Author Topic: I love Frank Martin  (Read 41207 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: I love Frank Martin
« Reply #275 on: March 29, 2017, 03:06:33 PM »
actually, no, i take issue with more than that.  i don't like equating more variable with easier.  just because luck plays a larger role in the outcome does not make it easier.  the plain old pomeroyless coin flip odds are a more honest representation of which is easier.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2017, 03:22:39 PM »
actually, no, i take issue with more than that.  i don't like equating more variable with easier.  just because luck plays a larger role in the outcome does not make it easier.  the plain old pomeroyless coin flip odds are a more honest representation of which is easier.

so you're saying that frank can't coach and the only reason he made it to the final 4 is luck  :rolleyes:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2017, 03:43:29 PM »
Just consider the empirical probabilities of each scenario and forget concepts like best team and difficulty of schedule.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2017, 08:57:14 PM »
You guys are getting lost in the weeds. I'll get this thread back on track. Don't think this has been posted yet but not sure.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article141535974.html
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 29, 2017, 09:02:52 PM »
You guys are getting lost in the weeds. I'll get this thread back on track. Don't think this has been posted yet but not sure.

Wow, Wefald shits all over Currie.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 29, 2017, 09:06:47 PM »
“Frank should still be at K-State,” Wefald said. “John Currie wanted to hire his own coach, and they didn’t get along. It’s too bad. Frank told me many times that he wanted to coach here until he retired. Indeed, he told me that for a year or two after he left here.

“Now, of course, Frank is a Gamecock and he loves his job completely. But if someone like Tim Weiser, for example, had been the athletic director at K-State or someone like him in 2012 and in the years to come, Frank Martin would still be K-State’s head basketball coach.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article141535974.html#storylink=cpy

So if Wefald is still president in 2012 he tells John Currie to shut the hell up and live with it or leave? What was the timeline of Wefald Leaving and Currie being hired?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 29, 2017, 09:19:00 PM »
John Kurtz had some good stuff on The Game about that today

http://1350kman.com/the-game-32917/

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 29, 2017, 10:05:06 PM »
The next person to downplay frank's tourney success is getting banned lock stock and barrel

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 29, 2017, 10:09:28 PM »

Wow, Wefald shits all over Currie.

yeah that was a surprisingly insightful article.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 30, 2017, 09:17:10 AM »
Some good stuff here.

"I wasn't a feel-good story then, was I?" Martin recalled Tuesday. "I am fortunate that I have never been one to spend a lot of time worrying about what other people said or wrote about me, because a lot of it wasn't good. But there have been so many people who stood by me, who did it, quite frankly, when I probably didn't deserve it. I remember who those people were. And I know people will remember when I did the same for them."

"At heart I am still a high school math teacher," he said. "I have done things I'm not proud of, and I have done a lot of things I am proud of. No matter what I have done, I'm an open book. I've got no secrets. My players aren't going to learn from me unless they know everything about me."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19034606/south-carolina-gamecocks-coach-frank-martin-even-sure-all-frank-martin-stories

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: March 30, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »
the tone of this board has always been anti-wefald yet here we are

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 30, 2017, 09:33:38 AM »
Wefald is a dumbass but that doesn't mean he doesn't bleed purple

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 30, 2017, 10:05:47 AM »
The next person to downplay frank's tourney success is getting banned lock stock and barrel

Let's see how he does without Figger before we call him a success.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 30, 2017, 10:13:34 AM »

Lots of feelings about Wefald. His tenure had its bright spots and its black marks, and his speeches as pep rallies were always just boring as crap, but yeah...he loves the qats.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 30, 2017, 10:14:43 AM »

Lots of feelings about Wefald. His tenure had its bright spots and its black marks, and his speeches as pep rallies were always just boring as crap, but yeah...he loves the qats.

