Author Topic: Is this too much to ask for? (Asking for a friend)  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Is this too much to ask for? (Asking for a friend)
« on: February 28, 2017, 11:34:02 PM »
As much as I hate to put this out in the universe, I was thinking last night that this year would be a really bad year to have to put up with a potential "Self is leaving" situation. Basically entire starting five is gone. Beloved player is gone. Tyler no longer on the team. Mediocre recruiting class coming in. And all the bullsh!t controversies being stirred by the local media. This is probably as few emotional ties as Self will ever have to the job. He's still got the conference streak and his affinities for the university. But, I'd be more worried about the OSU job attracting him than I ever have been before.

Currie leaving is the first domino... Weber falls... Underwood comes home... the door opens for Massa Self to head home?

:peek:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
bears are fast...

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is this too much to ask for? (Asking for a friend)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 11:38:17 PM »
That would be very comical.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 12:48:46 AM »
I'm assuming this is trolling, but I will just say there is literally no way that happens.  Self will not tolerate any school with a football program that is even remotely successful.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:46:21 AM »
Sexual assault in the basketball dorm (basketball player quietly transferring out), another female athlete involved in an altercation with a male athlete etc etc, is a "bullshit controversy" stirred up by the media? 

Baylor Lite fans, wow. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TimJimothy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 07:17:56 AM »
I don't see Self going anywhere until he retires. There are very, very few places he'd have as much power as he has in Lawrence. That town and school will do anything for him and his players...including covering up / playing down any serious issues any players/coaches get involved in. I don't think Stillwater would go that far.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 08:03:14 AM »
I don't see Self going anywhere until he retires. There are very, very few places he'd have as much power as he has in Lawrence. That town and school will do anything for him and his players...including covering up / playing down any serious issues any players/coaches get involved in. I don't think Stillwater would go that far.

If you think Lawrence is an inbred, parochial burg, just wait until you see Stillwater.  Massa could get a new mix of coeds/realtors to bump fuzz with, and be the king of Oklahoma.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 08:15:33 AM »
What a insecure fan base. sad.