Author Topic: I just recovered from a gut wrenching spasm  (Read 4687 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I just recovered from a gut wrenching spasm
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 08:41:45 AM »
There are going to be some gems on k-statefans with their small timey attitudes and expectations with the Brad news.

a good exchange on facebook The K-State Family

And Salute. My goodness.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 10:05:10 AM »
I dunno pair him with a P5 conference and meh ooc scheduling and Weber has a much more appealing ncaa tournament scheduling wise than at most mid majors.

At mid-major schools, they really don't care that he gets to the NCAA tournament every year.

True, and they think winning -- hell, even making -- a play-in game is a big deal. That's Oscar time.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2017, 10:11:45 AM »
kstatefans.com is why we have oscar...

......and why we'll keep him.  :frown:

This game was fixed

How many times have you seen Westicles in foul trouble so early? When is the last time you saw him with 3 fouls in the first half?
Westicles was our most dominant ball player coming down the last half of the season and they, immediately, neutralized him.

I have seldom seen such a one sided called game. We could not guard Cincy when they got it in the paint. It was always a foul and then
they had their way in the paint. At one point the foul total was 19-9. In the second half, it was 9-2 at one point. And, all week, I heard about
how physical they are.

Early in the second half, we made our run with Brown's three bringing us within 7. Cincy went down and a player threw up an off balanced hook
from about the free throw line and the ref bailed him out with a foul. My son and I were watching the game in Manhattan and I said: "It's over. This game is fixed." Moments later, after another run, Sneed was called for a foul on a block at around the top of the key.

Cincy traveled numerous times as they ran into the lane and, each time, was bailed out by a foul call when it should have been a travel.

On the way home, I told my son as we listened on the radio. You'll know it's fixed when, under 4 minutes with game out of reach, we'll get most of the calls. Sure enough. They called a carry on Cincinnati. Cincy misses, Kamau grabs a rebound and they call Cincy for a bump foul. Then another foul is called on a drive..... This was to try and even up the horrible discrepancy in fouls and to show the whole nation just how unbiased these officials were.

Yes, Cincy hit everything they threw up, but it's easier to shoot well when there's no pressure because you're bailed out with calls throughout the game.

I'm not saying someone paid off the refs. I'm saying that whoever these refs were, and for whatever reason, K-state was not going to win. Perhaps, East Coast bias, who knows. It's easy to call things against K-State because Weber just stands there with his mouth open. Where's Bob Knight when you need him?

p.s. I'm not saying K-State should have won. Cincy was red hot. We were cold. I'm simply saying there was officiating bias in favor of Cincy. I'm just glad the game didn't go down to the wire because I would have hated to see what might've been called if Cincy was in trouble.

Cognitive dissonance is a hellava drug.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 09:09:14 PM »
The jig is up:

Okay guys I have decided that maybe it was a good thing that the post that I spent 15 minutes typing on my Iphone didn't go through. I was responding to Dave's good post on what we need for next year and more specifically Dean's personality. With all the lurkers that are on here it is probably a good idea to not post anything on that topic on a public forum for now. But I am willing to respond to private messages or e-mails if you are interested.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 09:16:05 PM by slackcat »