my feelings about him are that he is a complete stud

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 30, 2017, 10:39:03 AM »
wefald was a stud for a period of time and then he turned 117 and his usefulness to cats u dried up but he stuck around and became anti-useful, then he left and instead of hiring the next up and coming wefald stud we hired dickhead fanimal who basically cauterized a lot of the growth that former stud wefald had put into motion.  now we have a dude who is 10 years wefald's senior and all this guy knows is missiles and aircraft carriers. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 30, 2017, 10:52:23 AM »
wefald was a stud for a period of time and then he turned 117 and his usefulness to cats u dried up but he stuck around and became anti-useful, then he left and instead of hiring the next up and coming wefald stud we hired dickhead fanimal who basically cauterized a lot of the growth that former stud wefald had put into motion.  now we have a dude who is 10 years wefald's senior and all this guy knows is missiles and aircraft carriers.

aircraft carriers are awesome tho

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 30, 2017, 10:55:13 AM »
they've outgrown their usefulness in today's modern military.  they're just a huge target now.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2017, 10:57:16 AM »

The Word.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2017, 10:59:11 AM »
I can tell you this, no chance in heck Wefald throws Frank Tracz under the bus the way Fanimal and Currie did.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 30, 2017, 11:09:38 AM »
If Wefald had been sitting next to Krause (RIP) at that one hoops game that time, they'd have both been angrily calling for the tech, with hand gestures.  Yeah, probably buffoons in a lot of ways, but EMAW buffoons.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2017, 11:12:21 AM »
Lots of people spitting truths about wefald itt

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2017, 11:24:11 AM »
the animal was the animal, we know that.

if wefald was an animal, what type would he be? i say aardvark.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2017, 11:40:13 AM »

Thanks for posting this. You saved me from having to paste it as I was going to comment this evening.
There's no need to ban any properly stated opinion and view point. Actually, I heard about the article on KMAN
this afternoon as I drove home from work. Wefald claims that Frank would still be here if Currie had not been AD.
Well, he is entitled to his opinion, but it's just that, an opinion. There is no way Wefald could know if Frank was
serious about remaining at Kansas State. I would imagine there were more than a few Cowboys who thought
Brad Underwood was their coach for how ever many years it would take Underwood to return their program to glory.
After all, that's what the man told them. Within a few days, Underwood's words were nothing but a coach blowing hot air.
Wefald relates Martin told him that he (Martin) would like to retire at Kansas State. I have only one question.
Would Wefald expect that Frank would say any thing but those words?

"Hey President Wefald, I really thank you for the huge break you gave me. I was an unknown coach.....unproven and
I want you to know that I appreciate what you have done for us, but I'm going to move on as soon as Miami calls. No hard feelings, huh?"

I remember quite well when I was hired at my first job after finishing school. These were my exact words to the Director of the Department.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity and putting your trust in me. To show my gratitude, I'll work here for at least one year
and as soon as a better deal comes along, I'll be departing." No, wait a minute, that's not what I said. I said the following:

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity and putting your trust in me. I really want to retire here in 40 years."

Actually, I didn't have the nerve to say that because I knew, and the Director would have known, I was blowing hot air.

Wefald claims that John Currie wanted to, "HIRE HIS OWN COACH". I hope John Currie responds to this allegation.
Did Currie tell Wefald that he wanted to get rid of Frank so he could hire his own coach? If not, then, Wefald is simply
forming this opinion. Obviously, Wefald can't understand why an AD would refuse to cater to Martin's every whim.
A case could be made, however, that Currie took his job seriously as head of Kansas State Athletics and, because of this,
had to insist that certain rules and decorum be followed. I know that Bill Self rules the roost in the Kansas Athletic Department
but, from the looks of things, some one should have enough back bone to say no at some point. After all,
President Wefald presided over the Ron Prince under the table payout and played fast and loose with donor money. Currie
was hired to stop the underhandedness and, obviously, he took his job seriously. In the world of sports, that can be a bad
thing because it's all about winning, baby.

As has been stated before, it's a good bet that we're not going to hear the other side of the story. President Wefald, and
Jamar Samuels, are entitled to their opinions but pardon me if I'm not that impressed.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 30, 2017, 02:16:52 PM »

Let's see how he does without Figger before we call him a success.
Yeah remember when dax credited Brad for any of Frank's success? That was great.