Offline Functianalyst

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »
Maybe I am missing something here, or clearly some of you are confusing working to earn your keep with entitlement. Growing up in Oklahoma, I know way too many who lost their scholarships over the decades because they did not produce.  College football at the more elite programs is a cut throat business and players are well to aware at OU and OSU that there are not guarantees.  In the 70's-80's Corey Sutton would not have needed to be worried about being released at OU, because they would have snatched his scholarship. 

When HCBS makes it clear that he is not going to ever let that happen at K-State, it shows me the man has the highest of integrity.  If he is willing to make that commitment to his players, then I absolutely agree that he expects some loyalty from his players.  Corey Sutton gets to learn how the real world works.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2017, 10:18:09 AM »
They are going to release Sutton eventually.  I don't know why they want to look as bad as possible in the process.
Maybe I am missing something here, or clearly some of you are confusing working to earn your keep with entitlement. Growing up in Oklahoma, I know way too many who lost their scholarships over the decades because they did not produce.  College football at the more elite programs is a cut throat business and players are well to aware at OU and OSU that there are not guarantees.  In the 70's-80's Corey Sutton would not have needed to be worried about being released at OU, because they would have snatched his scholarship. 

When HCBS makes it clear that he is not going to ever let that happen at K-State, it shows me the man has the highest of integrity.  If he is willing to make that commitment to his players, then I absolutely agree that he expects some loyalty from his players.  Corey Sutton gets to learn how the real world works.

Almost as stupid as Steffy's take

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2017, 10:23:19 AM »
Oh FFS, there's a moment when (and it's very early) when you're beyond this "teachable moment" bullshit, and you move on.

You don't bury yourself in a PR quagmire where with every flap of your jaw you make yourself out to look like a complete hypocrite and idiot.

No one should be surprised that the Snyder Above K-State crowd is having this reaction so they toss BS around like "commitment" and "teachable moment". 

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2017, 10:28:18 AM »
K-State really takes the, "any Publicity is good publicity," thing to the next level it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk